What I think of the system is:
What I think of the controller is:
What I think of the accessories is:
What I think of the software is:
My score (1-10, whole numbers):

Wii U Accessories (Third party products, etc) Reviews
My overall opinion of this product is:

Looking at all the reviews, it's mostly me that needs to use this template lol. But I've seen some short reviews from others as well.

Why am I proposing this? Because it was one of my original ideas that wasn't implemented, and because it should make things look more formatted.

Members are welcome to comment on this, or suggest revisions in the template I posted, as far as I'm concerned. Other members commenting is usually half the fun.

#2 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Game Reviews:
What I think of the graphics is:
What I think of the sound is:
What I think of the controls is:
What I think of the gameplay is:
What I think overall is:

System Reviews:

Wii U Accessories (Third party products, etc) Reviews
My overall opinion of this product is:

Looking at all the reviews, it's mostly me that needs to use this template lol. But I've seen some short reviews from others as well.

Why am I proposing this? Because it was one of my original ideas that wasn't implemented, and because it should make things look more formatted.

Members are welcome to comment on this, or suggest revisions in the template I posted, as far as I'm concerned. Other members commenting is usually half the fun.

Change the order for the Game Reviews and System Review so that it's:

What I think of the graphics is:
What I think of the gameplay is:
What I think of the controls is:
What I think of the sound is:
What I think overall is:

System Reviews:

Other than that, it's a great template!

Edited by Keanu Riives, 01 December 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Can't we just do our own thing? It's fine to follow a template in some cases, but in others it's just not going to work. I can understand following this for a formal review, but we're not really doing formal reviews.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

If reviews templates are agreed upon and accepted, I might reformat my reviews for them in the form of editing my original posts.

Mignaga - No comment. I prefer templates.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Templates are silly, just be honest.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

1. What I think of this template

2. What I think of this thread

3. What I think of others reviews thus far

Overall score (between Adolf Hitler and Morgan Freeman)

The scores will be scored in tiddlywinks as everyone knows Tiddlywinks are the most accurate thing to convert into a final human score.

Official Scores:

1. Two Tiddlywinks
2. Half of a Tiddlywink
3. One Tiddlywink

and after a lengthy algorithm and conversion process....

Overall Score of: Meryl Streep

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 01 December 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I will say how I want to say.

#8 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

A template would work well as a guideline for users who aren't sure what to write in their review, but I think it's best for users to be able to write reviews in their own style. If you want, I can add this template to the section guidelines, but I don't think it should be enforced on everyone who wants to write a review.

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

A template would work well as a guideline for users who aren't sure what to write in their review, but I think it's best for users to be able to write reviews in their own style. If you want, I can add this template to the section guidelines, but I don't think it should be enforced on everyone who wants to write a review.

I think I want that. I will probably then reformat my reviews for the new template, although the only noticeable difference will probably be me fixing my Scribblenauts Unlimited review because it was rushed. I just wish others had more of a team "let's all use a template!" attitude like I was hoping for :), because a template pretty much tells us not to make our reviews too short to be very helpful or too long to read and it is also easy on the eyes because people go into the thread knowing how to expect it to be formatted.

Edited by PotatoHog, 02 December 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Ya, das good idear.
Have it there if someone isn't sure how to post it, but if you don't want to use it is k.
But reviews should have some actual content to them, not just GAME IS SUPER, THOUGHTS?
is that a guideline?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I've noticed members are posting additional threads on the games in Reviews when apparently, we're suppose to keep it all in one thread for each game. I'd invite them to the other threads but the format of their reviews is different than the other review or reviews posted, which kind of throws things off, which is why we need a template.

Edited by PotatoHog, 03 December 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#12 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I've noticed members are posting additional threads on the games in Reviews when apparently, we're suppose to keep it all in one thread for each game. I'd invite them to the other threads but the format of their reviews is different than the other review or reviews posted, which kind of throws things off, which is why we need a template.

It wouldn't be fair to enforce this. Why should I be forced to write reviews in a way I may or may not be happy with? It wasn't an issue to freely express our opinions, I don't understand why it's an issue now.. most popular gaming review sites don't follow guidelines and we are capable enough to read them.

#13 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

It wouldn't be fair to enforce this. Why should I be forced to write reviews in a way I may or may not be happy with? It wasn't an issue to freely express our opinions, I don't understand why it's an issue now.. most popular gaming review sites don't follow guidelines and we are capable enough to read them.

Exactly! we shall not abide by the restraints and restrictions that shackle our creative writing ability.... We shall be free to write the way we want to write because we have the right to write the right way we want to write...

^^I think the video says everything...

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 03 December 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

A template should increase the overall quality of things 150-200%. You guys even have the ability to modify this template to your liking, since it hasn't been posted yet.

Edited by PotatoHog, 03 December 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

A template should increase the overall quality of things 150-200%. You guys even have the ability to modify this template to your liking, since it hasn't been posted yet.

Well for me personally the issue is with making things too stringent, give a little leeway and it'll be more friendly to everyone, and improve the feeling of togetherness.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Here is an example of what a review looks like before and after template. I had to remove some details in converting it to the template, but those details are best discussed in other threads anyway.

Can I have my own thread for this? I'm not sure where to post, or what to post in the given thread.

I unpackage this thing (the Wii U Deluxe) thinking that the stand which comes with it would be worth something. Instead I find out that it is two pieces of plastic. But once you fit these two pieces of plastic on the bottom of your Wii U, you will find that they work well.

Something else you will notice is that the Gamepad is almost the size of the system. It has a screen bigger than the PS Vita's. And for being such a large Gamepad, it's surprisingly comfortable in your hands.

The Gamepad's included cradle currently puzzles me. All you need is the stand to charge it on.

The power brick to this system is pretty large, as you know. It is larger than the Wii's. The Gamepad also has a smaller power brick. When stood straight up, the actual depth of the console is larger than the Wii's depth.

Playing a Wii game is a bit more difficult than playing a Wii game natively on the Wii, because it will take longer to start up, or at least from my experience of starting up Madden 13 Wii for the first time.

The Wii U discs actually smudge easily. I dropped one on the carpet and then tried to wipe it off, and it created a horrible mess of blotches, fingerprints, etc.

A nice addition was having my picture taken by the Gamepad so that the system can help choose the features of my Mii. It was a little off, but it still saved me a minute or two.

I have yet to play Nintendo Land, so I will have to do that.

I give bonus points for including a HDMI cable, even though we've known that they were included with both Wii Us.

My score: 8.75/10

Pros:
Taking a picture with the Gamepad
The Gampad itself

Cons:
Cheap stand
Taking awhile for a Wii game to start up. Hopefully there is an option for a shortcut the next time you start it up.
My horrible experience downloading an update, which took 7 hours when it should have taken 60 minutes.

Now for the template:

What I think of the system is: When stood up, the actual depth of the console is larger than the Wii's depth. I have a Deluxe version which has a black finish. The power brick is large.
What I think of the controller is: The Gamepad is almost the size of the system. It has a bigger screen than the PS Vita's. But for being such a large Gamepad, it's surprisingly comfortable in your hands. The Gamepad can take your picture so the system can help you choose the features of your Mii, which is a nice addition.
What I think of the accessories is: The HDMI cable of the Wii U is a nice addition. Of the included accessories of the Wii U Deluxe, the stand seems cheap but works well once you attach it to the Wii U. The need for a Gamepad cradle puzzles me, as I just charge it on the stand.
What I think of the software is: The original Wii games take awhile to start up. Also, it took me 7 hours to download the update, when it should have taken around 60 minutes.
My score (1-10, whole numbers): 9/10

Edited by PotatoHog, 04 December 2012 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!