Photo

Okay, time for all the other 3rd party exclusives to get delayed!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jalio_the_brave

jalio_the_brave

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm going to start with a quote from Crispy Bacon in the Rayman Legends thread:

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or hurl. I just.....whatever....

You know what's funny about this? If Nintendo fans were begging for a particular game to come to their platform, developers and publishers, 99.9% of the time, wouldn't give them a second thought. Yet, some vocal PS3/360 fans manage to get the game put on their respective platforms. Pathetic... People laugh and think it's ridiculous when some suggest that there's a conspiracy against Nintendo. At this point, I don't know what to think anymore.

Looking online, the only petition for Rayman Legends to come to PS3/ 360 is this one:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rayman-legends-on-ps3xbox-360/signatures

With only 174 signatures..

However, here's a Dark Souls II petition...

http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-ii-for-the-nintendo-wiiu

With a little over 15,000 signatures

So why is it that a game with little action about it being an exclusive (Rayman) get the treatment of multiplat, but no third parties give a thought to doing it the other way around?

I just feel like no matter what, Nintendo will never get the support they deserve, no matter how hard they try.

Then again, not all hope is lost. For my first few games for Wii U, I bought only third-party games, with the thought that I would support the support that Nintendo received for launch, And this is the conclusion I came to:

It's okay that Nintendo doesn't receive third party support

That's because, frankly, while third party games can be good,they are nowhere near as fun as Nintendo's games.

That's just my thoughts on the matter. Yeah, it sucks that Nintendo is put to such high stresses to kneel at third parties' feet. And it sucks that we are probably losing the support Nintendo deserves.

But I know the most fun of the system is gonna come out of Nintendo's games. So not all is going to be bad!

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

That is quite the demand for PS3 & 360 there...

Posted Image

#3 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

my thing is that i dont want to have to buy a system that i dont want namely all the ones except the wii u. i want my wii u wen i get one) to be my main console and not worry about good games not being ported. nintendo games are good but i want all the games for my system not crappy butthurt companies porting crappy version just to make a quick buck. i want it to be my only system. i dont want to HAVE to buy two systems bc of third parties being klazy to make a decent port.

Posted Image

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Maybe we should ask ubisoft where people asked for the game to be ported so we can do the same for other games in the future, as it obviously worked for them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Look at third party game sales on Nintendo systems and it's clear why devs and publishers have a preference for systems that aren't by Nintendo.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

So why is it that a game with little action about it being an exclusive (Rayman) get the treatment of multiplat, but no third parties give a thought to doing it the other way around?

I dont see whats so hard to grasp... they just increased their potential sales from approx 3 million to 143 million copies sold...

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

http://www.change.or...e-for-the-wii-u

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

http://www.change.or...e-for-the-wii-u

this was posted by cerberuz in another thread I think this would have something to do with the Wii U delay. http://www.edge-onli...tform-releases/

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

My god when will you people learn no companies actually pay attention to those stupid petitions.

Edited by cannonshane, 07 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

And this kids, is what you call an overreaction.

794144.png?13383682

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

My god when will you people learn no companies actually pay attention to those stupid petitions.

Ubisoft pay attention.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Doubt it. People just think they do. These decisions are made months before any petition is made. They pay people very good money to conduct feasibility studies on issues exactly like this. The fact that a bunch of 12 year olds try to make a petition would not change the decisions that would have been made long ago.

Edited by cannonshane, 07 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Doubt it. People just think they do. These decisions are made months before any petition is made. They pay people very good money to conduct feasibility studies on issues exactly like this. The fact that a bunch of 12 year olds try to make a petition would not change the decisions that would have been made long ago.

"We heard from many Xbox & Playstation owners and Rayman fans who told us they really wanted to play Rayman Legends on their current system", says Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Chief Marketing & Sales Officer. "We decided to give the fans what they wanted while at the same time broadening the audience exposed to this innovative and memorable game."

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

"We heard from many Xbox & Playstation owners and Rayman fans who told us they really wanted to play Rayman Legends on their current system", says Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Chief Marketing & Sales Officer. "We decided to give the fans what they wanted while at the same time broadening the audience exposed to this innovative and memorable game."

doubt it. they probably only wanted more money and put this (truth) in front so they ddnt look bad

#15 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Companies don't listen to petitions? What about that petition that got Dark Souls the get ported to PC?

LordPickleton.png

#16 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

doubt it. they probably only wanted more money and put this (truth) in front so they ddnt look bad

Someone has a brain at least. 99% of the crap put out by the media is just made up.

Companies don't listen to petitions? What about that petition that got Dark Souls the get ported to PC?

WOW one game out of the millions ever made. They must listen.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#17 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Someone has a brain at least. 99% of the crap put out by the media is just made up.

yay i have a brain :P

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

WOW one game out of the millions ever made. They must listen.

Even if it is just one company it still proves your "no companies actually pay attention to those stupid petitions." wrong.

LordPickleton.png

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I don't see what's wrong with it. I mean, if it means a sure fire way not to end up like the next Atari, SEGA or the late THQ, then yeah, why not? And especially in this world economy, you gotta do what you gotta do. The goody goody statement about listening to fans is expected, and understandable. It's much nicer to say "We did it for the (few) fans" than "We did it for money (always)". I can't hate on that either. It's been happening too long to hate and get away with hating it.

At the very least, I'd like to see an extended hand to Wii U. It's still somewhat new to developers, so I'm not surprised if the games around the corner haven't received ports (Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite). I don't believe the statements about waiting to see if it's a worthy move to port the games to Wii U, rather that developers haven't had enough time to draw their own understandings of the system versus the time they were actually working on the title on the intended systems. It's not like the developers are being pushed to try with these around the corner titles, and I honestly didn't expect such things in the Wii U's first year of life.

In the end, I don't think the Wii U really needs those third party exclusives, as there is a large amount of Nintendo studios to cover most of that. When 3rd party developers have a much more intuitive understanding of the Wii U (even Nintendo hasn't got this yet, as I believe they've said themselves at some point), then they can feel more adjusted to making those exclusives, and potentially better at them as a result.

Take ZombiU. The game would've been a helluva lot more polished if it was out in 2 years time. The game was fairly average to me, and not simply in the graphics department. I've said it numerous times, but the actual gameplay itself felt cumbersome, and I feel half of the difficulty came from how awkward it was to play it. Usually, the functions of a game become second nature after playing for an extended time, but I never got that from ZombiU ever, and so I wasn't able to appreciate the finer things in the game.

Anyway, point being, that right now, the 3rd party support, while needed, I don't expect extravagant things for the next 8 months. And I think that's fine, as long as they persist with the ports. But after that, they've had more than enough time to understand most of what the Wii U is capable of, and that's when we should be seeing the steady change in what games are put forward. Hopefully not for the worst. If you're gonna make shovelware, make it semi-decent.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

My main worry for this console is that it will end up gathering dust like me Wii did, i couldn't really care less about exclusivity, what is annoying especially with Rayman, Scibblenauts and to a lesser extent Aliens is that the dates keep getting pushed back and back, this is where Nintendo should step up with some of their games but that doesn't seem to be happening.

It will be interesting to see what happens down the line, at the moment i feel like i've wasted £300 and thats not a childish whine its just how it seems at the moment, i have nothing to play on it at the moment, i should have had Scribblenauts this weekend, then Aliens then Rayman but none of those are now available, i mean what is so fundamentally wrong with Scibblenauts that it can be released in the USA but not over in the UK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!