#21 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

The inevitable Bottleneck begs to differ.

nah, do you think nintendo doest know what a bottleneck is? a company that has been building consoles for 29 years? i really think that they know something that we dont, or we dont know about theyr bussiness strategy so, start to claim nintendo's death its pointless seriously, i believe they know what they are doing

you need to calm down, take a breath and enjoy the console =O, if then you have the need to buy the next xbox or ps go on :)

PD: i remember an article from shinen the dev from nano-assault saying something about that the wii u avoid the typical bottlenecks, i dont know how but they said it

Edited by Stormage09, 29 November 2012 - 08:25 AM.

Posted Image

#22 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Nintendo has Mario.
Nintendo win's!
Plus, I am not a fanboy, I just think that each consoles has its positives and negatives against and I think that one of Nintendo's positives is their exclusives!

Cop out much? I agree that each console has it's gems but saying Mario is better then what Sony has to offer is flat out fanboyish.

#23 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

also

https://twitter.com/...181216054423552
Posted Image

#24 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

For reference:

Here's a comparison of the Wii U, PS3, 360's cpus.

Posted Image

source:neogaf- user shagg187

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

The inevitable Bottleneck begs to differ.

What kind of bottleneck?
The GPU is right beside the CPU.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

So?
It's more modern, thus ac3 would run on it just as easily as the 360.
Their spending habits weren't what I quoted you about.

That's only after the fact that the game had to suffer compromises such as graphical cut backs lighting and particle effects.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

That's only after the fact that the game had to suffer compromises such as graphical cut backs lighting and particle effects.

I have to compromise when I want a fry up at midnight but I have to wake up early and don't have the time so have a sammich.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

This is really bad news for 3rd party support. I'm curious as to how UBI got AC3 to run properly. The PS Vita failed due to lack of promotional support and lack of faith developers have for it. Due to what happened in the past with the PSP. However in terms of hardware it's vastly superior then the Wii and 3DS handheld but I'm sure you already knew that.

Sony clearly has the better exclusives. What does Microsoft have going for it? Cheap rehashes of Halo and Gears of War.

Because clearly clock speeds mean nothing.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

nah, do you think nintendo doest know what a bottleneck is? a company that has been building consoles for 29 years? i really think that they know something that we dont, or we dont know about theyr bussiness strategy so, start to claim nintendo's death its pointless seriously, i believe they know what they are doing

you need to calm down, take a breath and enjoy the console =O, if then you have the need to buy the next xbox or ps go on :)

PD: i remember an article from shinen the dev from nano-assault saying something about that the wii u avoid the typical bottlenecks, i dont know how but they said it

How do you expect for me to relax when we have Iwata apologizing on behalf of Nintendo's obvious F up? I don't take to kindly into being advertised something that's 3X more powerful then the competitors consoles when it's clearly not. I paid 300 plus tax and 60 plus tax only to wait til the console gets patched for the game to function properly? You call this acceptable?

Edited by PRP777, 29 November 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#30 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Huh?

AC3 on the Wii U's lightning is fine you can't really notice the particle effects.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#31 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

AC 3 now is fine, that thing about lightning and particle effects was an old demo version, now AC 3 is "the same" as the other console versions
Posted Image

#32 Soliferum

Soliferum

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I can't remember the last time I ever bought a console based on specs, especially a Nintendo one. Personally, I couldn't care less.

#33 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I can't remember the last time I ever bought a console based on specs, especially a Nintendo one. Personally, I couldn't care less.

I agree with you.

#34 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Huh?

AC3 on the Wii U's lightning is fine you can't really notice the particle effects.

The example is pixelated.

"According to Assassin’s Creed 3 game designer Steven Masters, the Wii U version will be missing some technical features that are available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Because the developer didn’t have enough time to properly port Assassin’s Creed 3 Wii U to Nintendo’s new console, the game won’t include some of the lighting and particle effects present in other versions."

Development time excuses aside. I call BS because they took something out that was already in the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game to begin with it doesn't take that long to encode those minor effects. They could have had it done in a day at best.

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

The example is pixelated.

"According to Assassin’s Creed 3 game designer Steven Masters, the Wii U version will be missing some technical features that are available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Because the developer didn’t have enough time to properly port Assassin’s Creed 3 Wii U to Nintendo’s new console, the game won’t include some of the lighting and particle effects present in other versions."

Development time excuses aside. I call BS because they took something out that was already in the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game to begin with it doesn't take that long to encode those minor effects. They could have had it done in a day at best.

How is it BS? They probably didn't have enough time, they probably received the kits late for the Wii U version, we can't comment on something we don't know. It could of been because of laziness as well.

That's a better video.

#36 sagadego11

sagadego11

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

same here i only buy nintendo systems for it's games and mabey 3rd party games.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

:|
http://3dgep.com/?p=1057

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

How is it BS? They probably didn't have enough time, they probably received the kits late for the Wii U version, we can't comment on something we don't know. It could of been because of laziness as well.

That's a better video.

Exactly it was because of laziness that's why I call BS on the excuse they used of them not having enough time. What do you have to say about the stability of the game? It's been freezing on me and plenty of others. I'm not blaming Ubisoft for that though that's Nintendo's fault for making s cheap rehash and having the nerve to call it the successor to the previous console. They claim they're taking a loss ha the only one taking a loss is us buying overpriced outdated tech.

#39 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Exactly it was because of laziness that's why I call BS on the excuse they used of them not having enough time. What do you have to say about the stability of the game? It's been freezing on me and plenty of others. I'm not blaming Ubisoft for that though that's Nintendo's fault for making s cheap rehash and having the nerve to call it the successor to the previous console. They claim they're taking a loss ha the only one taking a loss is us buying overpriced outdated tech.

I'm sticking with my original statement, they didn't receive the developer's kits in enough time in order to make the port ideal. The graphics are great and are par with the 360 and PS3, the absolutely horrendous framerate is what makes it a bad port. The only thing that's outdated in the Wii U is the CPU, I absolutely agree with you on that. The GPU however, is capable of more modern stuff. It's quite obvious Nintendo spend more time researching and developing the game than looking into a more modern CPU.

Edited by Zinix, 29 November 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#40 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

These CPU specs were taken whent the system was at IDLE in a menu.
Most PCs now a days will cut the CPU power down to save energy. As soon as you fire up a game or do something heavy on the PC the CPU will function at peak capactiy. I know this because my friend said his PC was advertised at having a 3.0 GHz processor. While at the Windows desktop it only showed 1.5 Ghz. As soon as we launched a game, i went to the desktop and checked again and it was at 3.0 GHz just as the box said it should be. I changed his power settings and bam it was always listed as 3.0GHz.

Ill wait untill Nintendo gives us the real story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!