Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm sorry but this game looked amazing and was a sequel many fans of Eternal Darkness wanted, Nintendo need to get this as an exclusive, they are utter stupid if they let this go.......

How come all of the games that become vaporware 90% of them would be amazing? They really shouldn't let this one die.

Signature_DK.png

#22 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

they have pulled the plug on the kickstarter today as well now !

Precursor Games, the development studio of ex-SIlicon Knights employees that has been attempting to fund a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness dubbed Shadow of the Eternals, will cancel both its Kickstarter campaign and its self-powered crowdfunding campaign through PayPal this Thursday, June 6. Precursor plans to re-launch the Kickstarter campaign in "just a few short weeks," at which point "exciting new developments" will be revealed.

"Since we announced this Kickstarter campaign we have seen more support from our community than we had ever hoped for," the announcement reads. "Along with this support has come a host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned. As a result, we have chosen to temporarily take down the Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns on both Kickstarter and our own website on Thursday, June 6."

Due to Kickstarter's architecture, no one that donated to the fundraising drive will be charged for their contributions. Likewise, the studio says that anyone who donated via the official Shadow of the Eternals website will receive a full refund through PayPal. As of press time, the still-active Kickstarter campaign has raised $127,364 of its $1.35 million goal. Meanwhile, donations through the game's official site have totalled at $157,545, for a combined $284,959.

http://goo.gl/IwQ9t

I put $50 into this before the Kickstarter !

I'm now pissed off :@

They clearly didn't plan a dam thing, the gaming media were already pretty negative towards this campaign & now they are having a field day which will put even more people off funding next time.

As i say i have funded this & i want the game to happen, but now i think i will pull my money out.

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sorry, I'm tight as it is. It would be sad, but not unforeseen. This happens a lot on kickstarter
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

....and now it looks like Microsoft will get it for the XBO. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes XBO exclusive....

#25 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

This game looked promising; Eternal Darkness is one of the most creative and intense survival horror games ever, and the sequel seemed to keep the atmosphere perfectly.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#26 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Fu*ck that... so I have to give them money to fund the title then more if I want to buy it? they should be the ones funding it.

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Fu*ck that... so I have to give them money to fund the title then more if I want to buy it? they should be the ones funding it.

That's kind of how Kickstarter works, and usually one of the first stretch goals is a download code or Steam Key. If the public shows interest in a game and want it released, they will back it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Well, they were asking for 1.3 million for the first episode, that's a bit much.. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#29 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Well, they were asking for 1.3 million for the first episode, that's a bit much..

I agree. Even half that is too much for a kickstarter. They should spend their time shopping around to publishers.

#30 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Supporting a kickstarter is basically like pre-ordering a game, supposing you pledge enough to be eligible for that reward (usually a little cheaper than the cost of the full game,) so you wouldn't be paying for the game twice.

Edited by Molester Man, 07 June 2013 - 11:40 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#31 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

People have been asking for an Eternal Darkness sequel for years, they get a spiritual successor, and nobody wants to cough up any dough.

Sad really.

was anyone really expecting to have to pay for a kickstarter, though?

Edited by Humble Cicero, 05 June 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Supporting a kickstarter is basically like pre-owning a game, supposing you pledge enough to be eligible for that reward (usually a little cheaper than the cost of the full game,) so you wouldn't be paying for the game twice.

I think you mean pre-ordering not pre-owning.

#33 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

They gave me & everyone else their money back the other day, i wont be bothering to fund this again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!