• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#141 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Speaking about the Wii U tablet controler, can it play all games on it exclusively without the TV?
Live in a small apartment with only 1 TV and my GF hates when I tie up the TV just to game.

#142 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Speaking about the Wii U tablet controler, can it play all games on it exclusively without the TV?
Live in a small apartment with only 1 TV and my GF hates when I tie up the TV just to game.

Unfortunately not, some will and on the box it will have "off tv play".

Posted Image

#143 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well that sort of suck's .Contrary to what Nintendo has been presenting,so not all Wii U games will be able to be played television-free using the GamePad’s screen?My impression was that Nintendo made it seem like all Wii U games will allow you to play without a TV, streaming the image to the tablet’s screen while another can enjoy watching television.  I will admit I don't know much about the Wii U but that is a bummer. More than likely it's not for me after hearing that which is a shame.

#144 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well that sort of suck's .Contrary to what Nintendo has been presenting,so not all Wii U games will be able to be played television-free using the GamePad’s screen?My impression was that Nintendo made it seem like all Wii U games will allow you to play without a TV, streaming the image to the tablet’s screen while another can enjoy watching television.  I will admit I don't know much about the Wii U but that is a bummer. More than likely it's not for me after hearing that which is a shame.

I'm sure many will that don't have intensive pad features. Such as smbm and probably COD. Though everything else can probably be streamed if its non game

Edited by Link707, 06 July 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#145 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

I was also under the impression all games could switch from TVs to controller as it is a system feature and not a game feature
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#146 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Depends on the game play. I can't imagine how a game like ZombiU would work if you have it completely on the one screen. Since a lot of the menu based stuff is happening in real time to the environment of the game, it's more of a disadvantage than anything.

I don't know how people began to imagine that the Wii U titles would all be playable on a gamepad only setting.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#147 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Depends on the game play. I can't imagine how a game like ZombiU would work if you have it completely on the one screen. Since a lot of the menu based stuff is happening in real time to the environment of the game, it's more of a disadvantage than anything.

I don't know how people began to imagine that the Wii U titles would all be playable on a gamepad only setting.

When you put it that way, it makes sense...I was just thinking back to when it was announced and they were pretty vague in just saying "games" not "all games"
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#148 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I just want to be able to play my third party sports games on the controller with out tying up the TV just to play, and when it's at night when my families watching TV and I want to play a game.

#149 samus

samus

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

all i know is that it better be cheap

#150 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

all i know is that it better be cheap

Why? I think it should be reasonable, not cheap.

#151 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Mine just hates when I game

#152 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have a wife. Talk about a battle.

#153 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

True true. However my gf does play Mario games though but only Mario

#154 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

I don't think the controller will be able to support all games, but I can see it supporting many titles that are both gamepad and pro controller friendly. Is Zombie U pro controller friendly?

#155 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone know if the Wii U will support 3D? I'd like to get Black Ops 2 for the Wii U, but if it's going to be available on PS3 in 3D and not on Wii U then I'm on the fence.

#156 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone know if the Wii U will support 3D? I'd like to get Black Ops 2 for the Wii U, but if it's going to be available on PS3 in 3D and not on Wii U then I'm on the fence.

Iwata said last year that the Wii U will support 3D, however whether or not Blops 2 on Wii U will support 3D is up to Treyarch.
Posted Image

#157 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Thanks, hopefully they'll let us know soon. Guess I'll wait to pre-order until I know for sure. Maybe I'll call Activision :)

#158 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know if they'll be some sort of "gamepad" symbol on the games in which support gamepad play?

#159 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone know if they'll be some sort of "gamepad" symbol on the games in which support gamepad play?

Now that sounds like a great idea.
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#160 Xzbeat

Xzbeat

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm sure they'll have a symbol somewhere. I like the idea of playing games fully on the gamepad or the TV - gives more options for play that way
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!