Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

First, a little backstory. Before the Japanese release of Pokemon Black and White, two workers at the Spanish Official Nintendo Magazine leaked the whole Pokedex, complete with fanart renditions of several unrevealed Pokemon such as Scraggy, Ferroseed and Joltik. One of them, now on Twitter under the handle @Hirobyte, has been hinting at various bits of X and Y news for a while now, and he has claimed to know the as-yet unrevealed typings of the two box legendaries and the new Eeveelution.

Apparently, and take this with a whacking great pinch of salt, the typings are...

Sylveon: Fairy
Xerneas: Fairy
Yveltal: Dark/ Flying

Obviously, a lot has happened since autumn 2010, but if this is legit and his sources are valid, we're seeing the introduction of a new Pokemon type for the first time since the second generation.

He also claims that Clefairy and maybe Togetic are being retyped as fairy.

Obviously this isn't confirmed at all, and it shouldn't be taken as such, but if this is true, it could be a big shakeup for the metagame.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=544173

Rumor as of now, but if this is true... then I'm excited!

We haven't had new types since gen two, this would definitely shake up the metagame.

Edited by Zinix, 21 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm totally fine with this. Fairy and Dark is a very nice contrast. Sylveon being this type makes a whole lot of sense, too. No current type matches up with her, definitely adds more credibility.

Take a look at the end of this video:

Sylveon is acting very Fairy-like. Again, credibility... But I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

Oh, and Bravely Default X Pokemon confirmed.

Edited by Blake, 21 April 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm totally fine with this. Fairy and Dark is a very nice contrast. Sylveon being this type makes a whole lot of sense, too. No current type matches up with her, definitely adds more credibility.

Take a look at the end of this video:

Sylveon is acting very Fairy-like. Again, credibility... But I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

Oh, and Bravely Default X Pokemon confirmed.

That video is new, right? Never seen it before. 

I agree with you. Sylveon is acting rather "fairly-like". I'm hoping this is true, I want a new type already!

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

POPULAR

Fairy type???

link%20with%20navi.jpg

Link was the original Pokemon Master!!!!

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

That video is new, right? Never seen it before. 

I agree with you. Sylveon is acting rather "fairly-like". I'm hoping this is true, I want a new type already!

Yeah, it is quite new. Movie looks neat.

#6 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'm hoping if it's true GameFreak will change fairy-type to light-type. It just sounds better and it's more logical. But then again, when do video games ever have real logic :/

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Seems exiting, I hope its true.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

kk Sylveon being a "Fairy" type just makes a TON of sense, its all pink and white and bows and stuffs it doesn't make sense for it to be any other type! (Besides maybe a different new type)

BUT Yveltal doesn't look like a fairy type, then again i have no idea what a fairy type would look like.

After a bit of researching, i found out that DARK type in japan is actually EVIL type. Thus having this FAIRY type makes sense to be the opposite of evil, this might be renamed to light in the english versions :o.

Edited by Chrop, 21 April 2013 - 10:39 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

If this is true, im hoping the type matchup will be...

Resistant to: Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, Dragon and Psychic

Immune to: Ghost

Super Effective to: Dark and Ghost

Less Effective to: Bug, Steel, Fighting, Ice and Ground

Weak to: Dark and Fighting

It would be behind Dragon as the second best type in the metagame and with Fighting type Pokemon and moves being a common sight in competitive play, it would keep Fairy from becoming too overpowered.

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

This would definately be interesting! I'm excited to see if this is true or not!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Uhhh no. Sorry I don't like that idea at all. I really don't think we need anymore types. I think 17 is enough.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

The only reason new types were introduced in the first place was for balancing. I don't think we need anymore. But they did say they were going to shake it up, so a new type isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 22 April 2013 - 05:14 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Fairy would be pretty awesome 

Posted Image

#14 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

kk Sylveon being a "Fairy" type just makes a TON of sense, its all pink and white and bows and stuffs it doesn't make sense for it to be any other type! (Besides maybe a different new type)

BUT Yveltal doesn't look like a fairy type, then again i have no idea what a fairy type would look like.

After a bit of researching, i found out that DARK type in japan is actually EVIL type. Thus having this FAIRY type makes sense to be the opposite of evil, this might be renamed to light in the english versions :o.

Not all fairies look like Fairies, they wouldn't have to be cute and cudly.

by chance

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Fairy huh...hmmm

I think a nice 2nd type would be "Beast"

only because there are quite a few pkmn and attacks that would fit this class.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Well if this is true then I suppose it's awesome news, but a new type? It took them ages to balance the game out but a new type along with retyping old Pokemon won't this seriously screw things up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!