• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Pretty much what Socialmuscle said. E3 2012 is a lesson in controlling one's expectations.

#42 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think that Nintendo are going to announce a lot via Nintendo Direct and have E3 more as a large demo of the games. Which is why I think it'll be much more NFC and duel gamepad orientated. However I still think a few surprises will be announced like Retro's IP

#43 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

i know it wont happen anytime soon, but im desperate for a new DK game

#44 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:09 AM.

#45 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Remember to control your expectations guys.

Thanks man. I was getting on the hype train... :)
Posted Image

#46 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Thanks man. I was getting on the hype train... :)

I've been on the hype train since January 23 lol

#47 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

i believe in Nintendo more than i ever have that they are gonna BLOW our minds at E3. seriously from all the rumors and things we know they have held back i think they are aware they need a HUGE E3. ps4 and 720 will be there in full effect. i expect all the negative articles and fanboy opinions to run dry after E3.

#48 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Nintendo really NEED to blow some minds in order to compete with the 720 and PS4 shows. Especially if the PS4 and 720 are playable this E3

#49 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Mario 3D and Mario Kart at E3. How can someone control the hype now? :D

There will be a few surprises for sure!

#50 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

The only thing that'd excite me more about the Nintendo E3 conference is if Sega surprised us with a new console. Because at heart I've always been a Sega kid, especially during the 3rd and 4th generation. Come the 5th, and 6th and 7th I've been more of a Sonytendo man. With My Playcube 2, and My PSWii last gen. This gen I'm hoping to be a WiiS4 person

If Nintendo fail at E3 and Nintendo Directs this year I think it could be a blow that Nintendo could take a long time to recover

Edited by Penguin101, 12 March 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#51 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

I am looking forward to everything you listed, and I'm hoping for a few surprises. I know it's not a good idea to get too excited, because two E3 conferences in a row have been huge let-downs, but I can't help it.

I just want Nintendo to finally show us what an amazing year they have planned for us!

#52 dkrumble725

dkrumble725

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Chrono Trigger, SMT, DKC, and alot more.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I will be officially pissed if there is no Metroid or Star Fox announcement. Even if it's just a tease, I need something. Preferably from Retro Studios. 

i know it wont happen anytime soon, but im desperate for a new DK game

There is, of course the 3DS version of DKC Returns, but that doesn't really qualify as "new." I'm pretty excited about that one anyway, because... DKCR Portable!

Posted Image
I SHALL PASS WITH RAMBI

#53 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I will be officially pissed if there is no Metroid or Star Fox announcement. Even if it's just a tease, I need something. Preferably from Retro Studios. 

There is, of course the 3DS version of DKC Returns, but that doesn't really qualify as "new." I'm pretty excited about that one anyway, because... DKCR Portable!

yeah, plus no "waggling" the wii mote all the time

#54 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

My ideal lineup would be (basically a dream lineup, yet kept within realistic bounds not to go too nuts)

1)      OS Update – will allow the use of a second gamepad, Promises of continuing slim-lining over the coming years to improve services and quality.

2)      Miiverse Upgrade – between 2013 and 2015 Miiverse will undergo changes.Including miiverse app, and promises of possible stuff to compete with PS4's social features

3)      Nintendoland DLC – FREE DLC second gamepad use ONLY [available to play]

4)      Mario Universe - Possible optional second Luigi gamepad play [available to play]

5)      Mario Kart U - Multi gamepad with multiplayer to help with split-screen issues [availavle to play]

6)      SmashBros Universe (3DS save compatible, DLC fighters and arenas possible in future etc) [available to play]

7)      Star-Fox U - Another game designed for optional second gamepad use and a strong online multi-player environment (possible 3DS version too?!)  [available to play]

8)      Yoshi’s Yarn [preview trailer]

9)      Legend of Zelda:  Wind Waker [demo shown/available] 

10)   Legend of Zelda: U - Title announced, more details, and maybe some artwork, but nothing else shown until E3 2014

11)   Ubisoft to come up on stage - Watch_Dogs U and AC IV U trailer and  Zombi 2 U announcement  no trailer, just announcement.  

12)   Platinum games comes up talks about Wonderful 101, and shows Bayonetta 2 [demo available] 

13)   Capcom come up on stage give their support to Wii U

14)   Monolithsoft finally unveils next Xeno with onstage demo

15)   Retro finally show of their awesome project and blow some minds.

16)   Nintendo Direct 3DS event to follow after E3 event

what about some new games & new ip's ?

the zelda & mario kart games etc have been known about since the WiiU was announced.

#55 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

what about some new games & new ip's ?

the zelda & mario kart games etc have been known about since the WiiU was announced.

Everyone talks about new IP's like they are super simple to come up with.  Ideas for video games take a long time to flesh out, longer to develop, and in and of themselves present a huge risk surface to the producing company.  Why else is everyone else just making sports games and different variations of shooters.

#56 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Everyone talks about new IP's like they are super simple to come up with.  Ideas for video games take a long time to flesh out, longer to develop, and in and of themselves present a huge risk surface to the producing company.  Why else is everyone else just making sports games and different variations of shooters.

Nintendo have pots of cash though, why don't they spend it on developing some games for us WiiU owners ?

#57 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Nintendo have pots of cash though, why don't they spend it on developing some games for us WiiU owners ?

I have to agree there, but I hope that's what they have been so hush hush about with regard to Retro.  

The only thing that'd excite me more about the Nintendo E3 conference is if Sega surprised us with a new console. Because at heart I've always been a Sega kid, especially during the 3rd and 4th generation. Come the 5th, and 6th and 7th I've been more of a Sonytendo man. With My Playcube 2, and My PSWii last gen. This gen I'm hoping to be a WiiS4 person

If Nintendo fail at E3 and Nintendo Directs this year I think it could be a blow that Nintendo could take a long time to recover

I was a Wii60, then sold my Wii and became a PS360C.

I was always against Sega growing up.  I hated their commercials, lol.

Edited by routerbad, 14 March 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#58 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I have to agree there, but I hope that's what they have been so hush hush about with regard to Retro.  

I was a Wii60, then sold my Wii and became a PS360C.

I was always against Sega growing up.  I hated their commercials, lol.

Where I lived all the cool kids had Sega consoles  B) ....Until the PlayStation came along! :laugh:

#59 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Where I lived all the cool kids had Sega consoles  B) ....Until the PlayStation came along! :laugh:

I was a nintendo geek growing up.  I had a NES and a gameboy, then an SNES.  

#60 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Even though I already have it on Xbox. Make this happen. Please?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!