YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

http://www.escapistm...tm_campaign=all

His comments about the console market comes at 6:30. 

It seems actually plausible when you think about it. 

Publishers have been "disappointed" with recent games not meeting their expectations when it comes to games, and the numbers show that console sales are declining. Of course this could be due to the fact that this gen is coming to a close, but I don't really think that's the cause. 

Another crash would pretty much be "unpredictable", no one would know where the direction of the gaming industry would be heading.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I know exactly were it would be heading, mobile platforms and budget consoles like game stick and ouya. Because developers don't need millions of dollars to make a game.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#3 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Crash is really an unfair term. Adjustment, or perhaps, a correction, would probably be more appropriate. The market has changed with tablets and phones being viable alternatives, and Facebook gives the masses those games they like, so they are less apt to buy hardware for a few games.

Combine this with a flood of yearly updates, and generational shifts, and you have what we are seeing with any entertainment product.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I know exactly were it would be heading, mobile platforms and budget consoles like game stick and ouya. Because developers don't need millions of dollars to make a game.

This is also true.

Mobile gaming is becoming more and more popular. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I hope not the vast majority of mobile games are crap consoles give a richer experience all round.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

it means the death of the AAA or cell phone only business model.

Middle teir will make a return.

If a b or c game turns out popular it will have earned the right to an A or AAA sequel. Not every damn game being AAA but copying every other AAA game because its too expensive to try something new and have it not be popular.

Like the way it was when it was a sustainable business model.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well...Time to build a gaming PC then.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Well...Time to build a gaming PC then.

for what there won't be any big devs left if consoles crash pc gamers won't admit it but consoles have kept pc aaa games alive for a long time now even though the tech has held them back.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

And PC's are no good for people like me who works on them all day, the last thing I want to look at when I get home is another computer /keyboard and mouse.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Well, out of the three console makers, Nintendo is the only one I see surviving this "crash". The others probably won't see value in games. Which would mean Nintendo would have gone through two crashes. (sort of. They started making The NES and released during the last crash).
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

The crash is coming and I think it's unavoidable now, people have gotten way too greedy, quick get under your tables!!!

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think handhelds are also to blame to a degree, some of the graphics of recent 3ds and vita games in my opinion are not far off consoles. There use to be a huge gap between the two.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Put better hardware in the consoles, i'd rather pay more money for somthing that lasts a good 7+ years that isn't hardware tapped untill the last couple of years.

#14 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't know if I'd call it a 'crash' because crash seems to imply that everyone and their mother goes down in flames. More likely I get the feeling that there are going to be a lot of big names in the gaming industry taking their leave/getting pushed down a huge peg. The ones that do stay around are going to be the ones who are still willing to take risks and try new things.

Developers like to blame the old hardware for the reason that their sales are going down. That the current hardware is holding back their 'innovation' and creativity. The only thing that's holding them back is themselves and publishers' fears of putting a game out there that won't sell. That's why this gen has had so many sequels and so little variety. No one is willing to take big risks on game ideas anymore and that's why their sales are going down. People are sick of playing yearly re-releases of essentially the same game. They think that by using next gen hardware they will be able to make their games shinier and get that wow factor like everyone had at the beginning of this gen so people will buy based on just looks. I don't see that happening again. 

It's going to be really interesting to sit back and watch how this next console generation plays out. I can't wait for the show to start. 

Oh hey, this is my first post. Yay!

pNgecl.gif

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

The game industry is ignorant but not suicidal. At least Nintendo and Sony aren't.

Put better hardware in the consoles, i'd rather pay more money for somthing that lasts a good 7+ years that isn't hardware tapped untill the last couple of years.

I'm pretty sure the Wii U is built to last. Sony's are generally reliable so we will have to wait and see the PS4. As for the 720 it will most likley rely on a DRM server giving it a 7 year life span at the longest.

The crash is coming and I think it's unavoidable now, people have gotten way too greedy, quick get under your tables!!!

Gloom and Doom galore. Why do so many people think the industry is that stupid.

Well, out of the three console makers, Nintendo is the only one I see surviving this "crash". The others probably won't see value in games. Which would mean Nintendo would have gone through two crashes. (sort of. They started making The NES and released during the last crash).

I'm sure Sony will stay afloat too. I'm just not that sure about the NextBox. Even if M$ has the most money no one will want a system that runs on a DRM server.

Edited by Poison, 11 April 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

it means the death of the AAA or cell phone only business model.

Middle teir will make a return.

If a b or c game turns out popular it will have earned the right to an A or AAA sequel. Not every damn game being AAA but copying every other AAA game because its too expensive to try something new and have it not be popular.

Like the way it was when it was a sustainable business model.

agreed.  The current mindset is completely unsustainable, and expecting 10+M in sales just to break even on development costs on a game that is essentially another game with a different title is getting old.

#17 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

I think handhelds are also to blame to a degree, some of the graphics of recent 3ds and vita games in my opinion are not far off consoles. There use to be a huge gap between the two.

Let's go back to the GBA era

Actually I would be fine with that. GBA was magical 

Jontron.jpg

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

^^^ I would be down with that. GBA had a massive library as well as cool handhelds. 

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Let's go back to the GBA era

Actually I would be fine with that. GBA was magical 

I miss those days.

Signature_DK.png

#20 Ashurii

Ashurii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I miss those days.

Dragonball Z Super Sonic Warriors for GBA was one of the best DBZ games even beats pretty much all the recent ones 

Jontron.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!