• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#61 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 03:10 AM.

#62 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Even though I already have it on Xbox. Make this happen. Please?

A thousand times YES! Ah damn didn't quote the image, anyway for those scathing their heads it was the MGS HD collection including Twin Snakes!

I've changed my mind about an E3 line-up.I think it needs to be split in two, one this April coinciding with the Spring Update with Nintendo Direct and secondly with E3. this way you get twice the game anouncments, and don't have to explain your way through 14 odd IPs

Here's my lineup!

Nintendo Direct April 2013

1)      OS Upgrade – slimlines the OS exit times up to 75% in places. Release after Nintendo Direct.

2)      Mario Universe - We get maybe a few bits of gameplay footage, maybe a trailer, some gameplay details. Release Fall 2013

3)      Mario Kart U - We get a gameplay trailer and full details on gameplay mechanics, Release Summer 2013

4)      Platinum games  talks about release of  Wonderful 101 release this Spring, and finally shows a gameplay trailer Bayonetta 2 (2013), Release for Holiday 2013.

5)      I'd LOVE to have a surprise announcement by Konami about bringing MGS HD collection to the Wii U, it's unlikely but one can only dream

6)      Pikmin 3, finally an update on the release date, maybe with some extra gameplay details because there must be a reason for the delay. Release Spring 2013.

7)      Pokemon Rumble U. Release date and trailer. Summer 2013

8)      Smash Bros U – Think a teaser trailer showing the newcomers and maybe the 3DS comparability will be released. Release date "some point in 2013"

9)      Yoshi’s Epic Yarn –  More details revealed. No defianate release date "some point in 2014"

10)   Legend of Zelda Wind Waker – I think there's a possibility of a trailer here. Maybe even more gameplay details announced. Of course an update on the progress of Zelda U, and hey maybe even some information on Zelda 3DS!

Then by E3 we can have

1)      OS Update, will allow the use of a second gamepad, increese loading times for apps up to 75%, possibly Nintendo Tvii for Europe and other regions that don't have it. 

2)      Miiverse Upgrades over the next three years, release of miiverse.com after E3 event, the Miiverse App in 2014 and adding more miiiverse features to compete with PS4's features.

3)      Nintendoland DLC – These new free to download games will be available from announcement on the Nintendo eShop. However require the second gamepad to be used. Available when Second gamepad goes on sale.

4)      Wii Fit U demo. Release December 2013

5)      I'd love Star-Fox U to have an announcement including a 3DS counterpart for 2014.

6)      Legend of Zelda:  Wind Waker – Live Demo available to play.

7)      Legend of Zelda: U update, maybe even some gameplay details, artwork, maybe even a title. 2014

8)       Ubisoft to show off trailer of Watch_Dogs U, ACIV etc with a quick teaser announcement that they are indeed working on Zombi 2: U

9)      Platinum to show Bayonetta 2 demo. Release for December 2013

10)   I'd LOVE Capcom come up on stage give their support to Wii U with Resident Evil 1 and 0 getting both a Wii U HD remake along with a 3DS version of the game. As well of course as Code Veronica and RE4: HD .Maybe even announcing their Panta Rhei  engine support for the system. Hell if I really wanna dream big Resi 2 remake exclusive, or Dino Crisis reboot exclusive. Again one can only dream.

11)   Monolithsoft finally unveils Xenoblade Chronicles 2. No release date, but more gameplay details.

12)   Retro games announce their IP - mind-blowing trailer! 

13)   Nintendo Direct 3DS event to follow to show upcoming 3DS titles.

Edited by Penguin101, 17 March 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#63 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Grrr, I stated this already in my status, but I can't wait for E3 to come already. It's just about 3 months away. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#64 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I've been on the hype train since January 23 lol

Lol can u handle it?
THIS E3 NEEDS SSB4

Edited by Alianjaro, 18 March 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Lol can u handle it?
THIS E3 NEEDS SSB4

I really want SSB4 to be announced earlier and playable at E3 instead. SSB4 IMO needs to be one of the titles sold during the holiday season. Nothing like a fighting game to settle those family feuds. 

#66 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

do have a fear that retro might be over hyped..., but still surprise those who dont know about it.

#67 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I have a feeling that the game wasn't up to scratch last E3

#68 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

do have a fear that retro might be over hyped..., but still surprise those who dont know about it.

Aye, this popped in my head, though has Retro brought us anything that wasn't gold yet?

I don't think there is such a thing as over hyped with Retro, they'll deliver no matter how much hype there is ^^ .

Edited by TheSparrow87, 19 March 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#69 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I really want SSB4 to be announced earlier and playable at E3 instead. SSB4 IMO needs to be one of the titles sold during the holiday season. Nothing like a fighting game to settle those family feuds. 

LOL exactly. But what really hypes me up about that is that, when you look at how each game was so much bigger and better that the previous one, alongside with being more popular. The first one had 12 characters, Melee had 26 and brawl had 39 (counting pokemon trainer as 3, zelda/sheik as 2 and Samus/Zero Suit Samus as 2). Now the development team is much bigger and, while adding characters, they will add more features since Sakurai believes that "growing only in volume is not enough". AW I'm on the hype train.................

Posted Image

#70 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

LOL exactly. But what really hypes me up about that is that, when you look at how each game was so much bigger and better that the previous one, alongside with being more popular. The first one had 12 characters, Melee had 26 and brawl had 39 (counting pokemon trainer as 3, zelda/sheik as 2 and Samus/Zero Suit Samus as 2). Now the development team is much bigger and, while adding characters, they will add more features since Sakurai believes that "growing only in volume is not enough". AW I'm on the hype train.................

Well since the Development team is doubled because Namco-Bandi are adding their experience and resources into it, we should get not only a slight innovation from the dev team that made Tekken Tag 2, but a classic SSB experience as well with the veterans overseeing it all, as well as diving in with development. Having a third party involved with first party games is the best move Nintendo has made when it comes to getting lots of new titles out in a very short time period. It also means any important titles they really need to take time on themselves like Zelda etc are done well and aren't rushed.

I fully expect a flow of at least an average of one new first party title coming out every 2 months from Nintendo from April onwards with this strategy.

#71 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well since the Development team is doubled because Namco-Bandi are adding their experience and resources into it, we should get not only a slight innovation from the dev team that made Tekken Tag 2, but a classic SSB experience as well with the veterans overseeing it all, as well as diving in with development. Having a third party involved with first party games is the best move Nintendo has made when it comes to getting lots of new titles out in a very short time period. It also means any important titles they really need to take time on themselves like Zelda etc are done well and aren't rushed.

I fully expect a flow of at least an average of one new first party title coming out every 2 months from Nintendo from April onwards with this strategy.

that would imply that they would not only focus on Mario and Zelda. Hopefully what you say is true... My body cant handle it anymore!!!!!
Posted Image

#72 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

that would imply that they would not only focus on Mario and Zelda. Hopefully what you say is true... My body cant handle it anymore!!!!!

Well from what i gather, the 3D Mario title, Pikmin 3, Retro's IP, and Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Zelda U are all Nintendo only teams. I guess because these games Nintendo feel no other third party studios can be trusted with yet. But I believe Mario Kart and SSB4 (and possibly a couple others) are being co-developed between Nintendo and a third party, because Nintendo just don't have the resources to tackle every Nintendo title on their own especially at the rate they want to be able to pump titles out at (plus a lot of third parties would give their right nut not work on a Nintendo IP) and they need to build good relationships with third parties too. So they throw them a bone and not only do they get more titles done at same time, but third parties begin to love working with Nintendo. This is why I hope Nintendo throws Crytek a bone soon because CryEngine 3 on either a new IP or an IP that uses a more realistic art style such as Eternal Darkness would look AMAZING on that engine.

Edited by Penguin101, 19 March 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#73 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Will we get Battlefield 4, Modern Warfare 4, and Grand Theft Auto V. We will find out.

Maybe, yes, no.
No sig.

#74 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Since Ruby and Sapphire, each generation of mainstream Pokemon games have usually follow the pattern of 2 games, a third "update" game (which in this case would be Z) and two remakes, the only exceptions were Black 2 and White 2 which was done by a side team at Game Freak to bridge the 2 year release gap between the X & Y and original Black and White, while the main team was working on X and Y.

*A buzzer is heard*

No, since GEN 1!!!! There was Red, blue/green then Yellow. In GEN 2, there was Gold, Silver then Crystal. In GEN 3, there's Ruby, Sapphire then, Emerald. In GEN 4, there's Diamond, Pearl then, Platinum. GEN 5 is the only exception to this rule with two main games but no 3rd game : Black & White and Black 2 & White 2. There was no "grey" or "grey 2".

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#75 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Aye, this popped in my head, though has Retro brought us anything that wasn't gold yet?

I don't think there is such a thing as over hyped with Retro, they'll deliver no matter how much hype there is ^^ .

there teams are interchanged regurly, but one of the reasons might be they arnt allowed to release crap wich means they are required to work hard... or just dont like nintendo's way of operating.

#76 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

*A buzzer is heard*
No, since GEN 1!!!! There was Red, blue/green then Yellow. In GEN 2, there was Gold, Silver then Crystal. In GEN 3, there's Ruby, Sapphire then, Emerald. In GEN 4, there's Diamond, Pearl then, Platinum. GEN 5 is the only exception to this rule with two main games but no 3rd game : Black & White and Black 2 & White 2. There was no "grey" or "grey 2".

I was referring to gens with remakes.

#77 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well from what i gather, the 3D Mario title, Pikmin 3, Retro's IP, and Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Zelda U are all Nintendo only teams. I guess because these games Nintendo feel no other third party studios can be trusted with yet. But I believe Mario Kart and SSB4 (and possibly a couple others) are being co-developed between Nintendo and a third party, because Nintendo just don't have the resources to tackle every Nintendo title on their own especially at the rate they want to be able to pump titles out at (plus a lot of third parties would give their right nut not work on a Nintendo IP) and they need to build good relationships with third parties too. So they throw them a bone and not only do they get more titles done at same time, but third parties begin to love working with Nintendo. This is why I hope Nintendo throws Crytek a bone soon because CryEngine 3 on either a new IP or an IP that uses a more realistic art style such as Eternal Darkness would look AMAZING on that engine.

Yea that's totally true Nintendo started to build great relationship with 3rd parties. Just looking at big series like Monster Hunter shifting to Nintendo is a great proof of how they want third parties. And their contribution to ssb4 (namco bandai) is nothing but pure awesomeness.

Posted Image

#78 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

-Well... SSB4, Mario Kart U, and new Mario 3D game have already been announced to make an appearance.  

-I can't imagine Nintendo not showing Retro's game, as it's been in development for quite some time now, and they know that everyone is waiting for it. If they don't show it, that's a huge mistake

-The new X game will make an appearance, or at least be mentioned, but I doubt it will be a giant part of the show

-Miyamoto has told the public that he's working on new IP's with new Nintendo employees, so I'm sure at least one new IP will be included in the show. Hopefully something more geared toward mature audiences for all those 'Nintendo is a baby company' folks out there

-New Call of Duty game will be shown, maybe not at Nintendo's conference, but it will be on the console regardless. Battlefield on the otherhand... I don't know if that one will make it to us guys :/

-That Fire Emblem cross game will hopefully be there, but being realistic, if it is, not much will be shown

-Miiverse updates WILL be mentioned, and they will probably announce a release date for the app and 3DS versions of it. They better, we've been waiting for a while now honestly

-OS updates will also be talked about. The first one we're getting was said to be coming in the spring, and the next one was in the summer, so they'll talk about what that one is gonna do

-Show more of their '3rd party support' that they're getting. Hopefully more than just ports this time xD

Now this stuff is only Wii U stuff (Well the majority), so if Nintendo throws in surprises like it did in E3 2010 (It was soooooooooooooo good!), I think we've got everything taken care of! Liiiiiike if they show anything Earthbound related or Pokemon Snap related... I think I'll cry

But yeah, I'm so pumped for it, I'm really hoping to be blown away

#79 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Looking forward to Smash bros news,Bayonetta 2 and what retro are working on :) !!

I'd love to see more third party support really also.

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#80 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1.png

I've got my ticket and I'm proud of it. WHOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted Image