#1 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

So i FINALLY got my Wii AV cable in the mail. I connected my wii u to the TV and...

The ON light started blinking blue, and the TV showed black. The gamepad told me to sync wii u and tv, but that did nothing.

So then i learned that my wii u is broken. I've been waiting for it since launch day

Edited by CookieEpic, 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM.

86c.gif

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

So i FINALLY got my SDTV cable in the mail. I connected my wii u to the TV and...

The ON light started blinking blue, and the TV showed black. The gamepad told me to sync wii u and tv, but that did nothing.

So then I learned that my wii u is broken. I've been waiting for it since launch day

Sorry to hear that
Yeah, Its dead. I had the exact same problem, There's no way to fix it, and I had to return it. Similar to the Red ring of death I suppose. Its being reported Quite allot with early batch systems. Are you able to get a replacement?

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Go return it! That's the best thing to do.

Are you using component cables? Those are needed for an SDTV, you can't use the HDMI.

Edited by Blake, 09 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

OH GOD That's not a problem damnit!

At least I don't think it is. Have you tried the TV settings in the Wii U's System Settings, because the Wii U requires you to manually select HDMI/Non-HDMI settings on the Wii U, it won't automatically detect and display both. By default, the Wii U seems to pick HDMI.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

So i FINALLY got my SDTV cable in the mail. I connected my wii u to the TV and...

So then i learned that my wii u is broken. I've been waiting for it since launch day

blinking blue on the upad just means you need to sync, on the console it could be an error message, but I dunno which you mean.
Do you know anyone with an hdtv? or a wii?
To sync the upad you need to enter in some poker symbols which would be displayed on the tv.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

So i called nintendo, and we're going to mail it in for repairs.

86c.gif

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Sorry for your loss dude, R.I.P Wii U, you died too young :'(

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Welcome to the console version of beta testing. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad mine hasn't turned out bad... I'm also hoping it stays that way.

Posted Image

#9 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Sorry to hear that bro. But dont worry Nintendo should be really quick in fixing your wii u and returning it to u.

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

why send it for repair and not return in to the store and get a new one!! You have rights as a customer... The first 7 days of purchase, you can return it to the store and get ur money back or a replacement.

ps: You people must learn your rights as a customer, before you buy stuff.

Edited by Orion, 10 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Go return it! That's the best thing to do.
Are you using component cables? Those are needed for an SDTV, you can't use the HDMI.

Not strictly true. Most SD TV's do not support component and only support composite, S-Video and in the EU SCART.

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

It's only a matter of time before you'll be able to play the Wii U. Sorry for hearing that bro.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, blue light of death, BLOD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!