Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

- The ultimate game console. The new Apple TV will be a direct assault on the game console industry, with a living room platform that should leave Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony running scared. With a single launch, Apple will extend the iOS gaming distribution ecosystem into the living room and invent new categories of gaming through the interaction of iOS devices with Apple TV

http://allthingsd.co...is-my-apple-tv/

Very interesting. It should be interesting to see how the next generation heats up. Valve and Apple are definitely going to have their "presence' known, that's for sure.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I think Valve will have an impact on the next Playstation and Xbox. Apple TV could be something along the lines of the Ouya if they choose to enter gaming seriously. Wii U will probably be something in the middle depending on how everything goes. Can't wait for E3 2013!

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Before the inevitable "APLE SUX AND IOS ISNT A GAME SYTEM" post, I just want to say this. Only positive comes out of things like this. New styles of play, and different ideas are something that the industry needs right now. Even if it does take a slice of the pie away from Nintendo, it's only going to cause them to start making better, more innovative games in order to try to get that bit of the market back. It's a great thing to have competition.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

OH GOD NO I DON'T WANT APPLE INVADING THE LIVING ROOM TOO!!!!!!!!

#5 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Apple ftw ! =)

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

I don't really like Apple. They will never please us hardcore gamers.
No sig.

#7 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hmmm the next generation will be interesting but either way this will probably not appeal to anyone that actually knows a thing or two about PC/console games but i could be wrong about that.

Edited by Oblivion Comet, 19 December 2012 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

its all getting beond a joke! i remember there was 2 consoles out, nintendo or sega!, bring back those days. You also had a choice of SET computers like commador 64, spectrum, bbc, atart st, amiga.

I had a nintendo for my console and an atati st , did get some of the others for a short while just to play the likes of alex the kid etc but then flogged em and kept my core systems the nintendo and atari st, but now its getting to complicated.

you have xbox, playstation, nintendo, valve, apple to choose from for consoles, and many many different configerations of a pc and the same with a mac. anyways ill stick with nintendo like ive always done, currently have a pc, ill stick with that to, sod the rest.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

If it's so ultimate, can you play Nintendo games on it?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

If I had a penny for every time I've heard someone say that Apple was going to so much as seriously enter, much less dominate, the home console market, I'd be a freaking billionaire. I'll believe it when I see it.
Posted Image

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Before the inevitable "APLE SUX AND IOS ISNT A GAME SYTEM" post, I just want to say this. Only positive comes out of things like this. New styles of play, and different ideas are something that the industry needs right now. Even if it does take a slice of the pie away from Nintendo, it's only going to cause them to start making better, more innovative games in order to try to get that bit of the market back. It's a great thing to have competition.

APPLE SUX AND IOS ISN'T A GAMING SYSTEM!!! Trollololol.
But I'm not actually kidding either, or am I? IOS is for bored people waiting for a train, others are for people who actually no stuff about games!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

It would be cool if I could play TWEWY Solo Remix on my television.

And then I don't have to buy the overpriced Angry Birds Trilogy. c:

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Was the guy from Flash on drugs? I really want to know.

And BTW Apple is always overpriced so if they ever made a real game console it would probably be way to expensive and not worth the purchase.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

APPLE SUX AND IOS ISN'T A GAMING SYSTEM!!! Trollololol.
But I'm not actually kidding either, or am I? IOS is for bored people waiting for a train, others are for people who actually no stuff about games!

Not anymore. Theres tons of IOS games that have a story now.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Not anymore. Theres tons of IOS games that have a story now.

IOS games usually suck IMO. never saw a ground breaking one ever.

Signature_DK.png

#16 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

iOS got many great games!

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Summary of this thread: Flash creator who probably doesn't know anything about gaming calls Apple TV ULTIMATE game system.

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

IOS gaming will never be near as good as console gaming. Anyone that thinks the OUYA will be the next big console is mistaken IMO.

Signature_DK.png

#19 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

IOS apps were never really intended to be full blown games (not counting remakes), the best experiences come out of games that are meant to be bite sized like "Jetpack joyride" by Halfbrick. Im not saying that they are bad by any standards, im just saying that IOS apps are not something you would want to really settle down on the couch and play 4 hours straight on the tv.

Also OUYA won't be a failed concept, it will just have a different audience. I don't expect it to sell like hotcakes, but it definitely won't fail.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!