#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

We haven't had a roleplaying game in the games section for awhile now, so I think it's about time we start one up again. If you are not familiar with roleplaying please click the following link for guidelines:

http://thewiiu.com/t...lay-guidelines/

---

There was a great war between gods, disagreeing on how to rule the world they controlled, through the means of chaos, or law. The war raged on for centuries, and several gods both of chaos and law perished. The gods realized their dwindling numbers, so they decided they would have to settle this in a different way. They came up with the Tournament of Champions. Gods would choose heroes among different time periods, either representing chaos or law to fight to the death. The winner, one with either an affiliation with chaos or law would become a god. It will also decide how the world would primarily be controlled. 

---

(Only ten will be able to sign up) 

Character sign up:

Name:

Description:

Personality:

Weapons:

Magic (optional):

Affiliation: (Chaos or Law)

---

Here is my character:

Name: Signa Ignos

Description: About 6 feet tall. Has long brown hair. Wears a brown cloak. Blue eyes. Has a small scar going across his cheek.

Personality: Signa is naturally quiet. He typically keeps to himself and doesn't have that many friends. His one best friend died in a war. He is not the strongest physically, but he is a very strategic fighter. Always stuck with law. The idea of a world ruled by Chaos disgusts him.
Weapons: None

Magic: Ice. 

---

(I guess I will start) 

Signa, before he knew it was transported to a room he was not familiar with. He looked around the empty white room. Above he read a sign: Summoning Room

A startling and booming voice came out from above:

Signa Ignos, you have been summoned to participate in the Tournament of Champions. You are representing Law. You will be fighting against those affiliated with Chaos to the death.You have the ability to decide the fate of the world.  Wait here for other champions to be summoned. After all of the champions arrive, the tournament will begin. 

Thoughts raced through Signa's mind. Who was that? A fight to the death with those affiliated with chaos? Representing law? 

More questions raced in his mind. He figured his questions would be answered soon. Signa sat down, waiting for the other champions. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I always love RPs, hopefully this might pick up.

Nickname: *Old* Larry

Description:  A much older version of Larry, one of his original bodies kept by the chaos lords.  About 6 feet tall, dark greyed hair, light grey eyes.  Wears a faded brown overcoat, brown boots, dark pants, and a dark shirt with a celtic dragon design.  Wears a brown brimmed hat (not a fedora).  What appear to be sashes over his shirt are actually loads of ammo.

Personality: A self proclaimed demon.  Unlike his carefree younger self, older Larry is conscious of new-found and specific mortality along with a temporary 'servitude' to the chaos lords.  Old Larry is much more careful in how he acts and is often a bit more strategic, but is much much more cruel than his younger self.

Weapons: Duel handguns/pistols that are enchanted to harm supernatural beings.  Explosive dice.

Magic: Enchantment magic on his overcoat.  Larry's overcoat is much more durable and spacious than normal overcoats.  Larry can manipulate the shadows inside his overcoat to hide him from the untrained eye (a trick usually only to be used when the opponent is surprised/scared and typically doesn't work after being witnessed).

Affiliation: Chaos and self-preservation.

---------------------------------------

A swirling mass of energy entangled Larry in one realm, tearing through his existence, consuming him until he was rejected into this new realm.  Larry focused on his body and spirit, realizing he was trapped in a familiar state.

Larry was impressed, using his own body to seal himself, "I see you actually kept McGrath's Body...  It seems that the stories must have even spread to you, for you to anchor me in a past body of mine..."

Your service to chaos is unquestionable, even if you also favor a 'balance'.  But you serve no gods nor do you pay any respect to them.  We need a being like yourself, but a being that is working towards our cause.  If you participate in this Tournament and obey us, we will soon return you to your original state.  You will be facing champions of law and quite possibly other champions of chaos, who wish for godhood themselves.  You know the consequences if you choose not to participate or if you disobey.

Larry was dumped out onto an unfamiliar place, his body stiff from age and storage.

"I better get used to this..."  He muttered,

#3 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Name: Nulgath

Description: about 7'feet tall. Bright slanted neon red glowing eyes. Teeth that look like they can shred anything. Spiky armor.

Personality: Mean and Careless

Weapons: Infected Blade of Awe

Magic: Fire

Affiliation: Chaos

--
(first intro, excuse me if it's bad)

Nulgath was a Normal man named James before he was captured in hell. As he was walking down a street at night, a demon grabbed him and pulled him down into hell... He was asked to become one of them to help destroy the world.. he refused. And The demon lord replied "So be it". He was Beaten for days upon days, Until he was forced to become one of them. Ever since he was transformed.. He has had a hatred more than any of them because of being tortured.. he couldn't control his own power.. Even to stop himself from hurting the ones he loved.. But as he entered the tournament.. He demon form swore he would destroy everyone doing whatever it takes.

(Yeah that was probably bad but if you can give me some pointers then message me :P)

This is his Infected Blade of Awe

2vhwvf8.png

Edited by Toon Link, 20 June 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Name- Theodore Schmai
Gender- Male
Age- 450
Discription- Around 6'8" wears a completely black cloak, his face is just an endless void of blackness..
Personality- Craves peace and order; he does not hate, but will kill if it is for the better good of humanity. He was born at a time of great unrest, and learned spells to calm the minds of those around him. Later in his life, he brought peace to his land by controlling the minds of those in power, however, when he attempted his magic on The Lord of his land, he was banished. For 3 centuries he brought peace to several other species by using his charms, and he has perfected them.
Weapon- conjured sword
Magic- mind control
Affiliation- Law
-----
Theodore was helping an ancient species of moles in a distant realm, when suddenly a bright light blinded his eyes, and a voice rang out
"Oh great Theodore, you have been chosen to become a hero in the tournament of champions! You must use your abilities to bend the wills of those who represent Chaos! Even though you prefer not to kill, this is a fight to the death, and that much is expected of you"
Theodore looked at the light, and attempted to cast a peace charm, but it backfired. Next he knew, he was in a golden room overlooking a ruby palace, and a bloodstained colloseum, and across the room sat a young man who had long brown hair, and a scar on his cheek.
Theodore thought to himself "What is this child doing here!?" So many questions he has, but no one to answer them.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Heh heh. I haven't taken part in an RPG in a long time. This should be fun.

---

Name: Bennett Coltrane

Description: Canadian boxer, 6'3", muscular, somewhat shaggy and unkempt light brown hair, green eyes, stubble, wears a dark blue jacket with a sleeveless white vest underneath. He wears faded beige jeans and black/white shoes. He has a full bandage wrapped around his right arm/hand to mask the demonic markings where a demon (obviously) possessed him. It started at his hand and will continue through his entire body until he is transformed into a demon himself. Thankfully, he controlled the spread early and now the demon can only try to tempt him.

Personality: Bennett is calm and stoic. He doesn't get frustrated too easily and never underestimates anybody's abilities, be it his allies or his enemies. He has a strong moral center and tries his damndest to be a good person. He also won't kill anyone, though that hasn't come into play yet in his life.

Weapon: Tampered fist

Magic: The demonic magic that came as a sort-of fringe benefit from his possession. Can alter speed and strength accordingly. Also able to periodically fire bursts of energy from his right palm. Gains more and more power the farther the demon possesses him.

Affiliation: Law, but is dangerously close to becoming chaotic due to the demon's influence.

---

Bennett was trying to enjoy his current life, sitting on a bench in Toronto, his home. He watched people walk by and idly listened to the sounds of the city until his right arm started spasming wildly and emanating an unearthly aura. Bennett hunched over in pain, his left hand clutching his right as a voice rang out in his head. 

You cannot hold me back forever, Bennett...

"Dammit..." Bennett kept holding his arm until the aura dissipated and the pain disappeared. Bennett sighed and let his head hang back to where it was before. All of a sudden, time seemed to stop. Everything around Bennett ceased moving. Bennett looked ahead and saw a gate about 10 yards ahead of him. 

"What the hell..." As soon as he said that, an unearthly voice called to him in his head.

Step through the gate, Bennett... you have been chosen.

Against his better judgement, Bennett got up and trudged to the gate, letting the light flood over him and he was then transported to a white room. Bennett wasn't alone, however, as there were already two occupants to this room: A child and a cloaked... thing who towered even over himself.

"Again... What the hell..." 

Edited by Trite, 20 June 2013 - 12:58 PM.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#6 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Signa looked around as he saw more champions teleport to the white room. The first was an older man. He wasn't sure what affiliation he was, so he decided to keep his distance. The next champion was a frightening looking demon. He figured it was a demon affiliated with Chaos. Signa decided he should also keep his distance from it. The next champion was a tall figure which seemed to have no face, and a seemingly normal guy with a bandage around his arm. He wondered if he got hurt prior to being teleported. He decided that he would keep his distance from everyone, just to be safe. If someone wanted to talk to him, they would approach him. He didn't want to mistakingly make friends with someone affiliated with Chaos. 

Signa decided to sit down on the floor. He yawned. He wondered when the tournament would start. He hoped he didn't have to face that demon. Then again, everyone in the room seemed pretty intimidating. 

fox.gif

#7 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Nulgath stays quiet for moat of the time while waiting on the rest of the challengers.. He feels no fear. With the devil powering him in his furious rage it causes him to show now fear. He looked around at the challengers... He looks at bennet and says "You! I remember you.. Capturing you an possesing you.. "Evil laugh"

Edited by Toon Link, 20 June 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#8 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Bennett twitched a little bit at Nulgath's remark.

Stay calm... for all I know, he could be bluffing...

Bennett decided to move over to where Signa was sitting and sat down close to him.

ecmB6v9.gif

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

As of now, there were 5, counting himself of course.  Through countless years of experience, it was easy for Larry to spot that he would have no real allies out of this group.

Looking at Signa, Larry thought to himself, 'The boy, he's too timid.  He may be a tough one to beat, looks like he's already surveying the competition; hopefully he's as inexperienced as he is young...'

As Nulgath spoke, Larry glanced over at him, 'A demon, eh?  Not too impressive, he's probably an arrogant brute like all the rest.  If I were in my younger state, I could probably teach him a lesson or two.  But he's obviously a pawn to chaos...  Too far gone to be of any real aid once he turns on his own allies.  And there's the subject of chaotic weapons, demons typically carry them, those are always more nasty than any warrior...'

Looking over at Bennett, the one Nulgath was trying to intimidate, Larry smirked, "This man will be interesting, he definitely has a great presence.  If that demon isn't careful, this man could probably take him out with the element of surprise, assuming that the Lords have given us all equal mortality."

Finally Larry looked over at Theodore, and grew slightly agitated before calming himself.  "This one, he is the most dangerous as of now.  I can feel it, he is the greatest threat, it's possible his experience may even match mine.  Whatever he's hiding, I need to prepare for...'

Larry leaned against the wall, searching through his coat for various objects.  Smirking as he pulled out a pair of gloves, Larry sat down and began his preparation.

'If I were younger...  Then I would announce myself to everyone...  But the consequences are too great, preparing now wold be for the best."

A purple plume appeared from Larry's hands as he began to work the energy into a circle with almost incomprehensible designs intertwined in the magic.  Larry could feel the energy flow through him in this newer realm, his magic wasn't as restricted as the last.  The circle began to glow and shift as the energy flowed into the gloves until the magic itself was consumed by the gloves.  Putting them on, Larry could feel greater control in his hands; with these gloves, he would be able to hold onto just about anything, evasion and using the terrain would be no issue now.

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

More people were arriving in the room, but unlike usual, Theodore could not tell enemy from foe. He glanced at the demon who seemed to be intimidating the human. He chuckled inside at the week mind of the ugly creature "he should be easy to manipulate," Theodore thought to himself.
He then looked at the human with the bandages. "He looks hurt, but I can sense a second presence within him, I need to be careful around him," Theodore again thought to himself.
Then, he stared at the older man in the corner. He looked dangerous, manevolent, and had much too strong a mind to be manipulated. He was chaos, the very image of chaos, Theodore could tell he was in for a battle of mind, not force.
Finally, he peered over at the lad with the scar. Theodore couldn't help but feel pitty for him, he was young, and his mind was filled with confusion and fear, sadness and disparity, but great courage lied within, great courage. "He will be the dark horse," Theodore thought,"I must not underestimate him"
Theodore then floated upwards, and sat cross legged suspended in air, and meditated to heighten his senses.

Edited by BanjoKazooie, 20 June 2013 - 05:33 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Nulgath starts to think.. Why is it taking so long for the rest of the challengers! Ad then he senses people are thinking about him badly.. He looks around the room, he looks at theodore, bennett, signia and larry... Then he says "Hey you.. Larry. Do you have something you want to say to me? I can read your thoughts you know"

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Larry closed his eyes and smirked, "Your first slip up, boy.  Keep in mind everyone here has been chosen for a reason, you should only let them know what you want them to know.  You're not the first one I've met who's a "thought reader"...  Would you like me to spoil that thought readers cannot read instinct or those trained to control their mind?"

Larry chuckled a bit before glaring at Nulgath, 'Never once did I refer to myself as Larry, the only name I have thought of since arriving has been McGrath's.  This means you can delve, and when you delve, you leave yourself open.  A simple lie can deceive you, a brainstorm can scramble your train of thoughts, but I could go so far as masking my mind with my experiences.  But for now, I'll go the simple route...'

A flicker of purple flashed in Larry's eyes as he began another conjuration.  A circle of magic, similar to the one earlier, but still different began to circle around Larry's hat, clouding Nulgath's reach, before shutting off all access.

"You can be sure I'll have plenty to say to an imitation demon.  But there's been enough silence, I'll introduce myself formally.  I'm Larry, nice to meet you Nulgath." He was sure he announced his name loud enough for the others and tipped his hat, smirking.

#13 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Bennett's eyes turned sharply towards Larry, then lowered back down to the floor.

Nulgath... certainly sounds familiar.

All of a sudden, Bennett's bandaged right arm started spasming again. Bennett grabbed his arm with his left hand and tried to keep it under control again.

"Damn... it...!"

ecmB6v9.gif

#14 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Signa saw that things were starting to get interesting. Larry was standing up to the one who apparently read minds. He was amused by this. He must be pretty confident in his abilities to stand up to him. Suddenly, he saw Bennet in pain. His curiosity got the better of him and he blurted out:

"Hey, are... you okay?"

fox.gif

#15 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nulgath says "How dare you act like this to such a high class demon like me? I'll have you know i'm the top rank under the Master of the Underworld. You're some talk for an old man. You better watch your mouth before i do something about it. *Nulgath's eye's start to glow even brighter as his rage gets worse and then he points his Infected Blade of Awe at larry as it fills up with energy"

For those of you who want to know what he looks like, here he is. (ignore my name/guild)

5pe9o8.png

Edited by Toon Link, 20 June 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#16 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

The spasming in Bennett's arm was steadily getting worse, as well as the pain. Bennett's nails pierced through the bandaging, drawing blood from his arm. All of a sudden, demonic energy flared up from his arm.

What the hell... it never gets this bad...

The demon's voice was in his head again.

The appearance of such strong energies... those demons... damn, it gets my blood boiling!

ecmB6v9.gif

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

"High class, eh?  I guess you're right, your mind reading abilities were pretty subpar to understand who I truly am." Larry chuckled, "I have no affiliation with your master, so screw him.  I'm not afraid of your weapon, keep it out much longer and I will read its properties and how it works."

Larry glanced over at Bennett, feeling his demonic energy.  Larry knew things would only worsen if he revealed his own dark energy.

Larry laid against the wall again and locked his eyes at Nulgath with a deadly stare, "Go ahead, kill me right here, but I cannot escape this tournament until it begins. You kill me and I will be brought back to fight, they might even tell me what powers you possess on the trip back."

#18 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Nulgath says "Well played i see... I guess we will see what happens on the battlefield.... As for you Bennett, By how your arm is treating you i'm guessing you wont be in the tournament ey? *Evil smirk*. Signia What's up with you being all quite over there? Nothing to say to me? I know you're scared of me. I've already stated i can read minds."

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Signa looked at Nulgath.

"I have no business talking to scum like you.."

With that, Signa returned to silence. 

fox.gif

#20 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Bennett picked his head up and glared at Nulgath. He tried to look stoic, as if the growing pain in his arm didn't bother him.

"I'm fine. Handling this pretty well, actually. Certainly better than you did, by the looks of things."

At last, his arm finally calmed down. Bennett removed his hand from his arm and hung his head a bit, panting softly. The blood was still lightly flowing from his arm, though.

Edited by Trite, 20 June 2013 - 09:06 PM.

ecmB6v9.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roleplaying, action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!