#41 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

All of the games that you said(and I mean all of them) have nintendo games that destroys them!!!

All of the games that you said(and I mean all of them) have nintendo games that destroys them!!!

tell me a nintendo game that destroys gran turismo 5

28gxdv8.png

#42 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

tell me a nintendo game that destroys gran turismo 5

cars games doesnt count! but maybe Project Cars for the wii u? :P
Posted Image

#43 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

These CPU specs were taken whent the system was at IDLE in a menu.
Most PCs now a days will cut the CPU power down to save energy. As soon as you fire up a game or do something heavy on the PC the CPU will function at peak capactiy. I know this because my friend said his PC was advertised at having a 3.0 GHz processor. While at the Windows desktop it only showed 1.5 Ghz. As soon as we launched a game, i went to the desktop and checked again and it was at 3.0 GHz just as the box said it should be. I changed his power settings and bam it was always listed as 3.0GHz.

Ill wait untill Nintendo gives us the real story.

You have a point but this console isn't next gen.

#44 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

These CPU specs were taken whent the system was at IDLE in a menu.
Most PCs now a days will cut the CPU power down to save energy. As soon as you fire up a game or do something heavy on the PC the CPU will function at peak capactiy. I know this because my friend said his PC was advertised at having a 3.0 GHz processor. While at the Windows desktop it only showed 1.5 Ghz. As soon as we launched a game, i went to the desktop and checked again and it was at 3.0 GHz just as the box said it should be. I changed his power settings and bam it was always listed as 3.0GHz.

Ill wait untill Nintendo gives us the real story.

^

I noticed that as well

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#45 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

F zero I find gran turismo boring but that's me

#46 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

cars games doesnt count! but maybe Project Cars for the wii u? :P

We were talking exclusivies. and project cars is coming for ps3 isn't?

28gxdv8.png

#47 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

We were talking exclusivies. and project cars is coming for ps3 isn't?

yes its multiplatform, car games usually look better than anything, like forza too
Posted Image

#48 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

If these specs are accurate, the Wii U will be about as fast as the PS3/360. I still think the graphics look better though.

Someone else said the Wii U might be using a powersaving function, and that might be true. But it also might not.

#49 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

That's only after the fact that the game had to suffer compromises such as graphical cut backs lighting and particle effects.

That was before because they thought that they don't have the time enough to do the same as the ps360 versions.
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/10/23/assassins-creed-3-wii-u-is-exactly-the-same-as-other-versions/
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#50 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

It'll be interesting to see how it copes with "Aliens colonial marines" when its released, as that looks like its a pretty graphics and possibly cpu intensive game , also didn't the developer say the U version will look the best? if its cpu is as slow as the specs seem to suggest compared to the other 2 consoles, that'll be a pretty good test.....won't it? Maybe this hacker fella can run some sort of test when the U is running a game? see what results that gives?
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#51 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

It'll be interesting to see how it copes with "Aliens colonial marines" when its released, as that looks like its a pretty graphics and possibly cpu intensive game , also didn't the developer say the U version will look the best? if its cpu is as slow as the specs seem to suggest compared to the other 2 consoles, that'll be a pretty good test.....won't it? Maybe this hacker fella can run some sort of test when the U is running a game? see what results that gives?

yes we will se about Aliens, its supposed to be the "best looking version" and its a fps aswel
Posted Image

#52 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

How isnt it next gen? Im not being a smart ass i just want to hear your opinion.
It is next gen in my opinion as the GPGPU is something none of 2 current gen consoles have. New way to control the games and interact with the tablet. I just dont see how this is not nextgen. Do they have to make a console that displays hologram images in the living room for it to be nextgen?

The specs I see are just fine in my opinion. The Wii U is about the same as my gaming PC. I just have more ram, and 3Ghz processor. The GPU in the Wii U is i think the same as my Radeon HD 6000 series.

#53 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

That was before because they thought that they don't have the time enough to do the same as the ps360 versions.
http://mynintendonew...other-versions/

"It’s not like some radically diminished version" He's not just talking about the Wii in comparison but he also seems to be implying subliminally that it's not a spot on port.

#54 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

The Wii U is next generation in terms of age gap and it being the next console from Nintendo, and the fact that it's a new system built around 2nd screen gameplay sounds like a new generation of gaming to me.

If you're speaking specifically in terms of next generation computing power, then perhaps not, but this is a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, not a COMPUTER. I don't care how fast it is, so long as I don't notice any lag in my games. Gameplay is the most important factor for me when it comes to a GAME CONSOLE. If they can manage to make the Wii U play the same games as the next xbox / playstation, I don't give a crap if it the cpu is technically slower - so long as it plays the games without me actually noticing a "detrimental to gameplay" difference.
Posted Image

#55 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

You seem to not have a grasp on what defines a next gen console.

Next gen is the next generation of hardware a company releases.

Edited by Zinix, 29 November 2012 - 10:03 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#56 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

So we are still on this topic. I won't say much else. Goes back to playing the beautiful Trine 2.

#57 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

You seem to not have a grasp on what defines a next gen console.

Next gen is the next generation of hardware a company releases.

That's not what I meant. It's on par with the current consoles and won't be able to compete with the new consoles Sony and Microsoft are going to release. They said it was 3X more powerful then the current consoles they lied.

#58 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

but slower clock speed does not mean current gen lol, actually the clock speeds are worse thanc urrent gen, but the gpu is more modern it has features and its capable to do some things that 360/ps3 cannot, thats obvious too, while at the same time other hardware pìeces will help to mitigate the cpu speed

Clock speed isnt remotely close tp the issue. Regaurdless ots just the return of the idle clock speed. Processors clock themselves up when under load now, and clock down when idling to save power.

The real issue is hes breaking through using broadway exploits. That definately means not more modern. Although, it does look like the arm coprocessor here is another securecore like the one that handled the wiis conversion into the gamecube (lowered clock speed, shut off circuits wii had cube didnt, locked out all non cube i/o).

So he might not be reading the wii u yet, but what 'starbuck' isnt blocking access too.
One way or another, well know everything soon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#59 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

That's not what I meant. It's on par with the current consoles and won't be able to compete with the new consoles Sony and Microsoft are going to release. They said it was 3X more powerful then the current consoles they lied.

We don't know the Wii U's full potential, even the hacker himself said so. You're basing the power of the Wii U off of a couple bad ports. You do realize that developers do not use the full potential of a console at launch, right?

#60 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

How do you know they lied...? Because the ports of the games from other consoles aren't 3X better? If Nintendo would have said "the clock frequencies of the CPU and GPU will be 3X as high as current consoles", that might have been a lie, judging from this. But they didn't. And come on, of course it will compete with Sony's and Microsoft's next consoles, even the Wii managed to compete with the 360 and the PS3, even though the difference in specs were probably much bigger than what will be the case between WiiU and the next Microsoft & Sony consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!