Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Will the Wii U succeed? Will Nintendo be drowned out by tablet devices? Company president Satoru Iwata recently spoke to Japanese newspaper Nikkei on the current situation for the company's latest home console.
Iwata started by comparing the Wii U's concept to that of the original DS, reminiscing about a time where "when the PSP released, no-one thought that the DS would succeed." It took specific software to lift the console off the ground and cement it as the portable to get.
The Wii was a far simpler job to get across to seasoned gamers and casuals - "one that could be understood immediately". The console brought families together to play in the living room, instead of perhaps isolated in a separate kids room for example.

I am still thinking about increasing the gaming population, and it's something I'd like to spend my whole life doing.

With TV lifecycles increasing, Nintendo wanted to create a console that compliments the living room instead of causing this battle. The company began talking about another screen around 2008, but ended up eclipsed by the launch of the tablet boom a year later.

Even though we'd been working on dual screens prior to the release of tablets, it looked like we were just following a trend.

Iwata moved onto Miiverse and social gaming, and how Nintendo were told that "trying to make a social network now was a fool's errand", and why the company wouldn't just bolt on Facebook or Twitter. Reason being is that Miiverse is purely game-related, and specific to each title that users are playing - accessible from within each game - "we had to integrate it into our platform, and support it as a unified service".
Whilst there isn't an immediate timeframe for Miiverse on other devices like smartphones and tablets, Iwata did say "it won't be far away".

I couldn't tell my high school buddies that I had got a high score in Mario Kart. (Laughs).

Games shouldn't just be about the time you spend with a console, but also telling people that you passed something, or that you found a neat trick is interesting. If I were to put a name on it, it would be empathy.

He also acknowledged the system menu performance issues once again, reaffirming that Nintendo are aiming to improve the speed with starting up the console and shifting between menus.
Wrapping up his thoughts on Wii U and the future for Nintendo, Iwata described the company's longstanding philosophy - it's all about the smiles.

We aim to leave a smile on our customer's faces, no matter whether it's the game being interesting, a parent and child talking about gaming, or a grandfather being able to remain cheerful. Because it's worth doing, our staff can smile too. If our performance rises, so too our investors smile. If this chain is successful, Nintendo can be something worth keeping and continuing, and we can fulfill our responsibility to society.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/17891/1/iwata-talks-wii-u-performance-and-miiverse.html

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Tablet gaming will never kill consoles. Lets make this simple.....TABLETS SUCK!!!!

Signature_DK.png

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tablet gaming will never kill consoles. Lets make this simple.....TABLETS SUCK!!!!

Stop being so biased.

Edited by Zinix, 15 January 2013 - 03:30 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

OMG Zinix! Why are you being so hateful latley?

Signature_DK.png

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

VEGETABLES SUCK! FRUITS ARE BETTER!
See, I can also say things that don't have to do with the topic.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm not being hateful.

It's just not constructive to come into to a topic and say what you said.

#7 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

While i have a tablet and smartphone etc. I very very rarely use them for gaming. Just doesn't feel right to me. Its not the games that dont feel right its just the device im playing on.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Absolute rubbish. Tablets don't suck. They're just not good for gaming. For everything else they're far better then consoles.

#9 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

You know, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and I love it. It's great for going on things, like, say, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc., but also for games that you can only play on tablets. It will never replace my 3DS or Wii U, but it still is great fun. You can't just scream "TABLETS SUCK!!!!" on a forum. I know it's an opinion, but still, it's not right to insult anyone who uses a tablet.

Anyways, I like the news of Miiverse coming to smartphones. That's good.

#10 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Absolute rubbish. Tablets don't suck. They're just not good for gaming. For everything else they're far better then consoles.

I'll expand on this a little. I think tablets aren't the best avenue for "hardcore" gaming. I think gaming on tablets and/or smart phones is just fine if you're into the whole idea of a mobile experience where you can just pick up and play something "mindless" for a few minutes at a time. I think the touch-screen-only interface really hinders the gaming experience unless you buy some other peripheral, but that defeats the purpose of having the tablet/phone in my opinion. I do not think that gaming on a tablet/smart phone will ever be a substitute for gaming on a DS/3DS/Vita, etc, BUT I don't think that these devices are terrible either. You could also make counter arguments like: cameras on handheld consoles suck, the Internet experience is nowhere near what it's like on many modern smart phones/tablets, what about media playback and streaming services? Does that mean handheld consoles suck?

#11 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

You are exactly right....Mobile gaming is ass

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

mobils work fine for other stuff.

the tablet just seemed stupid to me. a phone can do all the same, you cant use it as that, so it has no other real purpose except a easier time doing the random stuff. for games tablets are very bad.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

You are exactly right....Mobile gaming is ass

Finally someone agrees.

Signature_DK.png

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

This is the second part of a Nikkei Nintenndo article. The first one is what journalists should have been paying attention to.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I played The Walking Dead on my Iphone. That was good.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

I hate playing games on tablets.....

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

The controls on tablets are never any good, because of the lack of... Buttons that you kind of need for gaming.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!