• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I see what you're getting at now Dude, I've been playing through Skyward Sword with these settings and everything looks awesome. My little lad is also playing it on the actual Wii at the same time, the graphical smoothing of the pixels makes it look so much better than standard. It's a shame Nintendo couldn't incorporate these settings for the Wii backward compatibility as it brings the whole Wii library a new lease of life. Metroid Prime looks awesome :-)

Yeah, increases in image quality are nice. But it really speaks volumes about how much visual leaps have decreased in recent generations, when something like iq is what is brought up 99% of the time.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#142 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Like this?

Posted Image

Like said by 3Dude, it's just better resolution (still nothing spectacular for me cause I don't have a HD screen), but the same graphics (even thought they're still good).
No sig.

#143 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Honestly I'd re-buy every Zelda game in HD like Wind Waker

I hope to see possibly
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Majora's Mask HD
  • Ocarina of Time HD
  • Wind Waker HD :wub:
  • Twilight Princess HD

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#144 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Honestly not impressed. WAY too much bloom, thought we left this nonsense back in 2007?

Syndacite says hello, in fact without modding it the bloom is so overpowering in sp it hurt my eyes.

#145 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Syndacite says hello, in fact without modding it the bloom is so overpowering in sp it hurt my eyes.

Nintendo:
What was that? You guys want MORE bloom? Well... we thought it was a little much, but if you guys insist.....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#146 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Nintendo:
What was that? You guys want MORE bloom? Well... we thought it was a little much, but if you guys insist.....

NNNNOOOOOOOO.

#147 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Honestly I'd re-buy every Zelda game in HD like Wind Waker

I hope to see possibly

• Skyward Sword HD
  • Majora's Mask HD
  • Ocarina of Time HD
  • Wind Waker HD :wub:
  • Twilight Princess HD

I think a Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess should be released as an HD double pack sometime in the next year or two.

#148 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think a Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess should be released as an HD double pack sometime in the next year or two.

That would be F'ing amazing!

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#149 villagepeople

villagepeople

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

This game is awesome. I remember that I didn't want to play it because Link was cartoon looking, but after playing it, I realized that it was one of the best Zelda games that I've played (I have played all Zelda games). So give it a try when it is released! I am sure you won't regret! :) I hope it won't cost $60 though.

#150 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Can't wait, sooooo excited for this.
Character models look great, although it does look like they toned down the cel-shading... Kinda sad, but I'm in it for the gameplay.

#151 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

for Wind Waker HD, I am actually most excited to see the water physics. Given that this game is ....practically BASED on the ocean, I expect to see a dramatic change that is welcomed. If they make sailing ALL the more eye catching, with better splash mechanics and waves...man...I will want to do nothing else but sail around for hours.

#152 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

It's kind of sad. I'm more excited for this than anything else on any system.

#153 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

It's kind of sad. I'm more excited for this than anything else on any system.

LOL

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#154 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

for Wind Waker HD, I am actually most excited to see the water physics. Given that this game is ....practically BASED on the ocean, I expect to see a dramatic change that is welcomed. If they make sailing ALL the more eye catching, with better splash mechanics and waves...man...I will want to do nothing else but sail around for hours.

I suspect you are going to be heavily dissapointed. Realistic water physics Just doesnt seem like a point to focus on, despite the game basically being waterworld.... Because of the non realistic art direction. It will be a representation of water, rather than a simulation of it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#155 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

The game has new lighting and textures, but it doesn't appear they are going out of their way to blow anyone away in the texture dept.
The geometry has been updated quite a bit in the released screens as well but again, nothing that pushes the gpu by any stretch.

Looking forward to this.
I do get concerned also about the update losing its old school Disneyesque cartoon look. I think of the secret of nihm

The game has new lighting and textures, but it doesn't appear they are going out of their way to blow anyone away in the texture dept.
The geometry has been updated quite a bit in the released screens as well but again, nothing that pushes the gpu by any stretch.

Looking forward to this.
I do get concerned also about the update losing its old school Disneyesque cartoon look. I think of the secret of nihm, the black cauldron, etc. cartoons many people have never heard of. To me, that was the magic of WW as it brought this whole new feel to games and seemed like something that couldn't be done on any hardware of the time while in motion. But there it was...
I hOpe they don't lose that feel while enhancing the visuals. It's like going from old Disneyesque cartoons to the new cgi iron man/spiderman "cartoons." still cool, but loses that special touch.

#156 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I guess this will be a pretty successful game for Nintendo. Im glad because it means we may see other HD re-releases in the future. Some HD Wii/Gamecube games would certainly fill the gaps between exciting new releases of Nintendo games.

#157 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I suspect you are going to be heavily dissapointed. Realistic water physics Just doesnt seem like a point to focus on, despite the game basically being waterworld.... Because of the non realistic art direction. It will be a representation of water, rather than a simulation of it.

It will still be somewhat different because the art style has changed. As the game wont really be cell shaded anymore, the water will have to work differently to blend in well with said art style. Otherwise it wont look right. So while it may not be a dramatic or "realistic" difference, it will still be noticeable. I also disagree on the idea that water physics is not something to focus on given the waterscape. That sounds entirely backwards. If your game is majorly based on water and sailing (and it is) then that should be a major focus. It just makes sense. Not to mention that this will be on an HD platform that is capable of so much more than the Gamecube. It is a golden opportunity to show off what it can do, for a Zelda title no less. It is their responsibility to make Zelda titles impressive to its fanbase. Even if it is a remake.

But, that is just my opinion.

Edited by DragonChi, 17 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#158 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

It will still be somewhat different because the art style has changed. As the game wont really be cell shaded anymore, the water will have to work differently to blend in well with said art style. Otherwise it wont look right. So while it may not be a dramatic or "realistic" difference, it will still be noticeable. I also disagree on the idea that water physics is not something to focus on given the waterscape. That sounds entirely backwards. If your game is majorly based on water and sailing (and it is) then that should be a major focus. It just makes sense. Not to mention that this will be on an HD platform that is capable of so much more than the Gamecube. It is a golden opportunity to show off what it can do, for a Zelda title no less. It is their responsibility to make Zelda titles impressive to its fanbase. Even if it is a remake.
But, that is just my opinion.

not because of the given waterscape, despite it. Complete opposites dude.

despite: in spite of; undeterred by

The non realistic art direction was a stronger influence than the nature of water. Thus the focus on water was on making an artistic representation of water, and not a realistic simulation.

Just because the screens dont appear to be cell shaded doesnt mean the games any closer to being a realistic art direction. Its not, and you can already tell from the screens the water behavior isnt going to change drastically. Its drawn like, and will behave like, cartoon water.

Actually, it really looks like the geometry itself has been almost completely untouched in these screens.

Edited by 3Dude, 17 February 2013 - 04:54 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#159 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Perhaps I have just been using the wrong words. I am not expecting anything "realistic" per se. As this game is not meant to be like that. That is understood. It is meant to be an interactive cartoon. I just meant to say that given the new face lift in textures and style. There still could be some added affects to the water (while still acting cartoon-like) but having a little more oomph like everything else is getting. Know what I mean. They can still change the splash affects to make the water look a little more 'alive'.

#160 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Perhaps I have just been using the wrong words. I am not expecting anything "realistic" per se. As this game is not meant to be like that. That is understood. It is meant to be an interactive cartoon. I just meant to say that given the new face lift in textures and style. There still could be some added affects to the water (while still acting cartoon-like) but having a little more oomph like everything else is getting. Know what I mean. They can still change the splash affects to make the water look a little more 'alive'.

Ah. I see.

They appear to have made texture changes like that already from what i have seen of the shoreline.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!