Photo

Welcoming Committee - Now taking applications for new Guides!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#41 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

It's called boredom, feld0. :P Thanks for making me guide, anyways! Truly appreciate it.

#42 Funtendo Zii

Funtendo Zii

It´s a me, Mario !

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hello !

Funtendo Zii here, would like to be a Guide, because had a bad experience from the 3DS Forums, I made a long Introduction of me, talking about my Nintendo systems and games,... but sadly, that post got DELETED :( that´s one reason I didn´t made a long introduction of myself on this Wii U forum.
I would like to make other newcomer Goombas feel Welcome to this community. There are also two down-sides on my apply, 1) I´m not so good and not so bad on English 2) School starts soon and I may not make it everyday to this forum.

Still would like to help on this job, Welcoming (I don´t know is this a word) others and also inviting friends and co-nintendolovers to these forums.

Funtendo Zii

#43 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

I would like to say there should be something that tracks if there's any guides not doing their duty. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Link, 27 October 2011 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#44 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

I would like to say there should be something that tracks if there's any guides not doing their duty. Just a suggestion.

I don't mean to be rude but, don't you realize that Feld0 knows what he's doing? He goes over everything to see if everyone is doing their job, simple as that.

#45 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hello !

Funtendo Zii here, would like to be a Guide, because had a bad experience from the 3DS Forums, I made a long Introduction of me, talking about my Nintendo systems and games,... but sadly, that post got DELETED :( that´s one reason I didn´t made a long introduction of myself on this Wii U forum.
I would like to make other newcomer Goombas feel Welcome to this community. There are also two down-sides on my apply, 1) I´m not so good and not so bad on English 2) School starts soon and I may not make it everyday to this forum.

Still would like to help on this job, Welcoming (I don´t know is this a word) others and also inviting friends and co-nintendolovers to these forums.

Funtendo Zii

I'm happy to make you a Guide, Funtendo Zii. People who have had bad experiences with intro threads in the past, I find, tend to make for some of the finest Guides. Why on earth, though, would your intro post get deleted? :blink: I can understand not really being paid attention to, but outright removed?

Good English skills aren't critical for being a Guide. It's important that your posts are readable and understandable, which they are, but the real point of being a Guide is to create posts with your heart in them. Also, as a Guide, you are also a mentor on the forums, and are expected to be familiar with IP.Board's interface as well as the meaning behind the rules. You may find the help system useful for the former, and the other Guides would be able to help you out with the latter.

If you are unable to make it online regularly during school, it's okay as long as you still manage to welcome any new members within a reasonable length of time (1-3 days, generally). If you are no longer able to commit to the position, I kindly ask that you tell me to remove you from the group, or I'll eventually force you out of it after long enough (it's just standard protocol).

I don't mean to be rude but, don't you realize that Feld0 knows what he's doing? He goes over everything to see if everyone is doing their job, simple as that.

I personally monitor the Guides to ensure that they are doing their job. When one of them slacks off or disappears from the forum, I try to regain communication with them. If that proves unsuccessful, I remove them from the group. I've had to do this a couple of times already. You don't really need to worry about it.

#46 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Being a guide could be fun, I'll apply. :)

First, let me butter you up. ;) This is a fantastic idea and will really help set a good atmosphere of the forum.

Honestly, I haven't been introducing users to the forums. (I've really only been visiting to chat to some users). But I would really like to see this forum flourish and grow. As a Guide I would promise to greet and welcome most, if not all users who are new to the forums.

I wield the element of kindness.

Here is a picture of Twilight:
Posted Image

Hello !

Funtendo Zii

Sent you a PM.

Edited by Kurtiss, 25 August 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#47 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

It makes me very happy to see the revival of interest in the Guide position. I'm almost starting to wonder if people are applying for it as a ploy to change their user titles, remove ads, and get 500 PM inboxes. :P

Being a guide could be fun, I'll apply. :)

First, let me butter you up. ;) This is a fantastic idea and will really help set a good atmosphere of the forum.

Honestly, I haven't been introducing users to the forums. (I've really only been visiting to chat to some users). But I would really like to see this forum flourish and grow. As a Guide I would promise to greet and welcome most, if not all users who are new to the forums.

I wield the element of kindness.

Here is a picture of Twilight:
Posted Image

If your intent was to "butter me up" (love how you put that), you've most certainly succeeded, Kurt. It makes me very happy to see the active admin of 3DS Forums wanting to contribute to the Wii U Forums community as a Guide - you sure you'll have time for it?

Regardless, it looks like you've thought it through, and it's great to have you on the welcoming crew. Enjoy the bigger PM box and all the other perks of Guidesmanship, but be sure to stick to your promise. :)

The element of kindness is the one you'll want to wield when welcoming new members, though a picture of Fluttershy would be more appropriate than Twilight Sparkle. Then again, you've already got two Fluttershys attached to every single post you make, anyway. :P

Oh yeah, by the way Kurtiss, you're not planning to copy my Guides idea on 3DS Forums, are you? :P

#48 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Oh yeah, by the way Kurtiss, you're not planning to copy my Guides idea on 3DS Forums, are you? :P

I was going to send you an email asking for permission. :) ♥ The introduction section on the 3dsforums is very lacking, I notice a lot of new users don't really stay and I think it's because nobody is there to welcome them.

#49 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

After being informed of this position, I thought it to be a pretty good idea. Making members feel welcome will add more fellowship to the forums, and increase the amount of members here. Not to mention the influx of activity that will ensue. I'd like to do this, because I'd love to make many new friends here, and make them all feel welcome. I feel that I can make the commitment, and perform my job adequately. I would appreciate being considered for the position.

So sorry I missed your application, Paper Isam. I don't know why I've been losing track of them lately.

Anyway, thanks very much for applying. You're part of the group now.

I was going to send you an email asking for permission. :) ♥ The introduction section on the 3dsforums is very lacking, I notice a lot of new users don't really stay and I think it's because nobody is there to welcome them.

Check your private messages. ;)

#50 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

So sorry I missed your application, Paper Isam. I don't know why I've been losing track of them lately.

Anyway, thanks very much for applying. You're part of the group now.

Check your private messages. ;)

Awww... it's nice to see Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy getting along so well :wub: :wub: :wub:

Anyways, I think this "guide" thing was a reallygood idea, Feld0!

#51 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

Seems like this has been going well. Good job Feld0! Warm Welcomes = more happy users :)

#52 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Why not? I've greeted one or two people in the past even without being a guide, so doing it a bit more often won't hurt. I'm on here multiple times every day, so I'll definitely be able to keep up with my duties. Sign me up.
Posted Image

#53 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Why not? I've greeted one or two people in the past even without being a guide, so doing it a bit more often won't hurt. I'm on here multiple times every day, so I'll definitely be able to keep up with my duties. Sign me up.

Sounds awesome, Andy! You're in!

#54 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Sounds awesome, Andy! You're in!

Thanks Feld0:D

I think another requirement for Guides should be saying happy birthday to people. I know it feels nice when people tell me happy birthday, and isn't the point of this program to help members feel more at home on the site.
Posted Image

#55 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

I think another requirement for Guides should be saying happy birthday to people. I know it feels nice when people tell me happy birthday, and isn't the point of this program to help members feel more at home on the site.

I disagree, then you'd just have guides saying happy birthday to you then you'd never know which ones actually wanted to say happy birthday and who is saying it because they're a guide (Well, that's how I'd feel anyway.)
Saying happy birthday should be a personal thing, not a requirement.

Edited by Makar, 11 September 2011 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

Thanks Feld0:D

Eh... no. Wishing someone a happy birthday should always be something you do out of your own accord, and not because your position on the forum requires you to. Makar said it best.

I disagree, then you'd just have guides saying happy birthday to you then you'd never know which ones actually wanted to say happy birthday and who is saying it because they're a guide (Well, that's how I'd feel anyway.)

Everyone is free to wish anyone a happy birthday, but no one is nor will ever be required to do it.

#57 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Feld0 I guess I could become a guide I have been greeting members all the time plus Im pretty loyal to this site and there rules so can you sign me up please if you do thank you very much :).
Posted Image

#58 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

Maybe one day I'll apply, when I'm not so new and I know the forum and it's members better. It's an awesome system though.
Posted Image

#59 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

That's a good point.
Posted Image

#60 Makar

Makar

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

I've sort of, reconsidered my stance a little. I'd love to be a guide!
I greet people anyway and I find it awesome when they reply, finding out a little bit more about them before they even start posting, it's pretty cool just to interact with new members in a non-formal way, and that's why I'd like to be a guide!

(I'd obviously do the requirements of reminding them of the rules etc..)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!