• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#121 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Damn they'll never bring a show like that to Hawaii. BOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOL. There are other advantages to living in Hawaii. The weather for one and the scenery. I rather be living there then dreary London.

I didn't even know there was a gold edition. That being said, I do have this:

Posted Image

I have that lying around somewhere too.

#122 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

LOL. There are other advantages to living in Hawaii. The weather for one and the scenery. I rather be living there then dreary London.

Everything is too expensive tho so I would pass unless I was wealthy.

Signature_DK.png

#123 MechaGS

MechaGS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

This remake of the Wind Waker is one of the reasons I've picked up a Wii U. I loved the game on GameCube but never did finish it and I lent it out to a 'friend' that never gave it back so wouldn't have had the chance to anyway.

Either way, it will be a day one buy for me. I'll finally be able to put in some good gaming hours into this classic.

#124 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

WW has an epic soundtrack... Which is why it sounded so amazing on the 25th anniversiary orchestrated cd.

IMO Orchestrated music is overrated.

Posted Image

#125 BombingSystems

BombingSystems

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I personally enjoyed the mass ocean along with the random occurrences and lost islands. I can't wait to see them in HD!
Posted Image

#126 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

HOLY poop

JxkHfIT.png

#127 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I've completed the game three times, I would still do, and I don't care, I'm getting this.
Posted Image

#128 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm really excited for the remake of Wind Waker HD. It is going to be sweet!

JxkHfIT.png

#129 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Is there any word as to whether this is going to run at 720p or 1080p?

#130 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

I've completed the game three times, I would still do, and I don't care, I'm getting this.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish it once...yet

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#131 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Honestly not impressed. WAY too much bloom, thought we left this nonsense back in 2007?

#132 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Honestly not impressed. WAY too much bloom, thought we left this nonsense back in 2007?

Nintendo's new to this level of graphics.

Edited by CUD, 06 February 2013 - 02:06 PM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#133 MiyamotosMom

MiyamotosMom

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nintendo's new to this level of graphics.

If they are going to go through this overbloomification then count me out of the Wii U for the first couple years. OR just make it a toggle like on Uncharted.

#134 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

IMO Orchestrated music is overrated.

Overated? Absolutely and very easily. But its still better when done right. The scenario here is likely youve been misinformed by overly enthusiastic 'orchestratedphiliacs' who dont really know what they are talking about, and began plastering examples that didnt appeal to you because they dont have any common sense.

1. Composition is still the most important thing. A lousy orchestrated song will still sound lousy next to a good midi song.

2. Arrangements are important. A lousy arrangement can easily ruin a good composition, leaving the familiar original midi arrangement more desirable than the poorly arranged orchestrated song.

3. A good composition, with a good arrangement, will sound better orchestrated than a midi song of the same because its actually played by people who can better inflect emotion into their music in ways computers simply cant.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#135 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I really am looking forward, it certainly will be a day one purchase if I can afford it. I hope they add the old dungeons and any of the gameplay they added with the second screen in the Ocarina 3D remake, alongside the ability to warp to previous visited locations using the touchpad would be nice :). Really looking forward to Zelda U as well, but this'll tide me over along with Zelda 3DS if it hopefully comes out this year/early next year.

I see a lot of people moaning how it isn't as cell shaded as the GC version, but I'm loving the look of this, plus we have no idea what it looks like in motion. I really hope this is one of the first 1080p games for the Wii U

Edited by Penguin101, 07 February 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#136 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Now imagine SS with this level quality graphics...

Like this?

Posted Image

#137 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Like this?
Posted Image

No, thats just in increase in resolution, the graphics are exactly the same.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#138 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

It does also have 4x Anti Aliasing and 2x Anisotropic Filtering alongside the higher resolution of 1280x1056. I was impressed with it though how much better it makes Skyward Sword look, it looks more like a Wii U game. I have had a quick look at Wind Waker with the same settings and it looks almost identical to the Wii U screenshots apart from the backdrops as they look redone.

I'll still be getting Wind Waker on the Wii U though as they say they have redone the controls aswell so not just a graphical upgrade, they've actually done other things to the game.

#139 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

It does also have 4x Anti Aliasing and 2x Anisotropic Filtering alongside the higher resolution of 1280x1056. I was impressed with it though how much better it makes Skyward Sword look, it looks more like a Wii U game. I have had a quick look at Wind Waker with the same settings and it looks almost identical to the Wii U screenshots apart from the backdrops as they look redone.
I'll still be getting Wind Waker on the Wii U though as they say they have redone the controls aswell so not just a graphical upgrade, they've actually done other things to the game.

Still the same graphics. Those are just filters that are applied after the graphics are rasterized.

These screens are not necessarily from the september release. As stated in the nintendo direct they were pulled from, they are screens from the art team testing art styles (they also did this to windwaker in the twilight princess art style). By taking the original gamecube windwaker assets and geometry, and changing textures and lighting solutions.

Hence, your observations.

As of right now, there is only one game that you can look at to get an idea of wii u graphics, and thats X.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 07:27 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#140 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

I see what you're getting at now Dude, I've been playing through Skyward Sword with these settings and everything looks awesome. My little lad is also playing it on the actual Wii at the same time, the graphical smoothing of the pixels makes it look so much better than standard. It's a shame Nintendo couldn't incorporate these settings for the Wii backward compatibility as it brings the whole Wii library a new lease of life. Metroid Prime looks awesome :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!