Photo

Sonic Lost World E3 Demo Video (IGN)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Holy crap I love this Game!!! I love the new style that they're taking as it definitely works well! For me at least. I will definitely be picking this up now that I see it.

On a graphics note, I can see that this is an early build so its not gonna look that great right now, but it will definitely get better. They also need to sort out some "pixely" edges I'm noticing, particularly on the bushes.

Glad to see that the 3DS version is similar

Edited by Ultra, 07 June 2013 - 01:42 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Looks cool. Will this game show off the Wii U's power?

No.
No sig.

#23 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Looks amazing... I don't like 2D levels, and the second one was a blend of the two, really cool.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

3ds looks impressive. Also this game looks like it will get frustrating.

#25 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Aside from the obvious Super Mario Galaxy comparisons, I notice other Nintendo influences. Like Donkey Kong Country when Sonic goes from cannon to another and Skyward Sonic when you control his descent. So I guess Nintendo is involved with the development of Sonic Lost World. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#26 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

SEGA, I love you.

So much variety, some much needed control, and some depth perception (parkour) and we finally have a versatile Sonic.  SEGA, you did it right and now have me hyped to get a WiiU and Sonic Lost Worlds.

And the 3DS version actually looks good, it doesn't look like a second rate version of the main game (like handheld Generations and Colours).

Donkey Kong Country when Sonic goes from cannon to another

Actually, that is a throwback to the cannons from the Oil Ocean level of Sonic 2

#27 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

This is looking like it could be one of the best if not the best Sonic game, it looks amazing, fast and fun, really looking forward to this as is my fiancee who absolutly loves the blue hedgehog :D

#28 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Actually, that is a throwback to the cannons from the Oil Ocean level of Sonic 2

*slaps self on the forehead* I can't believe I forgot about that! 

Edited by magiciandude, 08 June 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#29 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I can't even put down in words how amazing this looks! The levels looks stunning, and are so very different from other Sonic games out there, very well done Sega! ​  :D

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think the art style looks perfect for a sonic game. And the obvious Nintendo influences make it a better game.

While it obviously isn't meant to make a graphics "statement", there is much more going on in terms of graphics than is obvious at first. The 3d, animating foliage is very nice, the character models appear to be made os a substantial polygon count ( ESP considering they could get away with not doing that), and the whole thing has this crisp colorful look.

The fully rotating 3d terrain is pretty awesome as well as the variety of level themes.

Looks solid.

I've never been a sonic fan. The only sonic game I've owned was adventures on dream cast. And I actually liked it. But some of that was due to the great graphics at the time.

However this game intrigues me and looks like a throwback to the 80's and early 90's when you had amazing gameplay in tons of games. However, this has the benefit of modern graphics as well.

The game screams pure fun.

#31 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

wow looks great! =)

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Ok, wow. This game looks really good! Looks like it could be as good as mario galaxy, but the camera on that first level seemed to be a bit fast when he moved left and right at the start.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#33 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sega Genesis was my first system of my own(my brother had an Atari before that). I miss when Sega would make really good games. Thus looks like a breath of fresh air. Sonic Racing Transformed was awesome as well. It seems like they're back on track. All we need now is a really good looking Ecco game.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#34 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

464.jpg

Enough with these threads with just a link and nothing else, it just looks lazy and adds very little to discussion. I mean seriously is it so difficult to give a few sentences on your own thoughts/opinion? Its been discussed in the suggestion section yet people are still doing it.

That's not quite necessary.

On topic: this game reminds me of Mario Galaxy...
Posted Image

#35 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

That's not quite necessary.

On topic: this game reminds me of Mario Galaxy...

Maybe you think so. But I use a few different forums and this is slowly becoming one of my least favourite partially because of poor threads and discussions like this.

#36 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Maybe you think so. But I use a few different forums and this is slowly becoming one of my least favourite partially because of poor threads and discussions like this.

Nobody cares. 

If you don't like it leave, nobody will miss you. You contribute nothing here but complain. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nobody cares. 

If you don't like it leave, nobody will miss you. You contribute nothing here but complain. 

lol i dont care if nobody will miss me. I don't come here to impress people. You obviously do (which is probably why you are reacting to criticism by insulting me) which is quite sad really.

#38 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Same, don't think I've never been on forums, but really, what could he have done to make the thread better, adding one sentence to it? He just shared a link man, and one should not be criticized for the way he posts topics, or at least not in the way you did.

Your reaction is bad, and you should feel bad.

Hey, don't think I'm being rude or anything, I have nothing against anyone personally, I'm just making a point.

Posted Image

#39 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Personally I think you're just being petty and trivial.

#40 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Personally I think you're just being petty and trivial.

Not in the slightest and I'm not the only person who detests these sort of threads.

Zinix doesn't always just post a link and nothing else, but when one person does it another will think it is acceptable and soon the forum is full of these annoying threads (and it's already getting that way).

Edited by Hunter, 11 June 2013 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!