40 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Possibly.

The Playstation Vita has been out for one year and it's sold 2.2 million units worldwide, Sony is definitely not making any money off it's products.

Assuming the next Playstation is a failure (they stop support within 2 years of release) I wonder what the console landscape will be like? I feel both the Wii U and Nextbox will be wildly successful and it would be extremely difficult for a third party console to rise again because of this market dominance, recession, and lack of recognition.

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'm not looking forward to thier consoles anyway, I care about the experiance not the POWER, Nintedo HAVE the expeiriance!!

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

http://www.gamechup....and-game-sales/
pyon~
I called it two years ago.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

http://www.freepaten...13/0007892.html

this link is oficial! they patent it today 3/1/2013 (Happy new Year!! )!!! They will fail along with xbox... specs dont matter, if they force you being connected on the net... because they force you to buy the console, buy games and pay bills! lol

Edited by Orion, 03 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I told a girl I like who owns a PS3 about this and her response was that she's most likely not buying a PS4 if she can't buy second hand games and if she can't play PS3 games on it (was this already confirmed to be the case?), so yeah it's a stupid direction for hardware sales. For example, ALL of my Xbox 360 games are second hand except for two of them. I wouldn't buy a console if I can't get second hand games for it (unless, there is no other option but as long as Nintendo does it right there is).

I'm calling it, PS4 will be the least succesful PS to date, not counting portables.
No sig.

#26 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

I told a girl I like who owns a PS3 about this and her response was that she's most likely not buying a PS4 if she can't buy second hand games and if she can't play PS3 games on it (was this already confirmed to be the case?), so yeah it's a stupid direction for hardware sales. For example, ALL of my Xbox 360 games are second hand except for two of them. I wouldn't buy a console if I can't get second hand games for it (unless, there is no other option but as long as Nintendo does it right there is).

I'm calling it, PS4 will be the least succesful PS to date, not counting portables.

Digital games are ok at times. like if you don't drive or is Gamestop does not have the game you want. Or if it is a game like Pirate Warriors only on PSN. However making all games digital only is horrible. Maybe I'm weird but i love buying an actual game and having my collection on my shelve. I'll be sad to see PS4 fail since I loved the PS2 back in the day (still do lol)

Posted Image

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.
That has been a price point for gaming systems since the early days. Why would developers start lowering prices on systems with expensive technology and loose money when they know people will pay the price? In all fairness however - look at what Sony is supposedly attempting to do - they are taking a far bigger more expensive risk than Nintendo just did with the Gamepad. If it works out though..it can be pretty cool.
As to Microsoft being the most powerful out of the bunch...well its Microsoft and they have billions to bleed. It sounds like they are finally making the push towards real virtual reality ...again..it can be interesting..
Like I said..I'm pretty damn intrigued...but if you notice...this gives plenty for us to rub back in Sony/Microsoft fanboys faces - from what this implies is the PSOmni will only be 1-2x more powerful than the Wii U and even the 720 is 4-5x more powerful..thats nothing - both are noticing that Nintendo KNOWS what they are doing..they are trying gimmicks of their own...will they work? We ill find out soon it seems.

Posted Image

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I think no used games is fantastic news. It will teach everyone the true value of a dollar, and that slimy GameStop might go out of business. GameStop will fail, not Sony/Microsoft.

Remember folks, there is always a better place to buy new games; Amazon.

#29 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

E3 will be interesting next year. :D
It sounds good to me, but I don't see what would work from a business perspective, especially Sony, If Sony release it at that price when the Next Xbox is 2 to 3 times more powerful, they will be screwed, especially when they have a similar target audience.
Also, gimmicky?
what the hell, I don't even believe this anyway.

the xbox 2-3 times more power is wasted on other stuff like the kennekt 2.0, and teh claim to play 2 games at once. there are multaple claims that makes teh xbox 2-3 times more power clame could easly not be enough to run the xbox at PS4 levels do to useless gimmicks. the headset will work great on some FPS games, kenneckt needs a dedicated room for to utilize the technology, seperate addons, ect. the xbox seems to be going for raw power and hurting themselfs alot in the proccess to look better, if the rumor hold true. PS4 specs seem more realistic, games not as much, but their exclusives include some good FPS's, and some nintendo ripoffs(big/little planit, their fighting game). both consuls will sell at a much bigger loss than nintendo if rumors hold true, wouldnt be surprised if the stats get lowered from the rumors.

but it will be good to watch.

i expect the steambox to the the truly most powerful.

#30 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

This just in : Fanboys gonna get mad when they find out Wii U is da BEST!

#31 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Okay this is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Especially with Sony because right now they need to give you more reasons as to why you should buy a Vita. It seems to be a little premature for them to be making another console already. Also a $400-500 price tag? Really? For about $100 more I can buy a decent gaming PC that is about 2x a powerful as your phony Xbox720. Also how on earth would you make a console 3x as powerful as the Wii U if it uses the most modern technology out there? Unless if they made I time machine to the future I don't think that they are going to make such a powerful console.

WHY CAN'T I POST ANY PHOTOS?! HOW DO I?! I TRY COPY PASTING I CAN'T!!!!!!

There should be a photo here...

'Nuff said...

Sony over prices their systems... (excluding the super slim)

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#32 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Rumored Chinese Forum Xbox720 specs: 8CoreCPU,8GB,HD8800GPU,W8,640GBHDD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507325

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#33 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Xbox3 possible leak here

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=507325

What do you guys make of it? How will the U stack up to these specs?

#34 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Xbox3 possible leak here

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=507325

What do you guys make of it? How will the U stack up to these specs?

If these are its specs the wiiU will have a uphill battle up a 80 degree slope .

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

That has been a price point for gaming systems since the early days. Why would developers start lowering prices on systems with expensive technology and loose money when they know people will pay the price? In all fairness however - look at what Sony is supposedly attempting to do - they are taking a far bigger more expensive risk than Nintendo just did with the Gamepad. If it works out though..it can be pretty cool.

As to Microsoft being the most powerful out of the bunch...well its Microsoft and they have billions to bleed. It sounds like they are finally making the push towards real virtual reality ...again..it can be interesting..

Like I said..I'm pretty damn intrigued...but if you notice...this gives plenty for us to rub back in Sony/Microsoft fanboys faces - from what this implies is the PSOmni will only be 1-2x more powerful than the Wii U and even the 720 is 4-5x more powerful..thats nothing - both are noticing that Nintendo KNOWS what they are doing..they are trying gimmicks of their own...will they work? We ill find out soon it seems.

But the question is: will people pay the price? PS3 didn't sell incredibly well and Sony lost a lot of their money on it. That's a tough gamble. I'm calling it fake. And it's not about lowering expensive technology's price to sell at loss. It's about making a needlessly OP system that would cost too much.

And Nintendo put a touch screen on a controller and made a pro controller for conservative people. They didn't require to put a something on your head in order to enjoy the full experience. 3D TVs didn't really do good because people didn't want to put special glasses to watch TV. This is no different. If that was true, than Sony would be taking a risk, but again, it's not true, IMO.
Posted Image

#36 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

... the GPU speck came out september 2012.

the price is lower than what PS4 is using for there GPU, and microsoft supposinlg jumped on it imediatly late in the process, to 1up PS4 GPU and not have that close to the wiiU claim people have on its old GPU rumor.

but i am doubtful the price will go down for a new model, when the makers know they can make more money off higher end hardware than lower end.

#37 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

If these are its specs the wiiU will have a uphill battle up a 80 degree slope .

Maybe. That thing's going to cost a lot of money if it's true. I don't think Sony can afford another super machine. So the hardcores are going to split between Xbox/Steambox/PC. Could squeeze out the PS4 and it might unfortunately die out. Assuming Sony goes bankrupt in the near future, which it might. :/

Bad for them but good for the Wii U I suppose.

Edited by Goose, 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#38 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

its not only sony that registered a patent against used games... It is also Microsoft with nextbox. Both will fail. XBOX 100%will force gamers to have interenet connection, because they tend to use cloud gaming on it. (not saves, but gaming)

The only legit console left, iis wii U... maybe thats why developers sided with MS and sony and they bashing wii U, marketing reasons. But what happens if gamers migrate to PC and wii U only? so ms and sony will have a very small amount of gamers, their funbase.

Edited by Orion, 08 January 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#39 Nomad

Nomad

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

This next generation looks like crap. No used games. ;_;

But it may not be that big a deal. It'd be like buying from steam; full price, no resell.

#40 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

But 80% of my Xbox 360 games are used.. oh Wii you gaming industry. Steambox, Ouya and Shield are download-only which sucks.. NINTENDO FTW.

Rumored Chinese Forum Xbox720 specs: 8CoreCPU,8GB,HD8800GPU,W8,640GBHDD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507325

They can cut RAM, HDD and cores by 50% and I'll still be content with it. And more likely to buy it, cuz it would be cheaper. Wii U is no match to this tho.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!