#1 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Marcan is back and he has successfully hacked the Wii U!! Although, he is still working on getting to the systems core and full power potential, he has released some minor info...Look for a Wii U Homebrew channel in about 6 months, but for now, check out the CPU and GPU clock speeds he has released. Some forum members on the link provided are clowning these numbers, but you have to remember, Marcan clocked these figures while NOT playing a game, so the processor speeds can be a lot faster during gameplay. Its safe to say that the Wii U's OS doesnt need to run at high speeds for CPU and GPU.

marcan is a well known Wii hacker, in case you haven't heard of him.

Quote:
Wii U codenames worth knowing: system Cafe, CPU Espresso, GPU/SoC/etc. Latte, ARM secure processor Starbuck (we made that one up).

1.243125GHz, exactly. 3 PowerPC 750 type cores (similar to Wii's Broadway, but more cache).

GPU core at 549.999755MHz.

we're calling the WiiU security processor the Starbuck (vs. Starlet on Wii). And it seems to be about equally vulnerable, too

sorry, I'd rather not talk about how I got that yet. It doesn't involve leaks, it involves Wii U hacks ;)

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/marcan42

Edited by PRP777, 29 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...specs-sorta-ha/ beaten by 4 minutes.
I prefer your thread though.

so last gen.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Yeah, saw this through my twitter.

Hector is a very reliable person.... If hes not being locked out by 'starbuck', Nintendo and ibm have some serious explaining to do.

On the bright side, if hes indeed gotten past the arm securcore and into the real wii u, we can all expect fantastic homebrew like. Tomorrow.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I guess I can put the 500GB external to good use now.

#5 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

i wonder why i keep coming to technical threads...can someone explain?

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

i wonder why i keep coming to technical threads...can someone explain?

Because ypu are on the wii u hardware board, where we talk about the hardware.

Go to the wii u games board.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

While the apocalypse may not come to us on december 21st. I fear the end has already begun for Nintendo.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

While the apocalypse may not come to us on december 21st. I fear the end has already begun for Nintendo.

I doubt it. The wii was the best thing that ever happened to nintendo, and both the wii u and 3ds are starting to look like a slightly lesser success of the wii and ds... And with vita putting up far less of a fight than psp...

Wow though if he gets through starbuck and it still reads back like this.

Just wow.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

The end of of nintendo will be when Xbox will have better exclusives(that will not happen), then we will be screwed.

#10 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

I doubt it. The wii was the best thing that ever happened to nintendo, and both the wii u and 3ds are starting to look like a slightly lesser success of the wii and ds... And with vita putting up far less of a fight than psp...

Wow though if he gets through starbuck and it still reads back like this.

Just wow.

This is really bad news for 3rd party support. I'm curious as to how UBI got AC3 to run properly. The PS Vita failed due to lack of promotional support and lack of faith developers have for it. Due to what happened in the past with the PSP. However in terms of hardware it's vastly superior then the Wii and 3DS handheld but I'm sure you already knew that.

The end of of nintendo will be when Xbox will have better exclusives(that will not happen), then we will be screwed.

Sony clearly has the better exclusives. What does Microsoft have going for it? Cheap rehashes of Halo and Gears of War.

Edited by PRP777, 29 November 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

This is really bad news for 3rd party support. I'm curious as to how UBI got AC3 to run properly.

Newer boxes have shinier functions to use.
It's easily on par with last gen.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sony clearly has the better exclusives. What does Microsoft have going for it? Cheap rehashes of Halo and Gears of War.

Nintendo has The Legend Of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin and more......
Sony only has God Of War, Rachet and Clank and Infamous and Uncharted 2( I think that Uncharted 3 is wayyyyyyyyy over rated).

#13 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Newer boxes have shinier functions to use.
It's easily on par with last gen.

Clearly they spent most of their money on creating the gamepad. When their main focus should have been the console. Motion controls was innovative for its time, but touch screen functions. Apple had that covered years ago so much for innovation o_____O Whatever happend to the head piece that would allow us to control the games with our mind?

Nintendo has The Legend Of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero, Pikmin and more......
Sony only has God Of War, Rachet and Clank and Infamous and Uncharted 2( I think that Uncharted 3 is wayyyyyyyyy over rated).

I think you're forgetting a couple others. Heavy Rain, The Last of us, Demon Souls, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4, InFamous 2, Little Big Planet 1. 2. Vita, Wipeout HD, White Knight Chronicles, The Last Guardian, Tearaway, Motorstorm, Modnation Racers, Journey, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War Ascension just to name a few. I wasn't saying Nintendo didn't have great exclusives. I was saying Microsoft didn't. Well beside the Fable series and the Witcher 2.

Edited by PRP777, 29 November 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#14 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Clearly they spent most of their money on creating the gamepad. When their main focus should have been the console. Motion controls was innovative for its time, but touch screen functions. Apple had that covered years ago so much for innovation o_____O Whatever happend to the head piece that would allow us to control the games with our mind?
I think you're forgetting a couple others. Heavy Rain, The Last of us, Demon Souls, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4, InFamous, Little Big Planet, Wipeout HD, White Knight Chronicles, The Last Guardian, Tearaway, Motorstorm, Modnation Racers, Journey, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War Ascension just to name a few. I wasn't saying Nintendo didn't have great exclusives. I was saying Microsoft didn't. Well beside the Fable series and the Witcher 2.

All of the games that you said(and I mean all of them) have nintendo games that destroys them!!!

#15 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

but slower clock speed does not mean current gen lol, actually the clock speeds are worse thanc urrent gen, but the gpu is more modern it has features and its capable to do some things that 360/ps3 cannot, thats obvious too, while at the same time other hardware pìeces will help to mitigate the cpu speed

Edited by Stormage09, 29 November 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Posted Image

#16 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

All of the games that you said(and I mean all of them) have nintendo games that destroys them!!!

Typical fanboy response. Show me sale figures and game of the year rewards and we'll settle this short lived debate.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

So?
It's more modern, thus ac3 would run on it just as easily as the 360.
Their spending habits weren't what I quoted you about.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Typical fanboy response. Show me sale figures and game of the year rewards and we'll settle this short lived debate.

Nintendo has Mario.
Nintendo win's!
Plus, I am not a fanboy, I just think that each consoles has its positives and negatives against and I think that one of Nintendo's positives is their exclusives!

Edited by dyatir, 29 November 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#19 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

but slower clock speed does not mean current gen lol, actually the clock speeds are worse thanc urrent gen, but the gpu is more modern it has features and its capable to do some things that 360/ps3 cannot, thats obvious too, while at the same time other hardware pìeces will help to mitigate the cpu speed

The inevitable Bottleneck begs to differ.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm pretty sure that it was common knowledge they they spend more time researching into the gamepad than the console itself. I'm sure there was an Iwata's ask on this or some developer confirmed it.

Yikes at that CPU clock speed, absolutely speechless.

This thread is going to get ugly fast soon though.

Edited by Zinix, 29 November 2012 - 08:23 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!