#21 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

If it proves to be more than the FPS box the 360 was, I might buy it. But I will wait a year, at least, just to see if one system can last that long. I went through 3 360s in 3 years. Although right now the PS4 is looking pretty BA, and they have naughty dog, so it will bet ouch for Microsoft to convince me.

My first guess is that the event will be better than the one Sony put. Why? Reveal of Call of Duty! That alone is bigger than any ad campaign and will surely make people think of getting a X720 for that game.
Now, they also have Fifa`s reveal.

In terms of gaming, i`m sure MS will put a great show. The best, really.
Social connections won`t be much different than what Sony presented, give or take.

If it focus too much on media side of it and Kinect, than it will scare some people thinking it will be a console too much about media capabilities and not enough about games.

Overall, i think it will be a big show with some games on the mix - like Sony`s.

You act like PS4 isn't getting Call of Duty, when every new and modern console is getting it. Call of Duty won't sell a system, because it finds its way to every one.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

I talked to my gamestop friend who says they showed the workers the concept already and he sayz it's nothin to get too excited for...

You shouldn't believe what a GameStop employee tells you as he or she doesn't have a clue anymore then anyone of us. Its possible the higher execs at GameStop may know something but even they won't know most of the stuff regards the new console until its officially unveiled to the public.

So far its been confirmed that the new FIFA and Call Of Duty will be there. There was also a statement from Mclaren that indicates the new Forza will be there too. I'm sure Kinect 2 will also be heavily emphasized. Overall though there won't be a lot of game announcements or gameplay footage as they have already said that's what they will showcase at E3.

Personally I'm going to buy both the PS4 and the Xbox successor and already own the Wii U. The last two console generations I had all three consoles and I don't see that changing. The only thing is I will end up keeping my PS3 all be it probably replace my launch 60GB with a new slim one with a larger hard drive as the PS4 isn't backward compatible. Even if the next Xbox isn't backward compatible I will be getting rid of my Xbox 360.

I am looking forward to the next Xbox reveal but I don't think it will top the PS4 at least in hardware capabilities or games. Where it might go one better is in the multimedia streaming and playback area which I'm not that bothered about. I hardly use those services on my PS3 or Xbox 360.

#23 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Personally I'm going to buy both the PS4 and the Xbox successor and already own the Wii U. The last two console generations I had all three consoles and I don't see that changing. The only thing is I will end up keeping my PS3 all be it probably replace my launch 60GB with a new slim one with a larger hard drive as the PS4 isn't backward compatible. Even if the next Xbox isn't backward compatible I will be getting rid of my Xbox 360.

Dang...that's...alotta consoles!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#24 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

What time is this happening?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Want to know-

How much Xbox live is going to increase
Price, now that we know the subsidized version has been scrapped
How much Kinnect is forced upon the user

Oh, when did they confirm all this?

You act like PS4 isn't getting Call of Duty, when every new and modern console is getting it. Call of Duty won't sell a system, because it finds its way to every one.

CoD is one of those games that you buy on the console your friends buy it for.
Getting anything exclusive or early on one means you get an edge over the competition, or prestige faster or whatever these crazy kids are into today.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

What time is this happening?

10AM EST.

If it proves to be more than the FPS box the 360 was, I might buy it. But I will wait a year, at least, just to see if one system can last that long. I went through 3 360s in 3 years. Although right now the PS4 is looking pretty BA, and they have naughty dog, so it will bet ouch for Microsoft to convince me.

You act like PS4 isn't getting Call of Duty, when every new and modern console is getting it. Call of Duty won't sell a system, because it finds its way to every one

Call of Duty wasn't shown at the PS4 reveal though. If it is shown today, people will associate CoD with 720. Even though, yes, it's coming to PS4.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#27 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

It`s not about what consoles it will be in. It`s about with what console gamers everywhere associate the new game. That`s the marketing trick!

#28 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Hmmm the unveiling will be live streamed on You Tube today....

This week also happens to be You Tube comedy week :P

coincidence? I think not

Its sad when even Microsoft knows their consoles are a joke 

troll_face_dancing_banana_by_zorkky-d3cy

#29 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

1 hour to go

#30 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

9 minutes lets gooooo

#31 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

2 mins!   lol

#32 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

omg!! My body is re....oh wait ^^

#33 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

What a freaking terrible name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

My expectations are really low to be honest, I'm not very interested anyway.

#35 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

What a freaking terrible name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a strange name when it's the 3rd Xbox. I am guessing it's called that because they think it's the one device you need.

Edited by caryrae73, 21 May 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#36 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

ONE? O.o

#37 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

This is going to be harder to market than the wii u

#38 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

So far we know its ugly and has a crappy name :P

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 21 May 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

This is going to be harder to market than the wii u

think it will be fairly pricey too...

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#40 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Its XBOX Inception you can watch star trek while you watch star trek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!