YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...tml?hpt=hp_bn12

Yikes. Every country except South Africa faces alarming obesity rates, 82%. Sometime must be done. We need to encourage people to eat more healthy choices, exercise more, and live a clean life style. It really is truly frightening how high obesity rates are getting, it wasn't like this ten years ago.

Soon we'll live a society where everyone is fat if nothing is done.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

POPULAR

Why is this any of our business. These people make their own choices and they have to live with that. If they want to help themselves they will, there's nothing we can do for them.

Plus on top of that, it's their own prerogative. We shouldn't try to change the way people think or act. It's none of our business.

Edited by Mignaga, 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Why is this any of our business. These people make their own choices and they have to live with that. If they want to help themselves they will, there's nothing we can do for them.

Plus on top of that, it's their own prerogative. We shouldn't try to change the way people think or act. It's none of our business.

^^^Spoken like a true fatty....

I say we get our torches and pitchforks and hunt them like the vermin they are..

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Pfft, obesity and diabetes are just a myth.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

We need to encourage people to eat more healthy choices, exercise more, and live a clean life style. It really is truly frightening how high obesity rates are getting, it wasn't like this ten years ago.

Yeah, lets be like Japan and enforce a weight check and watch the suicide rates pile up because all the people that can't keep a job due to weight. (Unless they slim down from not having money to eat. Guess it is time for some in store grab and roll). (No not the only reason for suicide rates in Japan, but a lot of people have killed themselves over not being able to get a job. http://www.huffingto...-_n_831430.html).

Hard enough to get a job for some people. Why bother wasting the governments time checking peoples weight for a job? I guess we sort of already pay for it, possibly in terms of disability. Yet, why isn't this more of a family thing instead? It is like that lady that would eat five Big Macs a day. Not like McDonalds or any other company forced them to buy their products and eat them. Going to need a membership card to eat fast food now to keep a watch on peoples eating habits? Let the families deal with it or let them deal with it. If anything I guess you could have a sort of rehab similar to drug abuse, but food is not really an addictive substance unless it has had something in it. Not like people are killing each other for five extra cheese burgers. (Just saying it is not like crack or something).

Edited by UnholyVision, 17 December 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#6 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Edited by WoIf, 24 March 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

People can make thier own choices, if they wanna give themselves a heart attack ther eis only one person they can blame, themseleves.

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

These people need to buy Wii Fit U when it comes out.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

You only have one life. Why bother spending it obsessing over your health?

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

No it's not, billions of people suffer from starvation, obesity will never reach that number. Although I hate when obese people who have no health issues like thyroid problems, say its hereditary, IDC if its hereditary because most of the time they say that and then they are the ones who order two lunches everyday, eat at MickeyD's every night, and never EXCERSIZE!!! Hereditary MY BUTT! And then they make fun of me for being a skinny kid and they can kick my butt, and I always reply " I'll make sure not to come to your funeral in 30 years". I am not just hereditarily skinny, I chose not to eat fast food, not to eat a dozen Cmas cookies, to eat wheat bread instead of white, and all I have for lunch is a PBJ sandwich with a water, oh yeah, I only drink water and milk as well. I also run 5-10 miles everyday, so being healthy is hard but I'm gonna live longer so HA to unhealthy people.
(Srry, gotta little off topic there)

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

You only have one life. Why bother spending it obsessing over your health?

I assume you fit into the obese category from that statement, not trying to be insulting just making an observation. Seems like a weak justification for a poor lifestyle.

It seems to make more sense with the opposite implications, that is: You only have one life. Why bother spending it being an obese, unhealthy person who could have a heart attack at any moment and is too fat to fit in seats designed for humans?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

If you really cared about someone you wouldn't just sit their idled as they eat themselves to death, last year I weighed 116.5kg (256.3 pounds) as a SIXTEEN year old kid, all I needed was a bit of family motivation and a healthy diet and I was on my way to losing it, I'm now down to 79kg (173 pounds) and still working on it. Honestly, if anyone here is thinking about losing weight, do it, it's hard at first but within the second month or so it becomes second nature, you'll find it so much easier not to give into temptations and the rewards are to satisfying, it's scary to think that not too long ago I couldn't get off the couch without my heart racing, I feel I would have surely died within a few years.

congradultaions man, my dad just lost 80 pounds because every pound we(as in my family). Cheered him on. He said the exact same thing you did!

Edited by KillerMario, 18 December 2012 - 03:32 AM.

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

I assume you fit into the obese category from that statement, not trying to be insulting just making an observation. Seems like a weak justification for a poor lifestyle.

It seems to make more sense with the opposite implications, that is: You only have one life. Why bother spending it being an obese, unhealthy person who could have a heart attack at any moment and is too fat to fit in seats designed for humans?

No I am not obese. Do not make assumptions.

Like Mig said, it is up to the individual to make these decisions. If they want to live their life that way and if they are happy then let them, it is no ones concern but their own. This is just like people who drink, and smoke and take drugs. If they want to live that way then let them, if they dont see it as an issue then it shouldnt be an issue for anyone else.

Also, if i was obese then i would try my best to lose weight, because i dont think i would be happy living like that. But like i said it is up to the individual to make that decision, not you, or the government or anyone else. We'll end up living in a dictatorship if we start controlling everyones life choices.

Edited by Hunter, 18 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Like Mig said, it is up to the individual to make these decisions. If they want to live their life that way and if they are happy then let them, it is no ones concern but their own. This is just like people who drink, and smoke and take drugs. If they want to live that way then let them, if they dont see it as an issue then it shouldnt be an issue for anyone else.

If you're not obses, do you 'obsess over your health'? (As you put living a healthy lifestyle in your previous post).

This isn't really the individual's issue but an issue of society. I disagree with your attitude towards drugs also, let's just legalise all drugs and if people want to do heroin or cocaine it's their decision, right? As I said, this is a concern for society as a whole. People don't know what's good for them and will get caught in bad habits quite easily, I don't think it's as much that these people choose to be unhealthy as it is that they become unhealthy through the convenience of fast food and how much easier it is to live unhealthily in general.

These people not only affect their own health but the health of their children, they pass on their bad lifestyle onto their sons and daughters making it harder for them to live a healthy life. The only thing this is going to result in is a decrease of the average life expectancy and a society that has to accommodate for these people who are categorised as 'disabled' for their poor lifestyle choices.

As long as these people are happy let them pass on their disgusting habits onto the next generation whether they like it or not?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Also, if i was obese then i would try my best to lose weight, because i dont think i would be happy living like that. But like i said it is up to the individual to make that decision, not you, or the government or anyone else. We'll end up living in a dictatorship if we start controlling everyones life choices.

umm, sure lets let people drink all they want and then do all the drugs like heroine and cocaine and meth, and then they make terrible decisions that end up not only hurting themselves but also other innocent people that never did wrong. People with families and children and friends that love them, who will mourne for the rest of their life at the untimely death of that person. STOP BEING SO SELFISH AND THINK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! Your right that it is up to the obese person to obese or not, depending on what they want, BUT it is a dumb decision because they are going to die much younger and not live a full life, despite what they think.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

If you're not obsese, do you 'obsess over your health'? (As you put living a healthy lifestyle in your previous post).

No. I am not obese because I do not enjoy eating unhealthy food all the time. Some people do enjoy that though.

BUT it is a dumb decision because they are going to die much younger and not live a full life, despite what they think.

Who are you to decide what is a "dumb" decision or not?

Im not going to get sucked into a debate here, I can totally see your point CUD. I just dont care whether other people are obese, take drugs, or drink lots of alcohol, because it is the lifestyle they have chosen and I dont think anyone (including "society") should make decisions for other people unless that person asks for help.

Also, i meant recreational use of drugs, not addictions. An addiction is a different thing altogether.

#17 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

I think he's just telling us what he's learned....it doesnt mean any of us need to do anything
  • CNR likes this

wjapt2.jpg

#18 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

No it's not, billions of people suffer from starvation, obesity will never reach that number. Although I hate when obese people who have no health issues like thyroid problems, say its hereditary,

I also run 5-10 miles everyday, so being healthy is hard but I'm gonna live longer so HA to unhealthy people.

I have hypothyroidism and I am not jumbo sized. I take my 75mg pills and it keeps all those evil hormones at bay from entering my neck. Meaning, yeah that crap can be contained with medication. It does get kind of old hearing that crap as a scape goat.

Funny thing is you could crock quicker than a 1000 pound person. Does not matter how much you exercise, eat, or et cetera. Heck one of the oldest living men in the world eat nothing but fatty bacon and other greasy foods every day to live to 102 year old (I believe it was).

let's just legalise all drugs and if people want to do heroin or cocaine it's their decision, right?

I know this is sort of off topic. Though I sort of wish things like weed was legal every where. Not in the terms of usage for myself, but the fact in some countries the fact it was legal people have not even created super harder drugs or use them. Personally, I dislike drugs or substances as I do not even drink alcoholic beverages by choice. Though kind of sad where some of these drugs lead people. Only to really have a stupid 12 step program system presented to them as an option to get off said drugs. We all know how that turns out. (roll eyes)

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

I think he's just telling us what he's learned....it doesnt mean any of us need to do anything

Did you even read the OP? He said something needs to be done, which is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Did you even read the OP? He said something needs to be done, which is true.

well ya but honestly we are powerless
  • CNR likes this

wjapt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!