#41 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

It seems there is no way you can delete your posts, only edit them.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#42 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

It seems there is no way you can delete your posts, only edit them.

That is intentional. If members had the ability to delete their posts at will, then everyone has the potential power to break the flow of conversation in a thread.

If you have a legitimate reason to delete a post (like having double posted), report it using the report button, and tell the management why it should be deleted.

#43 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

How about a sub forum for roleplaying? Seems a little cluttered staying in forum games

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 16 June 2011 - 10:53 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#44 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

I had an Idea for a Group. On another Forum, I'm on, there's thing called Clans, and it's this little/big group where you can make friends and have discussions about your life or something exciting. But the catch is, You have to take a test from an Admin, and they decide to what clan to put you in based on your personality. There's also two requirements on that forum:
You must have been there for a month, and have at least 30 non-spam/trolling posts.
Posted Image

#45 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

Didn't read through so maybe already mentioned, or it might already be here but I cant find it :angry:

The ability to increase (or decrease) the amount of threads/replies displayed per page. I've just always had more threads/replies per page than over here.
Specially when reading a long thread its nice to have 20-50 replies loaded in 1 go instead of flicking through pages.

#46 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Didn't read through so maybe already mentioned, or it might already be here but I cant find it :angry:

The ability to increase (or decrease) the amount of threads/replies displayed per page. I've just always had more threads/replies per page than over here.
Specially when reading a long thread its nice to have 20-50 replies loaded in 1 go instead of flicking through pages.

You can change how many posts/threads you want to see on each page here. That link should work. If not, go to User Settings, then forum settings.

#47 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

You can change how many posts/threads you want to see on each page here. That link should work. If not, go to User Settings, then forum settings.

ah cheers, can't believe I missed that :angry:

#48 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

How about a sub forum for roleplaying? Seems a little cluttered staying in forum games

I agree, sometimes its hard to find them :/. Also I think roleplays should have post count because you end up writing an awful lot of creative stuff and get no post count but someone could write one word "Welcome" in introduction thread and get one.

Edited by Epic Kirby, 17 June 2011 - 02:52 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#49 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

This makes a lot of sense to me.

I had an Idea for a Group. On another Forum, I'm on, there's thing called Clans, and it's this little/big group where you can make friends and have discussions about your life or something exciting. But the catch is, You have to take a test from an Admin, and they decide to what clan to put you in based on your personality. There's also two requirements on that forum:You must have been there for a month, and have at least 30 non-spam/trolling posts.

Can you explain this a bit further? Is it sort of like be being sorted into houses like in Hogwarts?

I agree, sometimes its hard to find them :/. Also I think roleplays should have post count because you end up writing an awful lot of creative stuff and get no post count but someone could write one word "Welcome" in introduction thread and get one.

If roleplays had their own section then maybe it would work to let post count increase in them, they usually do on other forums I've been on. I would also like someone to do a roleplay guidelines thread for roleplay noobs like me who are new to roleplaying and want to join in but don't know how.

However, I think that we would need a roleplay moderator or something to make sure people aren't posting rubbish in their because they know the post would count.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#50 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

Can you explain this a bit further? Is it sort of like be being sorted into houses like in Hogwarts?

Yes, it is like that, They have their own sections for their own clan and forum games, which doesn't clog up the main sections, and they have meet-ups in real life where you can meet the people in your clan. They have their own photo albums and discussions.
Posted Image

#51 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yes, it is like that, They have their own sections for their own clan and forum games, which doesn't clog up the main sections, and they have meet-ups in real life where you can meet the people in your clan. They have their own photo albums and discussions.

Right, thanks, I think I understand you now. What exactly would the clans be based on in this sense, like what differentiates one clan from another? For example Ravenclaw are smart, slytherin cunning etc.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#52 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

It would be nice if there was some way of knowing when one of your posts in a thread has been quoted.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#53 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

It would be nice if there was some way of knowing when one of your posts in a thread has been quoted.

There already is..
Posted Image

#54 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

You can get notifications when someone quotes a post you made. If you go here you can edit your notification options.

#55 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:38 AM

I'm glad we can't delete our own posts. I believe you can do that at 3DS forums and it's annoying.

Nah

#56 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

I'm considering it, but I don't want to be too quick to add more sections to this forum. Roleplays are still something that only a minority of our users enjoy. I'll discuss it with David and see what he thinks.

The problem with enabling post counts for roleplays is that roleplays really don't contribute that much to the overall purpose of the site - remember, we're a Wii U forum first and foremost. The reason post count is enabled in the introductions section is because I want to encourage people to greet new members to help them feel more at home.

One potential issue that may arise from enabling post counts in the RP section is that someone may spend the majority of their time RP'ing, but not really doing much outside of that section. Their insanely high post count will lead many newcomers to believe they're seasoned and knowledgeable members of the site, even though it may be that they're only here for the RP's.

Now, I'm not saying that's necessarily gonna happen, but we do want to keep the focus on Wii U discussion. At this point, we have a forum games/RP section purely as a courtesy to those of our members who are interested in engaging in that. That's why post counts aren't enabled there at this time. Again, I'll mull it over with David and see what he says.

I'm glad we can't delete our own posts. I believe you can do that at 3DS forums and it's annoying.

Yeah, that's for a reason. I'm looking into setting up a post revisioning system, too, to protect against people "blanking" their posts. Another option I've considered is placing a time limit on editing your posts, though that has the obvious drawback of making threads that rely on organization within the first post nigh impossible to maintain without bugging a mod 24/7.

#57 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

I can see you can give people positive reputation, but is there any way to give people negative?

Posted Image

#58 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:07 AM

I can see you can give people positive reputation, but is there any way to give people negative?

No, negative reputation was deliberately disabled when reputation was activated. Over at 3DS Buzz, having negative reputation enabled just caused problems, so it wasn't enabled here.

#59 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

No, negative reputation was deliberately disabled when reputation was activated. Over at 3DS Buzz, having negative reputation enabled just caused problems, so it wasn't enabled here.

Oh, I see. I was just wondering because I couldn't see it anywhere. I can see why it would be disabled, people do kind of abuse it. On Nintendo 3DS Forums, all the negative reputation I've received have been for silly and petty reasons.

Posted Image

#60 BoZ

BoZ

Goomba

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    BlazBlue.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Oh, I see. I was just wondering because I couldn't see it anywhere. I can see why it would be disabled, people do kind of abuse it. On Nintendo 3DS Forums, all the negative reputation I've received have been for silly and petty reasons.

^
This.

But then, the negative reputation never killed my points, oddly.
I kept a good 20-something, with a buttload of bad rep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!