#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Until everything else is very cheap, I'm only getting the Wii U and PS4.

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

That means Valve games will only be on PC and their console.
They have good exclusives.
Half Life, Portal, and Left 4 Dead. Say bye bye to Sony and Microsoft!

#4 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

very interesting

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Great...something else for people to get all up in arms. This is something that will cater to a very niche market. I have a gaming pc, so No need for it.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 09 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

"Newell says they will compete with the Xbox 8 and the PS4"

._.

.....He only says that because he knows he will never be able to compete with Nintendo ;)

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

That means Valve games will only be on PC and their console.
They have good exclusives.
Half Life, Portal, and Left 4 Dead. Say bye bye to Sony and Microsoft!

Not necessarily, that would be stupid of them to do that because their games sell best on those platforms.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Im getting this i bet Half Life 3 launches with it!

Posted Image

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Not necessarily, that would be stupid of them to do that because their games sell best on those platforms.

If they want to compete with them, why would they put their games on their rivals consoles?

#10 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Is this really a console
Posted Image

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

If they put their exclusives on other consoles then there would be literally no reason at all to buy that Valve console...

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

If they put their exclusives on other consoles then there would be literally no reason at all to buy that Valve console...

Steam is a huge online service lol. Of course there would be a reason to buy it.. I'm just saying, it may not be the case. Their games have sold better on other consoles.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Steam is a huge online service lol. Of course there would be a reason to buy it.. I'm just saying, it may not be the case. Their games have sold better on other consoles.

Steam is huge but if i can play steam games on my computer then why do i need to buy another console to play the same games?

But if the ONLY place i can play Portal 3 is gonna be on Valves console then you better believe im buying me a Valve console.... otherwise I'd just buy Portal 3 for my xbox and not have the need to buy a Valve

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 09 December 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Steam is huge but if i can play steam games on my computer then why do i need to buy another console to play the same games?

But if the ONLY place i can play Portal 3 is gonna be on Valves console then you better believe im buying me a Valve console.... otherwise I'd just buy Portal 3 for my xbox and not have the need to buy a Valve

Obviously. You don't need to explain it to me as I'm a dumb ass. Valve knows their games would sell better on the 720/PS4 rather than some random new console. Plenty of games have appeared on other platforms such as Crash Bandicoot. As I'm just pointing out, they may or may not(though unlikely) be exclusives.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Guest_Lone_Gamer_*

Guest_Lone_Gamer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

........Interesting...very Interesting indeed. -_-

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

You don't need to explain it to me as I'm a dumb ass.

Posted Image

#17 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm willing to buy a second console this gen.... I'd like to see MS, Ouya, Sony, and Valve fight it out. This gen is gonna be an interesting one, folks.

#18 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

This seems like a good idea. The only thing to really capture my interest is support, which Valve seems to do well with. We just gotta see how it plays out.

Oh btw, I know some of you are shaking this off like it's nothing, but seeing this is a Nintendo-related fan forum, I am going to make the assumption that few of us don't know much or anything about Valve. Well, let me share just a tidbit about them.

Valve is pretty much the Nintendo of PC gaming. They aren't like Sony or Microsoft by a long shot. They have lots of support, dishes out many highly-acclaimed games, and are all gamers, just like us. What they are doing is trying to make PC gaming more accessible to the gaming crowd. When do you ever see families or people in a party gather up around the PC for some multi-play? It's not standard at all.

Of course, the average PC gamer is like "Meh, I got me a blah blah quad core blah blah Radeon blah. I don't need a Steam Box." But this doesn't gear towards them and Gabe Newell says it himself. They basically want to simplify the PC gaming scene by pretty much making a PC console. It would separate gaming from all the other technicalities of computers and leave you with gaming, and this is something different, believe it or not. Valve doesn't wanna take them away from their power rigs. They wanna generate a new crowd, and they are the company to do it, especially with having Steam under their belt.

These guys KNOW gaming and are ALL about it, just like Nintendo. It isn't anything like Sony, the music and TV people, and Microsoft, the computer and operating system people.

I'm not a big fan of Valve, but I have a lot of respect for them and I've honestly only ever heard positive things about them. Valve just might be the one to bring console gamers and PC gamers together. Might not help with the hardcore vs casual BS, but dammit this is a good attempt.

Nintendo shouldn't have a problem with this at all, especially since they don't compete. Valve will directly compete with Durango and Omni. It's a battle of power. If Valve really pulls through with this, Sony and Microsoft are gonna have TWO competitors besides the competition between the both of them. There can only be one winner of innovation, and one winner of power. Or perhaps one can take it all.

2013 is gonna be one HELL of a year for gaming. Two weeks just might be the end of the world because I don't think the gamer scene will be able to take what's to come.

Edited by Press, 09 December 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm on a console diet, Wii U only this gen for me :D

#20 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Looks like i'm going Nintendo/Valve this Generation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!