YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

It's a pretty decent interview.

Also lol at the interviewer stating the Wii U is on par with the 360/PS3 and Reggie getting offended.

Edited by Zinix, 25 November 2012 - 07:59 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

2:06 Just no!......
good interview apart from that.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#3 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hahaha, Reggie's such a beast.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

LOL who ever that girl is needs to be fired. It sounded like she said sixty years and she said Reggies name wrong.

2lvmghw.png

#5 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

2:06 Just no!......
good interview apart from that.

Agreed, trouble is, thats how a lot of people are going to see the U, until more graphically impressive games are released. WE can see the potential, but the average joe / joanne on the street won't, they'll wonder why they should buy this new console when there are cheaper ones out already that look "just as good".
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

It's a pretty decent interview.
Also lol at the interviewer stating the Wii U is on par with the 360/PS3 and Reggie getting offended.

Already posted earlier in this thread.

http://thewiiu.com/topic/7472-what-nintendo-has-to-say-about-wii-u-specs/

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

You have to hand it to Reggie, not getting mad (well, not showing it) when she said the Wii U was "on-par with the 360 and the PS3".

Edited by Blake, 25 November 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image

finally they understand how the industry works, good job! really
Posted Image

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

You have to hand it to Reggie, not getting mad (well, not showing it) when she said the Wii U was "on-par with the 360 and the PS3".

Considering his position in the company he can't get mad or show his emotions regardless of how he feels. He has to be tactful and impartial.

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Definitely. It pisses me off that so many people have accepted the "fact" that the Wii U is just a current gen console with a new controller. NO IT'S NOT. The system is a GPU focused system with a GPGPU. Not quite sure what GPU is in it (ex: RV700 series), but it's definitely powerful. The CPU is the problem with the ports. These games that are ported are designed for a higher clocked CPU. With the slow (not weak) CPU in the Wii U, they will run at a lower frame rate and have a few lag problems. Other than that, they look better. I don't see why the internet believe the bullcrap said by these anonymous sources. Seriously.

My hat is off for Reggie for staying so calm when the Wii U is insulted by that "fact".

Posted Image

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I like how its seems like every single interview ever about the Wii U it shows the gamepad playing Wii Sports baseball and golf

#12 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Look at all the haters in the comments.

#13 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I think Nintendo has benefited from having Reggie with its company. Nintendo was successful in the early days but kind of sunk a bit in the middle, but when Reggie came to Nintendo I really believe he made a good company a great company!

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well props to Reggie for staying calm, I would have ripped her head off lol

#15 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Wait a minute, he said Call Of Duty looks dramatically better on there system, this is true regarding the PS3 (Which btw has better framerate) but the 360 version wipes the floor with it.

Edited by TheDave545, 25 November 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wait a minute, he said Call Of Duty looks dramatically better on there system, this is true regarding the PS3 (Which btw has better framerate) but the 360 version wipes the floor with it.

Its PR talk.

#17 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Don't forget that CNN doesn't necessarily "slip up" so much as the poke the fire a bit. Even the slightest bit of controversy is big news.

Not that Reggie would ever do it, but if he was the type to get super mad and yell that Wii U is better and storm off screen would be bigger news than a little interview like this.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Nope. Everybody can see the side by side now, complete with sliders and rollovers, the time for this ship has sailed. WII U version has higher res textures, even higher poly models (lod), and much higher resolution bad guy beard (you can actually see individual hairs).

Only thing 360 had was a better specular map for bad guy forehead. Though the wii u version was so washed out it may actually be there if you uncrappify your tv's picture settings.

In still pictures, as far as ports go, it is dramatically better looking.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Nope. Everybody can see the side by side now, complete with sliders and rollovers, the time for this ship has sailed. WII U version has higher res textures, even higher poly models (lod), and much higher resolution bad guy beard (you can actually see individual hairs).

Only thing 360 had was a better specular map for bad guy forehead. Though the wii u version was so washed out it may actually be there if you uncrappify your tv's picture settings.

In still pictures, as far as ports go, it is dramatically better looking.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

http://www.eurogamer...-wii-u-face-off

This is what 3Dude is going off of http://www.lensoftru...i-ups3xbox-360/

0 user(s) are reading this topic