Photo

Why people say Wii U is "current gen", and why they're complete dumb_____.

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

No they dont. They dont even come close.

in your oppinion maybe but in mine they do

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

in your oppinion maybe but in mine they do

Your 'opinion', is factually, observably, prove-ably, hilariously, wrong, and yes, opinions can indeed be wrong.

And I suspect you know it too, or you would have posted screens of said games.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 June 2013 - 04:48 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Your 'opinion', is factually, observably, prove-ably, hilariously, wrong, and yes, opinions can indeed be wrong.

And I suspect you know it too, or you would have posted screens of said games.

Bayonetta 2 and X would like to have a word with you.

Signature_DK.png

#64 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Re-read situation, load previous save file, and try that quest again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#65 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Alex, 3dude is actually defending the Wii U by showing that X and Bayonetta 2 look amazing and can actually compare to PS4/Xbox 1 games graphically. The guy's comment (which you liked) is saying the Wii U is entirely weak and that there are PS3 games that blow every Wii U game out of the water.

#66 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

i now see the wii u as a last gen console with more ram and slightly sharper graphics,some of the new ps3 games that are coming out blow what i have seen for the wii u out the water :( x was there most impressive game imo but compare that to the ps4/xbox 1 games and it falls way short

What PS3 game comes close to looking as good as Bayonetta 2, X, Mario Kart, or even Wind Waker? 

Edited by Rod Serling, 13 June 2013 - 08:25 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#67 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

What PS3 game comes close to looking as good as Bayonetta 2, X, Mario Kart, or even Wind Waker?

Come on now. I love Wind Waker, but even in 1080p its hard to say that it outclasses GOW Ascention. As for Mario Kart, the more I watch the footage the more and more impressed I am with it. Lets face it, Sonic All Star Racing is a nice looking game, but it runs at 30fps (most of the time) and doesnt look nearly as nice as Mario Kart 8. Of if we try to compare Little Big Planet Karting to Mario Kart 8 the disparity is just as large. The Wii U is quickly outclassing the 360/PS3, but at the same time its not by nearly the same margin that X1/PS4 are doing.

Bayonetta 2 is an easy comparison because Bayonetta exist for 360/PS3, and was considered a pretty nice looking game on those consoles. Bayonetta 2 outclasses the original in all areas, and the overall package looks quite a bit nicer.

The good thing is that even though games look better these days, its not like that suddenly makes PS3/360 games look like garbage. Your best looking 360/PS3 games are still going to look great, but when you do a back to back comparison with new games on the X1/PS4, its only then that they start to look pretty dated.

Edited by Goodtwin, 13 June 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Im actually pretty confused with ww hd. I notice a looooooooooot of original cube assets including the horrible (even back on cube) flat treeline on top of outset island.

wtf?

It seems they just redid some npc models, lighting, probably switched to ww's original uncompressed textures and called it a day.

I dig that they load the entirety of the great ocean at once enabling hyper speed travel, and only use the islands high lod's though, but still, I expected a bit more.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Im actually pretty confused with ww hd. I notice a looooooooooot of original cube assets including the horrible (even back on cube) flat treeline on top of outset island.
wtf?
It seems they just redid some npc models, lighting, probably switched to ww's original uncompressed textures and called it a day.
I dig that they load the entirety of the great ocean at once enabling hyper speed travel, and only use the islands high lod's though, but still, I expected a bit more.

I'm with you.

#70 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

I agree with you guys, I thought they were going to entirely redo the games graphics, but thats simply not the case.  Lighting and shadows are both a lot better, and its 1080p, also hearing that it may be 60fps, but other than that not much was done.  This is a game that should cost $40, but Nintendo will most likely charge $60 and I am such a sucker that I will pay it.  :blush:

#71 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

I agree with you guys, I thought they were going to entirely redo the games graphics, but thats simply not the case.  Lighting and shadows are both a lot better, and its 1080p, also hearing that it may be 60fps, but other than that not much was done.  This is a game that should cost $40, but Nintendo will most likely charge $60 and I am such a sucker that I will pay it.  :blush:

Maybe they felt things were fine and polished enough and are spending more resources/time on Zelda U  :) . I too will pay full price for WW

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#72 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, ww, obviously, isnt the game to be talking about.

But.... I didnt realize or even think about how badly Bayonetta 2 demolishes ascension until i watched that vid.

its.... a dominating victory.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#73 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Re-read situation, load previous save file, and try that quest again.

I misread. Sorry 3Dude.

Alex, 3dude is actually defending the Wii U by showing that X and Bayonetta 2 look amazing and can actually compare to PS4/Xbox 1 games graphically. The guy's comment (which you liked) is saying the Wii U is entirely weak and that there are PS3 games that blow every Wii U game out of the water.

I just took my like away from that guy and gave it to 3Dude.

Signature_DK.png

#74 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't really care what people call out. Anyone who actually thinks Wii-U isn't a part of the 8th generation is just trolling and should be ignored.

#75 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

People needing a reality check on wii u performance should really look elsewhere. Comments from 3dude and other posters are not fair or impartial and really you need to visit other sites like neogaf or digital foundry at eurogamer to get some real perspective on how wii u games are performing or technical analysis.

You read these threads and clearly when you get comments like 'dominating victory' you are dealing with someone of a childlike mentality who clearly isn't impartial.

There is little point wasting time arguing with such people in these threads when there is an avalanche of evidence elsewhere on more impartial sites.

#76 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

People needing a reality check on wii u performance should really look elsewhere. Comments from 3dude and other posters are not fair or impartial and really you need to visit other sites like neogaf or digital foundry at eurogamer to get some real perspective on how wii u games are performing or technical analysis.

So you're telling us to go look for impartial analysis... on neogaf?

Never change, DP, never change.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#77 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

There is little point wasting time arguing with such people in these threads

Interestingly enough, you seem to do the very thing you're telling everyone else not to very well. I'm surprised you haven't cracked, caved in and bailed. Quite the resilient person you are.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#78 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

You read these threads and clearly when you get comments like 'dominating victory' you are dealing with someone of a childlike mentality who clearly isn't impartial.

There is little point wasting time arguing with such people in these threads when there is an avalanche of evidence elsewhere on more impartial sites.

Dude, its over. Wiiu is so far past ps360 its not debatable any more.

bayo 2 crushes ascension in every category. WAAAAAAAYYYYYY higher poly characters (kratos chains are still just textures drawn on his gauntlets) way higher quality textures, waaaaaay bigger environments, and they arent just fixed camera backdrops placing assets at the perfect distance to look good like ascension, its on a freaking fighter jet zooming through a city bigger than any area in ascension, or gow 3, or ANY comparable ps360 action game, it does it with WAAAAAYYYY better iq, and at twice the framerate, LOCKED.

Its over.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#79 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'm sorry but according to those sites games like Bayo2 and X aren't even possible on Wii U. I know 3dude is pro Wii U tech but the evidence is the games. I'm fine with what the Wii U is capable of. Stop trying to down the console no it oisnt on the same level as PS4 but from what we just seen at E3 its "CLEAR" its ona level ps360 isn't. That's what most people wanted and that's what they are soon to be getting.

#80 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry but according to those sites games like Bayo2 and X aren't even possible on Wii U. I know 3dude is pro Wii U tech but the evidence is the games. I'm fine with what the Wii U is capable of. Stop trying to down the console no it oisnt on the same level as PS4 but from what we just seen at E3 its "CLEAR" its ona level ps360 isn't. That's what most people wanted and that's what they are soon to be getting.

its only just ahead of ps/360 ps4 and xbox1 are leaps ahead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!