Photo

Genesis VS. Snes!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Genesis VS. Snes! (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is better?

1. genesis (14 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. snes (26 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

3. Both (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Which is your favorite bulit in game?

1. super mario world (27 votes [67.50%])

Percentage of vote: 67.50%

2. sonic the hedgehog (1991) (13 votes [32.50%])

Percentage of vote: 32.50%

Which is your favorite portable system version of these consles?

1. sega nomad (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Anything made by at games or blaze (0 votes [0.00%])

3. supaboy (0 votes [0.00%])

4. FC-16 go portable snes (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Never played any of them (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

6. Anything else (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

What do you think? I think the snes because it's game libary. I love games normally won't.

Edited by kirbylover, 26 January 2013 - 06:57 AM.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Obviously SNES. It had great games, and they're called pack-ins, not built-ins

2lvmghw.png

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

SEGA machines had built in games, where you didn't need to insert a game cartridge to play them. Dunno if the SNES had that.

Then again, I usually think of pack-ins as titles that come bundled with consoles.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I don't know... Sega did have Blast Processing after all...

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

SNES for me. The Genesis didn't have many stand out games besides their first party offerings ( especially Sonic), and at the time. Most third party games were multiplatform ( or had a sister game on the other console). SNES had tons of stand out first party games, and an extreme third party of line up of classics like Final Fantasy, Capcom games, Secret of Mana, just too many to count. The music was also better, though the Genesis did have an audio style that was more gritty and unique. But the SNES was able to handle many different audio styles, and had some of the best game soundtracks of it's time.

Here's two videos that cover an in depth look at the subject.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Tricky is going to hit me for saying this, but the Super Nintendo is the clear winner.
Everything from the games to the hardware was vastly superior.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Both were awesome.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I preferred the Genesis, mainly just because of Sonic, but I can't deny the SNES having a better library and audio, even if I'm too young to remember it. :P
Posted Image

#9 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Sega does what Nintendon't

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

SNES for sure :D

#11 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Wow this is like being back in the 90s again! I votes SNES! I remember when SNES came out I got one for Christmas and all my friends had Genesis and it was a never ending battle on which one was better. We would argue for hours, then after the argument they would say "so Jeremy can we play super mario world, or mario kart?" haha. Those were some of the best days of gaming.

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Genesis is hands down one of the best consoles of all time. Anyone who says it has nothing to offer beyond 1st party titles ( here's looking at you fire) is crazy or never owned the console. Now I love the SNES, but I grew up a Sega kid. I prefer the Genesis for multiple reasons. While the SNES, has a much more vivid color palette, the Genesis did have superior graphics. Also it had a ton of 3rd party gems. As for multiplatform games...don't get into this argument with me without doing your homework. While there were a lot of multiplatform releases, they generally only shared the name back then and were very different games by different developers. Back in those days the game lineups were far more diverse on a system by system basis than today. With games like Streets of Rage, Sonic, Ristar, Shining Force, and tons more...it was a force to be reckoned with. It's unfortunate that so many people judge it without ever playing it, or by showing blind devotion to one or the other. Growing up in the 80's and 90's...it was Sega or Nintendo. After the fall of Sega I came to Nintendo and I will always be here...the old days are long gone, but No system will ever get my support as much as the original 2 behemoths of the gaming world.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

All of what he said for the Genesis is true. I personally believe the margin is thinner than what most believe. Though I disagree with Tricky and believe SNES is the superior console for (almost) all of the same reasons, I feel like at the end of the day, it comes down to nostalgia. You can go back and forth, both systems were so great, but at the end of the day, bias lies with nostalgia the most.

But guise... nothing beats dat Virtual Boy.

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's hard for me too say which one is the best, both the Genesis and Super Nintendo were amazing systems. Both systems had great first party support, excellent graphics, and a amazing game library. Like the above posted stated, the Genesis had great titles such as Streets of Rage, Sonic, Vectorman, and Shining Force, it definitely was a beast of a console. The SEGA Genesis also had slightly better specs than the SNES. There will be people here who blindly say "Super Nintendo ftw", judging the console with out even playing it. I grew up on Nintendo, The SNES had classics like SMW, DKC, Earthbound, and Super Metroid and I prefer the SNES's controller over the Genesis's controller. I love Nintendo, they're perhaps the greatest game company of all time, but I expect some extreme bias in this thread sooner or later. You truly had to be living the 1990s to truly appreciate these consoles, then you'd understand the magic of them and why so many people consider them the greatest gaming consoles.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

SNES has Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past...

/thread :)

I owned both, i like SNES better because i felt like i had to defend its honor... It was brutal back then in the 90s console wars.
Streets of Rage was a great game. I also perferred to play Mortal Kombat on Genesis over SNES due to the blood issue.
Toe Jam an Earl was ok too. Last but not least is Sonic. I loved Sonic 2, and the addition of Knuckles and also how you could insert other sonic carts into sonic & knuckles.Then 32x came and they went downhill lol. I think theres more memorable titles on SNES. I had to really dig in the depths to remember what games i loved on sega. Either way Im glad Sega is on just the software side of things so i can enjoy their great games on my Nintendo.

#16 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

A Nintendo vs SEGA thing in a Nintendo forum xD If SEGA wins this I'll go to Burj Khalfa and say 'The Gods of Olympus has abandoned me' and jump!

I loved Both SNES and Mario more. Super Mario World is by far my favorite Mario ever!

#17 tshrimp

tshrimp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

I loved my Sega, and prefered it to the SNES. Cross platform games always seemed to run smoother and faster. Mostly talking about the many hours of football.

#18 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

for me it's snes, i bought it on launch day :) I didn't get my megadrive at launch, i got it when sonic 1 came out ;)
Posted Image

#19 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Genesis is hands down one of the best consoles of all time. Anyone who says it has nothing to offer beyond 1st party titles ( here's looking at you fire) is crazy or never owned the console. Now I love the SNES, but I grew up a Sega kid. I prefer the Genesis for multiple reasons. While the SNES, has a much more vivid color palette, the Genesis did have superior graphics. Also it had a ton of 3rd party gems. As for multiplatform games...don't get into this argument with me without doing your homework. While there were a lot of multiplatform releases, they generally only shared the name back then and were very different games by different developers. Back in those days the game lineups were far more diverse on a system by system basis than today. With games like Streets of Rage, Sonic, Ristar, Shining Force, and tons more...it was a force to be reckoned with. It's unfortunate that so many people judge it without ever playing it, or by showing blind devotion to one or the other. Growing up in the 80's and 90's...it was Sega or Nintendo. After the fall of Sega I came to Nintendo and I will always be here...the old days are long gone, but No system will ever get my support as much as the original 2 behemoths of the gaming world.

Most know the 1st party ones but always forget the good 3rd party ones for sure! Some of my old faves were Toejam & Earl, Thunder Force IV, Mercs, ESWAT, Quackshot, Gunstar Heroes, Landstalker, Castlevania Bloodlines, Alien Soldier, Strider, and Contra Hard Corps.

I had both close to launch. I never did shell out for a SegaCD or 32X though.

Your post is definitely spot-on (just remembered Cool Spot) and the Genesis is definitely slept on. That all said, I still preferred SNES games. Much bigger selection of amazing action/platformers and RPGs.

If I recall correctly, the Genesis had a faster CPU. What's interesting is that this is going on right now with the Wii U, where the masses are slamming the Wii U for specs and speed when it really comes down to the games.

On a side note, I always liked the Saturn more than the N64! :ph34r:
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#20 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Most know the 1st party ones but always forget the good 3rd party ones for sure! Some of my old faves were Toejam & Earl, Thunder Force IV, Mercs, ESWAT, Quackshot, Gunstar Heroes, Landstalker, Castlevania Bloodlines, Alien Soldier, Strider, and Contra Hard Corps.
I had both close to launch. I never did shell out for a SegaCD or 32X though.
Your post is definitely spot-on (just remembered Cool Spot) and the Genesis is definitely slept on. That all said, I still preferred SNES games. Much bigger selection of amazing action/platformers and RPGs.
If I recall correctly, the Genesis had a faster CPU. What's interesting is that this is going on right now with the Wii U, where the masses are slamming the Wii U for specs and speed when it really comes down to the games.
On a side note, I always liked the Saturn more than the N64! :ph34r:

Well said. I agree totally, except I prefer the Genesis over SNES.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!