Photo

Why are people doubting Wii U now because of PS4?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nope, but your reasoning given is faulty.

Insults aren't allowed fyi, funny how someone points out you posted drivel and you call them a twelve year old presumably to prove your maturity.

No offense but you are starting to get rude. I find it odd that your name has pedantic in it but you act so narrow alot.

Signature_DK.png

#62 Greg1040

Greg1040

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

The wii u needs some new games and fast I bought it for the likes of mario ect and some fresh new ips and mario is all I have and it's sat collecting dust pretty much from the first week I bought it on release day there just isn't enough out there for people to go scrambling for 1 at the moment this may change after e3 but Nintendo better bring something good. It doesn't help when a lot of developers have given up on the console also it's not been the greatest of starts for them.

Mario ect will always sell consoles that's a fact but will it keep selling as much years down the line Game after game of the same thing?

Just like cod 4 played that game for hours on end world at war ect and then after modern warfare 2 me and all my mates have just given up on the series.

#63 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

No offense but you are starting to get rude. I find it odd that your name has pedantic in it but you act so narrow alot.

I'm starting to get rude you say, should I quote your last response and talk about what irony is to you?

#64 joey0480

joey0480

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

no games no sales...plain and simple.  Nintendo needs a library at this point....one Mario game is not going to carry it.....

#65 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm starting to get rude you say, should I quote your last response and talk about what irony is to you?

Really this convo is getting defeatist so let me draw a conclusion right now. I buy systems because I like the games and you buy them because of the atmosphere. End of discussion.

Signature_DK.png

#66 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

you ever think people buy consoles for the exclusives? not everyone has 500 dollars to spend on a pc that doesn't have the exclusives or cross-platform titles they like. or want to hassle with a wireless keyboard and mouse in between picking games. just let people buy what they want to buy your efforts to help out pc gaming by insulting people who aren't informed aren't working.

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#67 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Because its a better gaming system. That's why. No offense to people here, but strictly system wise it is miles ahead of wii u. But wii u has Nintendo games so that puts ninty way out in front.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#68 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

sony ps4 is going cazying try low their prices to 300 euros going lose on the profit,

but make on the profit, by selling games at €80-€90

which are €20-€30 more experise then wii u games

WII U CLEARLY BETTER WITH TO WATCH AND PLAY GAMES ON THE WII u gamepad while someone elese watch their favourite programe on tv and so wont disturb user playing his or hers games

wii u  clearly better system with this new evolution of gaming play games while someone else watch tv

#69 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Thought this was good article.

What do you guys think?

http://www.destructo...on-247611.phtml

#70 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

What do you guys think?

Very nice blog post.  Puts some things in perspective regarding innovation in the industry.  Every innovation can be traced back to Nintendo.  Sony's brand of innovative ideas is moar RAM.

#71 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

What do you guys think?

A lot of clear thought in that article. I'm sick of PS4/720 being so 'next gen' just because the graphics are so good. For me the WiiU has enough 'next gen' and i'm not on about graphics!

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#72 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

^^^ I agree with both of you.

Nintendo has always done their own thing regardless of how the other home console companies played things.

I honestly don't buy any of the "Nintendo is failing" hype that's running rampant online.

Wii U sales will pick up eventually just like all home consoles do.... Over time when there are awesome games.

I think that the next few weeks will be a good next step for the Wii U in terms of good games catching the publics attention. Whether or not this directly translates to a boost in console sales is yet to be determined. At the very least, this is the beginning of another great console run for Nintendo.

March 5th - Amazing Spider Man

March 18th - Lego City Undercover

March 19th - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

March 19th - Need for Speed: Most Wanted

March 26th - Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

And..... Here.... We....... Go.....

#73 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

^^^ I agree with both of you.

Nintendo has always done their own thing regardless of how the other home console companies played things.

I honestly don't buy any of the "Nintendo is failing" hype that's running rampant online.

Wii U sales will pick up eventually just like all home consoles do.... Over time when there are awesome games.

I think that the next few weeks will be a good next step for the Wii U in terms of good games catching the publics attention. Whether or not this directly translates to a boost in console sales is yet to be determined. At the very least, this is the beginning of another great console run for Nintendo.

March 5th - Amazing Spider Man

March 18th - Lego City Undercover

March 19th - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

March 19th - Need for Speed: Most Wanted

March 26th - Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

And..... Here.... We....... Go.....

And I'll be getting three of those.  No one seems to be mentioning the attach rate for the Wii U, which has been excellent.

#74 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

getting 3 of those also :)

#75 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

2 considering 3 of them.

expect wiiu to gain ground this gen in 3rd party support, were it maners to consumers. but lose some income compared to wii in early months

#76 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

And I'll be getting three of those.  No one seems to be mentioning the attach rate for the Wii U, which has been excellent.

I've been looking for some info on the number of Wii U games sold, including eShop exclusives but I'm struggling.

If I go by the numbers I've found its about 2 games per console, yet I remember it being higher than that, you have any data on this?

#77 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I've been looking for some info on the number of Wii U games sold, including eShop exclusives but I'm struggling.

If I go by the numbers I've found its about 2 games per console, yet I remember it being higher than that, you have any data on this?

Last number I heard was 60% attach, which means for 6 out of ten console owners purchased at least one additional game.  The sales figures aren't very clear at this point, so it's hard to tell how many per console, though I personally have 5 games and plan on another 3 in march (maybe 4).

#78 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Last number I heard was 60% attach, which means for 6 out of ten console owners purchased at least one additional game.  The sales figures aren't very clear at this point, so it's hard to tell how many per console, though I personally have 5 games and plan on another 3 in march (maybe 4).

Just found an article, dating from Januari 30th, stating the Wii U has an attach ratio of 3.82 per console.

Significant difference from previous data :) .

#79 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just found an article, dating from Januari 30th, stating the Wii U has an attach ratio of 3.82 per console.

Significant difference from previous data :) .

That's actually really good.

#80 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

how do you get a rate below 1? yet again a rate below 2. id say 3.6-3.7 sounds good. but realistic low end rates would be 2-3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!