#1 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

The reason WindWaker didnt have to load at all during your sea adventures was because the simplistic graphics didn't really push the system to its limits at all..
With all the tech and everything in there and how its gonna be more of a beast (and not cell shaded) , do you guys think there would be load times?

It would RUIN the game for me if they were long load times.

Though id still get it regardless...it IS Wind Waker in HD after all...

Edited by themoth2112, 20 February 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Maybe not. The Wii U is a powerful system. Just wait another 10 months and I'll tell you.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

lol no.

google monolithsoft X, watch trailer on youtube.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

No.

Wind Waker HD's biggest problem is the bloom. SO MUCH BLOOM

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

There wont be any load times because the graphics aren't even touching it's maximum capability, and it's probably going to be the same size game as the original so you won't get load time I'm sure :)

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

it wont matter, if they load the ocean the same way they load it in the wii u, you will be fine.
ok, in wind waker , when you are sailing, the ocean you see is just a circle that follows you, adn when you come up on an island its first a 2d sprite and then it renders it's model, simple stuff really, if the wii u does this, we shouldnt have load times

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

The cell shading did push the gamecube to its limits dude. Cell shading is actually a lot harder to do than what they did with Twilight Princess (not saying that didn't push it either).

The only thing I didn't like in those screenshots were the character models: they looked too much like statues.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

The only thing I didn't like in those screenshots were the character models: they looked too much like statues.

Maybe as these are early days they'll tweak the visuals to look more cell shaded? However in a way the new style is quite clever because the new visuals almost look like a Pixar or Dreamworks character. Which could be stated as next gen animation. Maybe this is doing the same kind of statement? Plus we don't know what the game will look like in motion.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Maybe as these are early days they'll tweak the visuals to look more cell shaded? However in a way the new style is quite clever because the new visuals almost look like a Pixar or Dreamworks character. Which could be stated as next gen animation. Maybe this is doing the same kind of statement? Plus we don't know what the game will look like in motion.

Yeah, I know that these are just concept pics (pot lady never left Outset Island), so they could change it. I'm not going to judge it until it is in motion. But I really hate those character models. They could have upscaled the original models and it would look better, or they could have done it in the style of Ni No Kuni (the cell shading; not the overall artstyle)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

I am not sure where I saw this but I've read Wii U's loading times are super quick compared to ports running on other consoles. Mainly due to faster disc loading. Anyone else hear this?

Edited by Sorceror12, 20 February 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

I am not sure where I saw this but I've read Wii U's loading times are super quick compared to ports running on other consoles. Mainly due to faster disc loading. Anyone else hear this?

Not necessarily true on first hand experience. The Wii U has the advantage of not installing games (thus a small hard drive/flash drive) due to the fast disc speed, however I noticed far longer loading times on some games.
A USB HDD or fast SD card may actually help with loading times through (not sure I've never downloaded a full on retail game), and I'd love an option for part installation so some games that I've experienced with horrendous loading times can load faster.

However I have to say some games may have quicker loading times, I guess it depends on the effort the developer puts in. Of course Nintendo games will have a lot more effort put in to reduce loading times :)

Edited by Penguin101, 20 February 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#12 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I just hope that the framerate will stay the same.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Not necessarily true on first hand experience. The Wii U has the advantage of not installing games (thus a small hard drive/flash drive) due to the fast disc speed, however I noticed far longer loading times on some games.
A USB HDD or fast SD card may actually help with loading times through (not sure I've never downloaded a full on retail game), and I'd love an option for part installation so some games that I've experienced with horrendous loading times can load faster.
However I have to say some games may have quicker loading times, I guess it depends on the effort the developer puts in. Of course Nintendo games will have a lot more effort put in to reduce loading times :)

No, wii u uses usb 2.0, and I highly doubt the sd card speed is much faster than the 20x blueray drive. None of that will make much of a difference

Loading times are going to be a direct reflection of the teams memory management capabilities.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I've heard USB 2.0 HDDs runs faster than the Wii U's disc but I'm probably mistaken

#15 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Look... The only problem with Wind Waker HD is that it's not out yet.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I've heard USB 2.0 HDDs runs faster than the Wii U's disc but I'm probably mistaken

USB 2.0 (High Speed)
USB 2.0: Released in April 2000. Added higher
maximum signaling rate of 480 Mbit/s (effective
throughput up to 35 MB/s or 280 Mbit/s)

Wii u has a 20x blue ray read speed, iirc blue ray is 1x @ 36 Mbits/s x20 is 720 Mbits/s

usb 3.0 (super speed) smokes the holy rainbowe out of wii us disc drive.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Nah the wii u should be able to handle it without a problem.
It's kinda like the GTAs
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

My biggest problem with Windwaker was it didn't allow for inverted movement. Killed the game for me. Let's hope they fix that.

#19 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

the only problem with windwaker is I HAVE ALREADY PLAYED IT!!!! 4 YEARS AGO!!!!

#20 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

the only problem with windwaker is I HAVE ALREADY PLAYED IT!!!! 4 YEARS AGO!!!!

What he said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!