• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I don't see how the Xbox One was disappointing. Can anyone explain how the PS4 is better than the XBOne??

Exclusives, support, and better features.

Nintendo is probably smiling so hard right now lol.

Edited by Robotic Sunshine Commander, 23 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#22 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

You know, basically every gamer out there that has ever criticized Nintendo jumped at the opportunity to insult Nintendo at the reveal of the Wii U because 'it was confusing and Nintendo was making a wrong move and they were going to die'... and all the Nintendo fans said "Just wait until they show all the games it's going to have IT'S GONNA BE SO GOOD". In fact, that's what we're still saying. "WAIT TIL E3 NINTENDO WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF"

So what their reveal sucked. Give it a little bit. I'm sure it will be cool and successful. 

#23 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

POPULAR

I don't see how the Xbox One was disappointing. Can anyone explain how the PS4 is better than the XBOne??

Xbox one Can't play used games, if you want to borrow a game from a friend or trade games, you can't do that unless you want to spend £40 on it

Microsoft teamed up with EA... do i need to go into detail?

Xbox one reveal showed how it can play tv and sports... THATS ALL THE REVEAL SHOWED!

Microsoft employee called people backwards for wanting backwards compatibility.

Xbox one needs to be connect to the internet once every 24 hours, if you wanted to play at you uncles house but he doesn't have internet, #Dealwithit you can't play your xbox one there.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#24 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

POPULAR

Holy crap I just realized something! It's the Year of Luigi right? Well, apparently like Luigi Nintendo won! 

By doing nothing!  :blink:

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#25 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Ya know, I'm OBVIOUSLY not hating but, it could just be because it's nearer to the holidays. And here we have a one week holiday soon and all the kids have finished their SATs (Type of exams) so they start buying a Wii U now. So I think it's a coincidence, but who knows, the Xbox one might have actually caused this.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#26 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Meanwhile, in Japan...

http://www.youtube.c...v=k6hVxm8l5HQ#!

Edited by Big Boss, 24 May 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#27 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

On http://www.amazon.co...g_bs_tab_t_bsms

If you look at third place (at the time I post this) there is a Earthbound (Nintendo Wii U) that have a 2,154% increase in sales

Is this the virtuel console earthbound or is it a placeholder for a new Earthbound for WII U? o.0

Also Wii U is 12th now with ZombieU on 13th ;/

#28 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

I saw this on gonintendo and I agree it's freaking hilarious!  :laugh:

#29 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

On http://www.amazon.co...g_bs_tab_t_bsms
If you look at third place (at the time I post this) there is a Earthbound (Nintendo Wii U) that have a 2,154% increase in sales
Is this the virtuel console earthbound or is it a placeholder for a new Earthbound for WII U? o.0

Also Wii U is 12th now with ZombieU on 13th ;/

It is the vc placeholder, yeah
  • Xef likes this

#30 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Before: "Nintendo's just some stupid toy, Microsoft'll blow them out of the water!"

After: "Maybe I should give ZombiU a try..."

#31 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Assuming the leaked specs are correct the ps4 and xbox one are basically the same architecture except the ps4 has 50% more gpu cores and has 8GB gddr5 unified memory instead of the xbox one's 8GB ddr3. This makes the ps4 a fair bit more power in real terms as they both have 8 jaguar cpu cores and multiple gpu cores (18 I think for ps4 and 12 for xbox one). This requires massive memory bandwidth which the ps4 has far more of than xbox one. The ps4 has slightly inferior latency in its memory but that is why there is cache memory. We don't know the final mhz speed of each console but they are predicted to be the same at something like 1.6ghz for the jaguar cores and 800mhz for the gpu. Microsoft has spent its design budet on features that integrate the xbox one with your set top box (it has hdmi in) and it includes a much more advanced kinect device.

The reason people have turned against the xbox one is because Microsoft have many restrictions for both consumers and developers. Second hand games will have additional fees to use and developers can't self-publish. Also the xbox one seems reliant on a internet connection with even single player games locked out of use if the console can't access the internet at least once a day. Then add in the horrible styling and less capable hardware than ps4 its a very non desirable package.

Also this isn't like the ps3 and xbox 360 with each having their own advantages, the ps4 as a normal console is really just a more powerful version of the xbox one. Anything the xbox one can do, the ps4 can do better.

The advantages of the xbox one are; built in kinect, exclusive games (how xbox one exclusivess will compare to ps4 we don't know but I would say the ps3 won previously) and xbox live.

The real downer with xbox one is cost of ownership, it seems Microsoft are focused on increasing their revenue in all areas.

I'm the sort of person who buys every console but currently no interest in xbox one at all. I loved the original xbox and although I had some reliability hassle with xbox 360 at the beginning still think the 360 is a great console but really don't want the new xbox at all. I'm happy to just add a ps4 to go along side my wii u.

• Xef likes this

#32 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Xbox one Can't play used games, if you want to borrow a game from a friend or trade games, you can't do that unless you want to spend £40 on it

Xbox one reveal showed how it can play tv and sports... THATS ALL THE REVEAL SHOWED!

Xbox one needs to be connect to the internet once every 24 hours, if you wanted to play at you uncles house but he doesn't have internet, #Dealwithit you can't play your xbox one there.

Ok whatever I give up

Edited by Luca, 25 May 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#33 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

The used game thing is flat-out rumor at this point, and it's more and more looking like inaccurate rumor at that.  From updated stories, it appears that there WON'T be a fee to play used games on XBOX ONE.  The "check in" system will likely be used to remove gameplay data from an installed game if their database shows the game has been sold to an approved vendor of used games, at which point someone can go to that store (Gamestop, etc...) and buy the used game, and likely get an activation code and the game disc will officially be theirs and only theirs.

Microsoft will it appears take a cut from the retailer...and yes it'll be up to the retailer to decide how or if to pass that along to the consumer...but I cant see Gamestop charging more than $55 for a used game if the new price is still $60.  They'll just have to eat it.

Yes, though, it appears that you won't be able to lend a game to a friend to play or try out, with SUCKS, but I'm thinking we'll see an increase in demos with this next-gen anyway.

I've considered a few times selling my Wii U, but I've decided to keep it, even though I only have 3 current disc games for it and Super Metroid (and Wii sports!!!).  When the first-party Nintendo stuff starts rolling in, I'll regret getting rid of it if I do.  I will for sure be getting PS4 and likely XBOX ONE since I have about $1,600 in gamestop credit I need to dump on something, but I won't abandon Wii U.

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

The used game thing is flat-out rumor at this point, and it's more and more looking like inaccurate rumor at that.  From updated stories, it appears that there WON'T be a fee to play used games on XBOX ONE.  The "check in" system will likely be used to remove gameplay data from an installed game if their database shows the game has been sold to an approved vendor of used games, at which point someone can go to that store (Gamestop, etc...) and buy the used game, and likely get an activation code and the game disc will officially be theirs and only theirs.

Microsoft will it appears take a cut from the retailer...and yes it'll be up to the retailer to decide how or if to pass that along to the consumer...but I cant see Gamestop charging more than $55 for a used game if the new price is still $60.  They'll just have to eat it.

Yes, though, it appears that you won't be able to lend a game to a friend to play or try out, with SUCKS, but I'm thinking we'll see an increase in demos with this next-gen anyway.

I've considered a few times selling my Wii U, but I've decided to keep it, even though I only have 3 current disc games for it and Super Metroid (and Wii sports!!!).  When the first-party Nintendo stuff starts rolling in, I'll regret getting rid of it if I do.  I will for sure be getting PS4 and likely XBOX ONE since I have about $1,600 in gamestop credit I need to dump on something, but I won't abandon Wii U.

No, it is/was not a rumor. It came straight out of microsofts mouth.

The reaction has microsoft backpeddling, spewing out revsed information, and lashing out at media/consumers.

However one thing has not changed, only retailers who join microsofts little resale club will be able to sell used xbone games.

That boys and girls, is a called a cartel.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

No, it is/was not a rumor. It came straight out of microsofts mouth.

The reaction has microsoft backpeddling, spewing out revsed information, and lashing out at media/consumers.

However one thing has not changed, only retailers who join microsofts little resale club will be able to sell used xbone games.

That boys and girls, is a called a cartel.

It's also a good way to get busted for price fixing in a market they should have zero say in.

#36 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Under EU law you have the right to resell even purchased downloaded games but I guess if you agree to a company's terms and conditions that state you are only leasing the right to use the software they can get away with it. No doubt on first use the xbone will ask you to agree to their terms and conditions. It would be funny if people refused this and simply returned the console for a refund as they don't agree to the terms and conditons. It would be a major headache for Microsoft but something retailers would have to accept. It might create a  re-think by Microsoft. A combination of low sales numbers and high returns would surely get Microsoft to re-consider consumer rights. Mind you I never subscribed to xbox live on the principle that its free on ps3, pc, wii and numerous other game platforms but consumers were happy to pay for xbox live. Maybe again most consumers will accept this and just pay out a lot more money again to Microsoft.

#37 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

How do you even return Xbox One games?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#38 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

How do you even return Xbox One games?

sell it to a store for 1 doller, watch as it gets delated from your xbox later that day. or sell it online to microsoft for $3 adn they deleat your it from your xbox and deactivate the disk.

#39 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

So... No more 15 day return policy?

Wait... There never was a return policy for games once the package is open, right?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#40 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nothing has been specifically confirmed by Microsoft regarding the used games policy and online requirements. There has been conflicting information released on both matters. So neither of those are confirmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!