Photo

Would Ps3/360 owners switch to the Wii U or wait for ps4/720?

PS4 xbox720 Wii U

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Keep the ps3/360 or get the Wii U? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you keep your ps3/360 or Sell it for the Wii U or Just have both?

1. I would keep my ps3/360 and wait for the next genaration from PS/MS (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I would just keep my ps3/360 and still buy the Wii U (11 votes [64.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

3. I would just sell my ps3/360 and get the Wii U (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. NONE cuz im a PC owner! (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FireBoost06

FireBoost06

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

I currently own a ps3 and im really confuse if i should make the switch. NaughtyDog claims that they PS3 and playstation vita offer similar expirience like the Wii U controller. Also I'm a bit worry that the Wii U will just turn out to be another Wii when the PS3/720 comes out. Should i be worry??? I have enough money to have both but I'll probably not play my ps3 at all. Should i sell my ps3 for the Wii U or buy the Wii U while still keeping my PS3 and then sell my PS3 for the Ps4/720?

Edited by Jerson, 07 August 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

I'll keep my PS3 for Sly 4, and I'll definitely be getting the Wii U for all of my favorite franchises making the jump to HD, and the new gameplay possibilities offered by the new controller.
Posted Image

#3 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

The Wii U won't end up in the same situation as the Wii did. Best scenario for Nintendo is it ending up as the PS2 of the next generation. I'd keep my PS3/360, buy the Wii U and then sell the PS3/360 for the PS4/Xbox 720 when it comes out.

Edited by NinjaShock, 06 August 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

The Wii U won't end up in the same situation as the Wii did. Best scenario for Nintendo is it ending up as the PS2 of the next generation. I'd keep my PS3/360, buy the Wii U and then sell the PS3/360 for the PS4/Xbox 720 when it comes out.

I agree with this very statement. Nintendo knows what they did wrong with the Wii, and I'm sure they are going to fix that problem with the Wii U.
Third Parties are keen to make something for this console; hardware is going to be stronger than the PS3/Xbox 360; it's Nintendo = Major First party games.
I'm sure Nintendo has this in the bag.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

Nintendo will own 2012. No seriously (and not being a fanboy).
- 3DS' first true burst of happiness will be in this year, with titles like Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2, Welcome to Animal Crossing, Heroes of Ruin etc. Which will follow pretty much after Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.
- The Wii U will probably exist next year. I don't think I've heard anything about it being very late next year or early 2013. I hope not.
- PS3 and XBox360 will lose the advantage they've had over Nintendo this previous generation: 3rd Party 'power'. I say 'power' as in 3rd Parties weren't as inclined to develop for the Wii due to low power in comparison to the other two.
- The 3DS will have been firmly established, or at least to a decent amount. Nintendo are really trying to redeem the 3DS, and hopefully they succeed.
- Vita has been delayed to 2012 outside of Japan. Also, it would take a long time in the course of the next year to eclipse the 3DS, due to the head start, missing out on the Christmas season and the AAA of the 3DS rivalling its' launch.
- Microsoft's 3rd Xbox iteration is supposed to be unveiled at E3 2012. This is my only concern. If the Wii U isn't out before then, it is possible that it may do a 3DS. For those unaware, another aspect hurting the sales of the 3DS were people waiting for the Vita. If the Wii U isn't out beforehand, and Microsoft does the opposite of what they did this year (lol), people might wait for it instead of getting the Wii U.

Yeah, I could be being too optimistic, but why not? Isn't it good to be happy?
-

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

There will be some Sony/Microsoft fanboys who won't ever consider buying another console, but I can see quite a few PS3/Xbox 360 owners getting the Wii U if it has good third party support.

#7 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

I'm not selling my PS3, sorry but the Wii U's not that good. As for people like my bro who even though they like Nintendo's first party offerings they prefer having a bigger mix of third party they don't have much of a reason yet except for Killer Freaks and Lego City Stories. A lot of them would buy the Wii U if there was a HD Zelda on the table. The Wii U is doing well though by getting games that the other consoles get Arkham City, Metro: Last Light etc it just needs something a little more now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#8 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

I currently own a ps3 and im really confuse if i should make the switch. NaughtyDog claims that they PS3 and playstation vita offer similar expirience like the Wii U controller. Also I'm a bit worry that the Wii U will just turn out to be another Wii when the PS3/720 comes out. Should i be worry??? I have enough money to have both but I'll probably not play my ps3 at all. Should i sell my ps3 for the Wii U or but the Wii U while still keeping my PS3 and then sell my PS3 for the Ps4/720?

The vita is an upgraded version of the Gameboy advance connecting to Gamecube, The Wii U does more then the Vita and the only reason that a "wii" console ever existed is because of the jump from standard to HD and Nintendo saw more profit by staying in standard which was a succes and now that the Wii U does 1080p the chances of it bieng another Wii is literally 0% i'm not a fanboy i barely like 1st party nintendo except for 1 and the Wii U is the real deal but you shouldn't sell you're Ps3 for it, if the Ps3 gets boring for a long time then yeah you should sell it.

1367065580450s.jpg

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Wait!

Do you have to sell your PS360 to get the Wii U. Why not have both?
I think that's more of a win than anything.

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have a Wii no shuch HD console of Sony or Microsoft is in my house. (PC is different because that is Toshiba) I would just keep my old console and buy the Wii U I still have my Game Cube and still have my original PC, 1997 Gateway oh yeah ran The Need For Speed just fine.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#11 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm not much of a fan of selling my consoles just because another brand new console comes out. What I'm going to do is keep both of my two PS3's and my Xbox360 and also buy a Wii U.

#12 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

I'm not much of a fan of selling my consoles just because another brand new console comes out. What I'm going to do is keep both of my two PS3's and my Xbox360 and also buy a Wii U.

Why do you have two PS3's?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#13 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Sony have been pushing the PS3 and Vita combo, but it is not the same as the Wii U.

The PS3 can stream a game to the Vita over PSN using a feature called "remote play". Excellent though this is for owners of both devices, it is not the same thing as the Wii U.

Using "remote play" in the same room as your PS3 will, in theory, allow you to control the game with the Vita, including using that devices touch screen and gyros, and watch the game on your T.V. I'm assuming that Sony have solved any latency issues, since the connection is online and not bluetooth, if not this claim would come back to slap them in the face.

So far, so good, but we do not know if the Vita can show a different display to that on the main screen, as the Wii U can and more importantly developers will not be able to create games knowing that every PS3 owner will also have a Vita, but they know every Wii U owner will have their second screen and controls.

Then there is the price. We don't know how much a Wii u will cost, but I'm betting it ill be less than a PS3 and a Vita.

So they are not the same thing.

#14 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

None cuz im a Wii owner!

You forgot that option :(
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

The PS4 and Xbox720 won't really be that much more advanced than the Wii U in terms of graphics. After all, 1080p is the absolute highest detail that the human eye can recognize, so if the Wii U already has next-gen graphics (by comparison to the PS3/Xbox360) then the only thing that the PS4/Xbox720 can do is get equal with the Wii U. And I'm not really expecting the PS4/Xbox720 until 2014 at the earliest.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm actually looking forward to how Sony and Microsoft enter the next generation. Gameplay, not graphics, are going to be the deal sealers of the next gen. We've already seen a lot of praise to the Wii U by devs, saying that the options of gameplay have expanded a lot because of it.

What Sony and Microsoft develop to rival the Wii U. That is what is interesting to me. Will they make unique controllers (that copy the Wii U derp), or will they stick with what they have now and enhance them.

Also, I'm with SPW. WHERE'S DA WII OPTION?!

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

I have not even had my PS3 for a year yet so I am not going to sell it and I dont have an Xbox 360 though I am planning on getting one sometime. But even if I had both the PS3 and the 360 since launch I would not sell them I would just save up for the Wii U. Actually I have never sold any of my systems.

#18 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Also, I'm with SPW. WHERE'S DA WII OPTION?!

I GOTZ FOLLOWAZ! XD

Anyways, no to the question unless they are open-minded or have a Wii, too. Especially no to the Sony and Micro fanboys. They're stuck up about that Ninty has no good graphics or games and that innovation doesn't matter.

Also, this isn't the most unbiased place to ask. :(

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 09 August 2011 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#19 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

The PS4 and Xbox720 won't really be that much more advanced than the Wii U in terms of graphics. After all, 1080p is the absolute highest detail that the human eye can recognize, so if the Wii U already has next-gen graphics (by comparison to the PS3/Xbox360) then the only thing that the PS4/Xbox720 can do is get equal with the Wii U. And I'm not really expecting the PS4/Xbox720 until 2014 at the earliest.

Sigh... Is that really what you think? 1080p doesn't make much of a difference at all, hell if the Xbox 360 or PS3 were made to do 1080p it wouldn't make any difference - things would just look slightly clearer. The things you actually notice are higher poly counts, higher resolution textures, better lighting and more advanced shaders/effects.

Edited by NinjaShock, 09 August 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#20 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

I agree, I think a lot of people, including some journalists, are indulging in wishful thinking about the "next-gen".

The way I see it is if you compare games on a top end P.C. to say the Xbox, then you can see a real difference, both in graphics and A.I., the way the games responds, but then bring that to a 1080p T.V. display and the difference, in graphics is still noticeable, but not jaw-dropping and not that many will notice an improved in-game A.I. When you consider that most gamers are now playing games at 720p at 30-60 frames per second, and either don't know or don't care. Then it seems that such differences are important only to a few. Mostly game engine developers, P.C. gamers and journalists, let's face it if these differences were really important to console gamers, we would all be playing on P.C.'s.

And that is with top-end components, how much would consoles that could do this cost? Add in to this that the Wii u is already somewhat more powerful than the Xbox and PS3 and the cost for return in "next-gen, super-monster-console power", doesn't seem to add up does it?

Fanboys, and journo's, try to play it down, but Sony, and now EA, have both said that the "next-gen" is not likely to be a "big leap" in power from this. I see no reason to disbelieve them.

Edited by Mukkinese, 10 August 2011 - 05:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4, xbox720, Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!