Photo

So it's odd seeing this many systems jsut sitting on shelves.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I wasn't seeing any at any store around me. Went into Toys R Us today, there were 10-12 white ones & 16 black ones. :mellow:

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#22 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Last time I went to my local Wal-Mart, there weren't any Wii U consoles available, basic or deluxe.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#23 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Mario, CoD, GoW

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Best buy and all walmarts around here have plenty of both basic and deluxe.

#24 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

And hey, don't forget... there are plenty on eBay. Haha. I don't know why anybody is even bothering to sell there now. Plenty of people are even lucky to break after ebay, paypal, and shipping fees. The Wii frenzy this is not.

#25 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Some very good opinions here. I there are plenty of tv ads here in the USA. But they focus so much on the game pad that is hard to see what a huge leap this console is from the wii. The 3ds got the same type of feedback from people I work with add the wii u is getting from them. The ps3 and 360 owners when they saw me playing 3ds just thought it was a d's with 3d and still thought you needed glasses. Nobody even knew that the graphics are such a drastic difference that it was almost like a hand held wii. But Yeh I think it will pick up soon. It's just odd that this is the first console launch in recent memory to have systems just sitting on the shelf this early in.. But then again the 3ds had been this way since launch and it doing really well for a handheld. I but this is a console and I guess only time will tell.

#26 xMichiyo

xMichiyo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo <3

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

None on the shelves anywhere around here, other than the basic model here and there. Like others have said, after Christmas the word will be out there more. Not only that but people will have Gamestop/Walmart/Target/etc gift cards to spend.

#27 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

They made a mistake in calling it a Wii U. Sony and Microsoft are safe in having their console names just going up a number each time they make a new one, but Nintendo needed to just rename this to be honest. That's why people think it's some kind of add on/upgraded Wii, or even just the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#28 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I've not seen one WiiU advert on the tv in the uk yet.

Not seen one for the machine itself as such, but seen the zombiU one twice now. on different channels too! woo!
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I know that Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamestop, Toys R Us, etc are all sold out near me. I had to go an hour out to find one in stock at a GameStop in San Diego Proper.

The best buy employees actually seemed upset (irate) about it being sold out, not sure what that was about.

#30 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

So when I bought my Wii U the day before Thanksgiving my local walmart had 3 deluxe systems. Went back on black Friday to pick up some 360 and ps3 games on sale and the two systems that were left after I bought mine were still sitting there. Then tonight at the same walmart there were about 8-10 consoles mostly basics just sitting in the case.

Pics..... or i dont believe it :P

#31 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Not seen one for the machine itself as such, but seen the zombiU one twice now. on different channels too! woo!

Yeah I saw it twice last night lol, and yeah I've not seen one for the actual console yet.

Edited by Triggy1987, 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#32 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

do you honestly think that people confused the ps2 ps3 and ps4? how bout the xbox xbox 360? People who game know the difference

#33 BrokenDreams77

BrokenDreams77

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have seen many available in different stores in my area, both models. Also went to a city 45 minutes away and they also had multiple units in different stores. This is in southwest VA so the cities are not huge or anything.

#34 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I just noticed this too while at best buy today. Not just where they are stocked, but also a few by the Wii U kiosk itself. Very strange... People still want a Wii U... right?

Edited by blu gamepad, 10 December 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

It really isn't odd, Nintendo didn't exactly advertise the Wii U. I didn't see any commercials until the week it was suppose to come out, they should fire the advertising team.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think they also restocked much faster than the original wii. I had to go to gamestop every day for two weeks to catch a wii in stock, ended up getting one as it was pulled off the truck during a shipment delivery. Wii U took less time, the gamestop employee said they are being restocked very quickly, but that they go the same day. THey actually asked me to come in as soon as possible to pick it up so no one accidentally sells it to someone else. Many gamestop stores have yet to catch up with the launch as well. Most don't have the demo unit and many don't even have dedicated wallspace for it yet. The retail situation actually makes it look like it's just a gamepad add on for wii. Nintendo should be discontinuing the wii so these places can sell out of them so the Wii U has more prominent shelf space. In fact, they should have discontinued the Wii prior to Wii U launch to ratchet up a little more demand.

I think once there are more games for the Wii U to place on shelves the demand will go up.

#37 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

So when I bought my Wii U the day before Thanksgiving my local walmart had 3 deluxe systems. Went back on black Friday to pick up some 360 and ps3 games on sale and the two systems that were left after I bought mine were still sitting there. Then tonight at the same walmart there were about 8-10 consoles mostly basics just sitting in the case. I couldn't find a wii or 360 to save my life at launch. I don't think this issues is the systems fault, I think it's marketing. I think to many people assume it's a add on for the wii or something. I was playing my ps vita at work one night and someone asked if it was the new Wii U?!? Seriously?!?!

I agree, I dont think it was marketed very well.

#38 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think they also restocked much faster than the original wii. I had to go to gamestop every day for two weeks to catch a wii in stock, ended up getting one as it was pulled off the truck during a shipment delivery. Wii U took less time, the gamestop employee said they are being restocked very quickly, but that they go the same day. THey actually asked me to come in as soon as possible to pick it up so no one accidentally sells it to someone else. Many gamestop stores have yet to catch up with the launch as well. Most don't have the demo unit and many don't even have dedicated wallspace for it yet. The retail situation actually makes it look like it's just a gamepad add on for wii. Nintendo should be discontinuing the wii so these places can sell out of them so the Wii U has more prominent shelf space. In fact, they should have discontinued the Wii prior to Wii U launch to ratchet up a little more demand.

I think once there are more games for the Wii U to place on shelves the demand will go up.

They shouldn't discontinue the Wii. Gamestop is actually eliminating PS2 games to free up space. So that's the next console to officially die.

#39 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I went to best buy this evening, they had the shelves full of both white and black. Looks like demand is nowhere near the levels the Wii had. I attribute it poor marketing and poor naming (Wii U sounds like an addon for the Wii). I don't believe Nintendo managed to create more Wii Us than they did Wiis - sorry.. I just don't buy into it that they were able to produce more of a complicated system. Remember you couldn't get a Wii at all. A lot of people don't really even know wtf a Wii U is. At least they knew that the Wii was a new console from Nintendo.
Posted Image

#40 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

I work in Tesco head office (big chain UK supermarket) and we've had so many online pre orders that the consoles are only just coming into stores at the end of this week. And it will be limited stock, especially of the Premium bundle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!