Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Don't be such jerk about it. I was only asking if it was carbon dating. Seriously.

Your original post gave me the impression you didnt believe dinosaurs and humans lived millions of years apart and that carbon dating is innacurate. Which would be stupid.

I apologise. I didnt mean to cause any offence.

#82 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Your original post gave me the impression you didnt believe dinosaurs and humans lived millions of years apart and that carbon dating is innacurate. Which would be stupid.

I apologise. I didnt mean to cause any offence.

My beliefs should not have an affect on what you say to me anyway. I am a believer of God, but that doesn't mean you should treat me any different. Refer to my original post in this thread.

Posted Image

#83 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

My beliefs should not have an affect on what you say to me anyway. I am a believer of God, but that doesn't mean you should treat me any different. Refer to my original post in this thread.

There is a difference between believing, and ignorance. To say dinosaurs and humans co-existed when there is so much evidence showing they lived millions of years apart is just moronic. I was merely pointing that out in my post.

#84 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

The comment I was commenting on while commenting about your comment. ( :laugh: Funny, something like this occured in the Christianity thread and I face palmed myself for failing to write around circles) :laugh: All I was saying really was based of some of the views people have been posting is aimed in a since as if atheism was a religion & was only stating not just atheist could be anti-theist in terms of where you aim your bullets per se. We are all atheist in a way to, be it you follow one type of god while not viewing the others as true. Then yes I could be included in this said group if I wanted to be on the opposition of you. (Yes, some views or opinions could be viewed as such I guess, but I am not one to go on the rebellion as if you're harmful so their for I am not an anti-theist atheist and only an atheist. (Understood completely and will not refute.) (On that note what do you think all these Christians trying to suppress Muslims are, as their so called beliefs are considered harmful to some Christians). (To suppress or demean anyone is, in fact, against Christian teachings [dispite what most might think; Romans 3:09]. I think critics need to research before criticizing but even more important, I think aggressive Christians need to reevaluate their understanding of their faith because this sort of action is so disgusting of any human being.) http://atheism.about.../AntiTheism.htm

Responses in bold! :3

Edited by Noonabites, 13 December 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#85 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sooooo the YouTube and Reddit communities...?

9/10 atheists, in my experience.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#86 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

POPULAR

Sooooo the YouTube and Reddit communities...?

9/10 atheists, in my experience.

#87 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

are you talking about government monuments and property? if so, i'm curious as to your reasoning why asking for no signs of religion on government property is 'bashing.'

I'm talking about public land Dan, I hear stuff about atheists asking monuments to get taken down all the time one the news, it's really annoying.

But don't religious people protest against evolution being taught in the public school system? I believe not wanting religious symbolism/influences in things like monuments is a rather fair request, seeing as how the United States were formed under secular beliefs.

Evolution should be taught in schools, there is evidence that it exists, both should really just stop complaining, too.

by chance

#88 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I don't follow a religion, But i don't disrespect people who do. Im a firm believer in if im shown respect then i will respect you in an equal way.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#89 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but have any of you read "Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel? I don't want to start any arguments or pressure anyone into converting, but it's a very interesting and informative reading.

#90 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Believing in a god is delusional. It's the simple reality that many refuse to accept.

Some may call the above statement disrespectful to one's beliefs and yet if I legitimately believed in the Force (Star Wars) or that I was a Super Saiyan I'd be called insane and delusional. How is believing in a god any different from this?

People's irrational fear of death and the unknown drives them to be delusional to the extent of believing in mystical beings without any evidence.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#91 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

@CUD hmm evidence you say? That's exactly what the book I mentioned is about.

#92 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm talking about public land Dan, I hear stuff about atheists asking monuments to get taken down all the time one the news, it's really annoying.

Evolution should be taught in schools, there is evidence that it exists, both should really just stop complaining, too.

My point still stands that it is a fair complaint. America was found under secularism, but Christian apologists try all the time to say that it was found under Christianity.

(I'm not talking about the majority of Christians by the way, I am referring to the apologists.)

@CUD hmm evidence you say? That's exactly what the book I mentioned is about.

If you're so confident, then please share some of this evidence.

#93 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

My point still stands that it is a fair complaint. America was found under secularism, but Christian apologists try all the time to say that it was found under Christianity.

(I'm not talking about the majority of Christians by the way, I am referring to the apologists.)

If you're so confident, then please share some of this evidence.

I realize that it is a fair complaint, it'd just be nice if it didn't happen all the time.

by chance

#94 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I realize that it is a fair complaint, it'd just be nice if it didn't happen all the time.

If it's a fair complaint, then why should they stop complaining?

#95 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

If it's a fair complaint, then why should they stop complaining?

It's annoying, and we have freedom of religion, so no one should really be complaining.

by chance

#96 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

It's annoying, and we have freedom of religion, so no one should really be complaining.

We really don't have freedom of religion as it's stated we are. Just take a look at the news: It's littered with propaganda against atheism. this sort of behavior is considered completely okay to most, which is absurd. Kentucky wants to throw atheists in jail for a year if you don't accept god, and then when atheists respond to such ridiculous judgment thy are the ones demonized.

So no, I do not believe such issues should be left alone.

#97 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

We really don't have freedom of religion as it's stated we are. Just take a look at the news: It's littered with propaganda against atheism. this sort of behavior is considered completely okay to most, which is absurd. Kentucky wants to throw atheists in jail for a year if you don't accept god, and then when atheists respond to such ridiculous judgment thy are the ones demonized.

So no, I do not believe such issues should be left alone.

Yes, I remember the link you posted once in a chat.
I didn't think that was even logical though, my atheist cousin acts alright most of the time, but throwing atheists in jail for their views is ridiculous.

by chance

#98 Dan

Dan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Although obviously not the same as reading the book itself, the Wikipedia article on Case for a Creator gives a clear conspectus: it's rubbish. If it contains flawed arguments such as Kalam and has to rely on near-death experiences to uphold its claim, it is not worth reading. I suppose the book also tries to give one or two examples of 'irreducible complexity,' each of which has probably already been dis-proven, sending the apologists scrambling to find another while the table of 'proofs' for God shrinks and shrinks.

Dawkins' The God Delusion is (probably, as I'm posting from conjecture of the former) the better book.

Edited by Dan, 13 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#99 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

OH BOY IT SURE IS TOO BAD THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE OR DISPROVE THAT GOD EXISTS.

I still don't understand why people don't like the values of Christianity though, I mean, isn't it all about being nice to people and charity and the ten commandments and the Golden rule? I mean, if those aren't good things I don't know what are.

I dunno. From Christianity I see hope and love and niceties with a fringe of lunatics, and from atheists, I see this.

[SAME VIDEO AS MOURNS, WOW I DIDNT READ THIS THREAD]

"Oh but that's just a few people on reddit bubgbbnsbsdbnd jbjsd gawd"
Sure it is. Sure. Not like tons of people I know are like this.
Now, I know there are people who respect others within this non-religious group, but I still see a majority being incredibly intolerant and very unhappy people.

Edited by Big Boss, 13 January 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#100 Dan

Dan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hating gays always seemed a noble thing to do, I agree.

Also, I'm glad I was born into a (semi?[Mormon]) Christian home so the ten commandments were just wired into me post religion. It's literally the only thing stopping me from killing everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!