TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I would love to see a Nintendo Direct focused on new 3rd party games that we haven't heard about yet. Eirther they be exclusives, games that come out on the same day as other systems, games that use the or games that we haven't heard anything about that isn't by Platinum (basically no Bayonetta 2 or Wonderful 101) like Ghost Recon Online. Did that game get canceled or something?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#22 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Xenoblade? Madworld? Sonic Colors? Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Shall I go on?

Nintendo bought 97% of MonolithSoft at the beginning of last generation. Xenoblade was developed and published as a Nintendo first party title.
Posted Image

#23 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Nintendo bought 97% of MonolithSoft at the beginning of last generation. Xenoblade was developed and published as a Nintendo first party title.

Thats actually a second party title. Just a small correction.

Signature_DK.png

#24 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

If Nintendo owns the majority share in a studio, and they make a game exclusively for Nintendo with Nintendo publishing it, then it's a first party title. That's like saying anything Retro makes is second party.
Posted Image

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

If Nintendo owns the majority share in a studio, and they make a game exclusively for Nintendo with Nintendo publishing it, then it's a first party title. That's like saying anything Retro makes is second party.

Sorry I was just having an OCD moment even though im not OCD.

Signature_DK.png

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Xenoblade? Madworld? Sonic Colors? Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Shall I go on?

Xenoblade is 1st party nintendo, platinum is one of the third parties i am very obviously NOT referring to, as they used to be clover, they are japanese, which happen to coincidentally be the large majority of third parties that dont purposefully release crap on nintendo consoles, with the only western publisher i can even think of being ubisoft.

Sonic is garbage. Dont care about late 360 ports of games i could have already owned but am not interested in.

Yeah, you need to go on. You need to go on a whole freaking lot.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

Rare was a 2nd party. What's the difference?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

No, its not. Nintendo owns monolithsoft since disaster. Its first party, just like retro games are. Xenoblade is a nintendo ip.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

No, its not. Nintendo owns monolithsoft since disaster. Its first party, just like retro games are. Xenoblade is a nintendo ip.

Thanks for the correction 3Dude. I guess I was incorrect.

Signature_DK.png

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Rare was a 2nd party. What's the difference?

Rare was a partnership. Nintendo owned 49%, less than half (lol, exactly less).

Nintendo owned 97% of monolith... majority ownership to nintendo, making it 1st party... and i think namcobandai actually sold them the last shares, making it 100% owned by nintendo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Rare was a partnership. Nintendo owned 49%, less than half (lol, exactly less).

Nintendo owned 97% of monolith... majority ownership to nintendo, making it 1st party... and i think namcobandai actually sold them the last shares, making it 100% owned by nintendo.

Wow! dude: you really are a walking talking gaming encyclopedia. Thanks for the info

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#32 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

yes...yes he is
NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#33 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sweet. Also I must be the only person that doesn't enjoy GTA or care if it comes to Nintendo. I honestly hope this is true and that we see some epic 3rd party games...maybe even exclusives.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#34 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

yes...yes he is

He does know alot of facts. I wouldnt count on his opinions though. No offense 3Dude.

Signature_DK.png

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Wow! dude: you really are a walking talking gaming encyclopedia. Thanks for the info

Ha, yeah, videogame history was one of my early college classes. I literally got tested on this kind of stuff XD.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Ha, yeah, videogame history was one of my early college classes. I literally got tested on this kind of stuff XD.

I want to take this class, I might actually put my GI Bill to good use.

#37 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Xenoblade is 1st party nintendo, platinum is one of the third parties i am very obviously NOT referring to, as they used to be clover, they are japanese, which happen to coincidentally be the large majority of third parties that dont purposefully release crap on nintendo consoles, with the only western publisher i can even think of being ubisoft.

Sonic is garbage. Dont care about late 360 ports of games i could have already owned but am not interested in.

Yeah, you need to go on. You need to go on a whole freaking lot.

I mean you can't really judge a game unless you've played it. I made a mistake with Xenoblade, but after that I think it's just ignorance. I haven't liked any of the recent Sonic games, but Sonic Colors was a really good game in my opinion.

Saying 'Sonic is garbage' is ignorant. Saying 'Most recent Sonic is garbage' is much more accurate

And just because you aren't 'interested' in a game doesn't mean it sucks.

Also, there are games like Little King's Story, No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4, Monster Hunter Tri, Masurama Demon Blade, Tatsunoko vs Capcom...

I'm not saying that Nintendo has the most third party titles, nor am I saying that it has the best. I'm just saying that it has 3rd party titles, and it has some really good ones too. Saying all third party games suck on Nintendo devices is just plain wrong.

#38 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I can't wait to see reggie's disgusted face when he starts talking about rayman legends.

794144.png?13383682

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!