Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Bad news, good reasons, and some really good but old news too.

http://www.nintendol...coming_to_wii_u

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I disagree, I don't think its a good reason. They aren't forced to use the gamepad at all. Throw in pro controller support and on the touch screen just put a logo "Tomb Raider" or something. Not that big of a deal. It's kinda said to see the Wii U not even getting great support. It would be nice to have some games behind it to add to the library.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Okay, i see your point and was indeed looking at it from my personal perspective. I do already own a 360 and bought the wiiU for something new. Straight ports don't bring me new experiences. But sure, not everybody has more consoles, so your point is valid.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Too bad Wii U owners won't get it. TR is going to be a GREAT game. Shame on you, Nintendo.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's a simple thing to display the TV screen on the upad screen, according to rumours from competent developers, so I don't think that's an excuse at all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

any excuses these days...

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

You guys are vulture's. If I was a game developer I would make the same decision. These guys want to utilize the Wii U to It's full capabilities and not half done.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

You guys are vulture's. If I was a game developer I would make the same decision. These guys want to utilize the Wii U to It's full capabilities and not half done.

So in theory, the 360 and PS3 versions of this game are half done?

2lvmghw.png

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is the same lame excuse that Gearbox gave for not porting Borderlands 2.

Does Tomb Raider have full Kinect and Move support? Didn't think so. Just put it on the pro controller and call it a day.

Edited by WiiNC, 27 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

So in theory, the 360 and PS3 versions of this game are half done?

How so? The Move and Kinect are additional and don't come packaged with all console sales. The wiiU comes packaged with the gamepad as its main controller. The dev simply wants to do something well if he does it, and for him when developing for the wiiU that means using the gamepad. That to me is ia good reason.

This is the same lame excuse that Gearbox gave for not porting Borderlands 2.

Does Tomb Raider have full Kinect and Move support? Didn't think so. Just put it on the pro controller and call it a day.

Compared to the pc release they will almost certainly look that way. The reason there is a lack of third party support is Nintendo essentially gave third party devs the finger last gen and look like they will be doing the same this gen with underpowered systems that require a whole lot of work to port (and often rebuilding of the games). That of course isn't the case with the wiiU at the moment but devs and publishers unsurprisingly aren't for the year or so the wiiU isn't going to be a pain going to invest much in it.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 27 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

How so? The Move and Kinect are additional and don't come packaged with all console sales. The wiiU comes packaged with the gamepad as its main controller. The dev simply wants to do something well if he does it, and for him when developing for the wiiU that means using the gamepad. That to me is ia good reason.

Compared to the pc release they will almost certainly look that way. The reason there is a lack of third party support is Nintendo essentially gave third party devs the finger last gen and look like they will be doing the same this gen with underpowered systems that require a whole lot of work to port (and often rebuilding of the games). That of course isn't the case with the wiiU at the moment but devs and publishers unsurprisingly aren't for the year or so the wiiU isn't going to be a pain going to invest much in it.

Using the move and kinect is a pretty lame comeback imo, considering the move and kinect were motion control and thus porting a game with full on controller controls would be a lot more difficult where as on the Wii U it would be a easier because it uses the same control scheme as the other consoles. Like Nollog said, they could have just made the game playable on the gamepad, emulating what is on the TV is probably the least labor extensive of all of the possible choices besides doing nothing. I'd rather just have the game, then having nothing at all.

2lvmghw.png

#12 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Somehow I do think the Wii U needs these bad ports to start off with. If all we get are exlusives from the very beginning third party developers will have no interest in adapting their future games to the Wii U at all.

Edited by WaddleDee, 27 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I never was a TR fan with all the jumping and bad lighting. It spoiled the experience.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

The reason there is a lack of third party support is Nintendo essentially gave third party devs the finger last gen and look like they will be doing the same this gen with underpowered systems that require a whole lot of work to port (and often rebuilding of the games). That of course isn't the case with the wiiU at the moment but devs and publishers unsurprisingly aren't for the year or so the wiiU isn't going to be a pain going to invest much in it.

I don't want it to be true, but I am concerned that this is accurate, i.e. your point about studios not wanting to bother with ports because of the relatively large difference in hardware between Nintendo and the other two. When you factor in the chance that not many games will be sold (c.f. the tiny online population for Black ops 2 Wii U), it is worrisome.

Edited by WiiNC, 27 January 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just do what all lazy developers do: stick the map on the gamepad.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Arent you guys glad Nintendo completely held off showing stuff like this:

Posted Image

From the launch of the system and e3 so third parties wouldnt be overshadowed and feel too threatened to release their sub calibur games on wii u?

Edited by 3Dude, 27 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

From the launch of the system and e3 so third parties wouldnt be overshadowed and feel too threatened to release their sub calibur games on wii u?

*facepalm*

Signature_DK.png

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm not a fan of Tomb Raider, so I'm not bothered by this.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, because Tomb raider, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, Crysis 3 etc look so much worse.... ohh wait.... they don't.

Using the move and kinect is a pretty lame comeback imo, considering the move and kinect were motion control and thus porting a game with full on controller controls would be a lot more difficult where as on the Wii U it would be a easier because it uses the same control scheme as the other consoles. Like Nollog said, they could have just made the game playable on the gamepad, emulating what is on the TV is probably the least labor extensive of all of the possible choices besides doing nothing. I'd rather just have the game, then having nothing at all.

They could have, but the dev doesn't want to support it in such a limited manner. If it is to be done he would do it in a way he considers to be proper (eg: not just tacked on).

Edited by PedanticGamer, 27 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#20 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

They could have, but the dev doesn't want to support it in such a limited manner. If it is to be done he would do it in a way he considers to be proper (eg: not just tacked on).

Like I said, I'd still rather have the game then nothing at all.. That, in my opinion is a lame excuse.

2lvmghw.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!