98 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

That theme is hideous!

Tho I like the idea of themes as I use them on my PS3 and 360 but PS3 is better as you can total custom them and get the sound effects and all.

#22 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

ha ha and some of you said that my first idea was dum look at this

http://wiiudaily.com...rade-in-credit/

#23 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

people won't buy a console if there are no games for it, thats the fact of the matter, nothing Nintendo can do can change this, if someone hasn't already got a WiiU who knows the WiiU's situation they won't buy one because of backwards compatibility or a trade-in scheme,  

#24 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I'm seriously thinking about turning in one of my 360s because of this deal

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Those people or the person that said this probably said it was dumb in the context you originally wrote it in. I took it as it being a Nintendo program to get Wii Owners to upgrade to the Wii U. While this trade in credit program at GameStop is great, it won't help or save the Wii U since it's not system specific. Simply meaning, people have a choice as to what they want to use the credit for. Also, GameStop always has been giving trade-in credit, just this month they are giving an extra 50% .

A program run by Nintendo could be interesting, trading in a Wii for a credit towards purchase of a Wii U. I would think the logistics, resources, and finances to pull off a large program could be to big of a task to bother with however.

Unless Nintendo utilizes physical store space in NYC or does this program during times they setup kiosks in shopping areas. An online program probably would even have more headaches.

Edited by Sorceror12, 04 March 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

A 50% more trade in from Gamestop. Oh that's like one half less of a ripoff they give you...they are still ripping you off tho. Just sell it on Ebay or Graigslist

#27 twohits

twohits

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:twohits

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'm thinking short term, like what would help them this summer and that is to re release Super Mario 64 DS on the Wii U virtual Console.  4 playable characters, same great gaming experience as the original, and maybe do the whole ghost Mii feature that 3d world has. 

But releasing new games will help more than anything, and maybe a bundle with the gamepad and Wii U pro controller. Also releasing titles that show off what this sucker is truly capable of could'nt hurt. 

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

dont listen to someone that says your idea is dumb

#29 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

illK6U.gif

Jim-Carrey-in-Dumb-and-Du-010.jpg

I guess you could say that the people on this forum just keep getting dumber and dumber.

YEAH.JPG

Edited by R00bot, 05 March 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

I guess you could say that the people on this forum just keep getting dumber and dumber.

YEAH.JPG

That made me laugh. They are making a brand new film too with original cast.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#31 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

people won't buy a console if there are no games for it, thats the fact of the matter, nothing Nintendo can do can change this, if someone hasn't already got a WiiU who knows the WiiU's situation they won't buy one because of backwards compatibility or a trade-in scheme,

Well, I do agree generally games are needed and that these ideas won't work. However, a lot of people have bought the PS4 and Xbox One and there's not a whole lot of great must have titles for those.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#32 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

If Wii U does fail (it's still too early to tell) Nintendo can afford the loss, if anything it will just make them work harder.

No company can afford a lose, least of all Sony and Nintendo, the former due to their financial woes and the latter due to their increasing irrelevancy in a market they once dominated.

Also why would anyone trade in a system that has plenty of good games for a system which has no must have games? The Wii U isn't worth the investment and a Wii trade in programme won't change that.

If the Wii U had some compelling games I'd agree, but no one with an ounce of intelligent would trade their Wii in for a Wii U.

Well, I do agree generally games are needed and that these ideas won't work. However, a lot of people have bought the PS4 and Xbox One and there's not a whole lot of great must have titles for those.

They buy them for the present and the future. Both the Xbox One and PS4 will have a vast library of games while the Wii U is plagued by game droughts.

Out of all the consoles the one that offers the least value for money is the Wii U.

#33 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

The least value for money? Don't make me laugh.

Um, £430 for Xbone at launch with additional Xbox Live subscription just to use an additional subscription like Lovefilm/Netflix and your saying Wii U offers LESS value for money...WOW.

Let's see, Wii U offers free online, free Miiverse and tons of discounts while being the cheapest next gen console with arguably the best exclusives around. PS4 offers much more value than Xbone with it's more powerful hardware and a subscription that people get their money out off, whilst being considerably cheaper than Xbone.

Any fool can see that.

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

No company can afford a lose, least of all Sony and Nintendo, the former due to their financial woes and the latter due to their increasing irrelevancy in a market they once dominated.

Also why would anyone trade in a system that has plenty of good games for a system which has no must have games? The Wii U isn't worth the investment and a Wii trade in programme won't change that.

If the Wii U had some compelling games I'd agree, but no one with an ounce of intelligent would trade their Wii in for a Wii U.

They buy them for the present and the future. Both the Xbox One and PS4 will have a vast library of games while the Wii U is plagued by game droughts.

Out of all the consoles the one that offers the least value for money is the Wii U.

The Wii U might have the least value, but that doesn't mean the loads of Nintendo franchises don't make the system worth it. Heck, Smash Bros alone makes the Wii U a worthy investment, and that's not including games like Wonderful 101, Mario, DKTF, Pikman 3, ZombiU,X, Bayonneta 2 and any other game coming out this year and all ready out. Yes, they aren't out yet, but apparently the future promise of games Is enough for those gamers to buy those systems, should be enough to buy a Wii U.

And, truthfully, why do you need third party games when you have a PS3 /PS4/XB1/360? A lot of gamers these days buy more than one console. I'm on me of them.

#35 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Making excuses for Nintendo won't alter the fact that they are heading towards irrelevancy. Only a small percentage of gamers want a Wii U. Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros won't change that.

#36 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

While it's obviously not a "killer app" or "must have," I got a lot of value out of NintendoLand.  My brother and I put over 100 hours on it- $3.50 an hour is a decent ROI as far as entertainment goes.  It wouldn't surprise me if we have 300 hours on it by the end of the system life cycle, as we still play it every now and then and the kids like it.  

At any rate, I think DKTF, Pikmin, W101, SMB3DW, Rayman (considering it's the definitive verstion) have justified my purchase and then to a lesser extent NSMBU, NintendoLand, Game & Wario, Wii Party U, Sonic, Sonic & Mario at Sochi have made the system very much worthwhile- When Mario Kart 8 comes, this is where I will put most of my time.  And I haven't even mentioned the 3rd party games that i play.

As for the OP, Nintendo needs to speed up their development and then also do whatever they can to get other developers to produce games for it.  

The Wii U might have the least value, but that doesn't mean the loads of Nintendo franchises don't make the system worth it. Heck, Smash Bros alone makes the Wii U a worthy investment, and that's not including games like Wonderful 101, Mario, DKTF, Pikman 3, ZombiU,X, Bayonneta 2 and any other game coming out this year and all ready out. Yes, they aren't out yet, but apparently the future promise of games Is enough for those gamers to buy those systems, should be enough to buy a Wii U.

And, truthfully, why do you need third party games when you have a PS3 /PS4/XB1/360? A lot of gamers these days buy more than one console. I'm on me of them.

#37 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

While it's obviously not a "killer app" or "must have," I got a lot of value out of NintendoLand. My brother and I put over 100 hours on it- $3.50 an hour is a decent ROI as far as entertainment goes. It wouldn't surprise me if we have 300 hours on it by the end of the system life cycle, as we still play it every now and then and the kids like it.

At any rate, I think DKTF, Pikmin, W101, SMB3DW, Rayman (considering it's the definitive verstion) have justified my purchase and then to a lesser extent NSMBU, NintendoLand, Game & Wario, Wii Party U, Sonic, Sonic & Mario at Sochi have made the system very much worthwhile- When Mario Kart 8 comes, this is where I will put most of my time. And I haven't even mentioned the 3rd party games that i play.

As for the OP, Nintendo needs to speed up their development and then also do whatever they can to get other developers to produce games for it.

Exactly.

#38 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Nintendo needs a huge marketing campain starting now, the world needs to know about
Wii U.

Wii U has lots of good first and 3rd party.

Remember a good marketing campain right now will boost wii u sales.

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Haha.

Nintendo needs a huge marketing campain starting now, the world needs to know about
Wii U.

Wii U has lots of good first and 3rd party.

Remember a good marketing campain right now will boost wii u sales.

You're officially above Sailtheseas in my books. Good job, kid.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

Definitely. Even things like Virtual Console games are taking forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!