Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

http://news.softpedi...rt-359264.shtml

Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report.

E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively.

In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths.

The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013.

The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.

Jontron_zps9730089d.gif

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

There's even a wild speculation going around saying that Microsoft are going to Pay publishers to create what should be Third Party Games specifically for the Xbox One.
Like they say, you have to pay money to make money, I won't be surprised if this was true.  

Edited by Chrop, 08 June 2013 - 10:55 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Is Microsoft also paying their workers to clap whenever they announce something crappy at E3?

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

And to boo at the PS4 conference.

But seriously, that is pretty low.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

The negativity continues... I can't believe how bad Microsoft is making themselves look.

#6 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

POPULAR

This would explain E.A's hostility towards the Wii-U. :P

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Words can't describe how greedy these trolls are acting. M$ fanboys need to face the fact they don't give jack rainbow about their fans. Some people wonder who is going to win the 8th gen console wars. We can eliminate one possibility now! The Xbox One is most likely to sell less than the Gamecube.

Signature_DK.png

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

This is microsoft we're talking about. They will do anything legal to discredit their competition. Paying money to publishers to not show ps4 games? That's not a surprise. If they could legally do it, they would sue Sony for too much competition. Changing American laws to force consumers to only buy microsoft? Wouldn't surprise me.

#9 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Words can't describe how greedy these trolls are acting. M$ fanboys need to face the fact they don't give jack rainbow about their fans. Some people wonder who is going to win the 8th gen console wars. We can eliminate one possibility now! The Xbox One is most likely to sell less than the Nintendo 64DD.

#10 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

wow....just wow.

Edited by Hitomi, 08 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#11 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true, as Microsoft basically has a monopoly on PCs with their Windows OS and can afford to pay off developers. They may be buying games for their system to desperately hide the Airstrip One's Orwellian monitoring (that's why I call it the Airstrip One, not Xbox One) of its customers. 

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Words can't describe how greedy these trolls are acting. M$ fanboys need to face the fact they don't give jack rainbow about their fans. Some people wonder who is going to win the 8th gen console wars. We can eliminate one possibility now! The Xbox One is most likely to sell less than the Nintendo 64DD.

LOL I see what you did there  :laugh:

Signature_DK.png

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

It doesn't matter if they show it off: gamers still know that there will be a PS4 version of Destiny, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, etc.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

that explains the 2 prev E3s by nintendo and why nintendo didnt made a major e3 conferense.

Edited by Plutonas, 08 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#15 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

HAAAAAAAAAA

bb0.gif

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

Pointless. The ps4 is just going to release there own information at another time and MS would have just wasted money to try to get the jump on sony and nintendo.

I know they are going to say all these games are coming to the xbox but then those same games will be out on the ps4 and wii u.

I think the only thing i would get for the xbox would be gears of war

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Assuming this rumor is true, how much does it really accomplish? At most people will be not sure if a couple of games are multiplat for a few months? I'm pretty sure it will be common knowledge that the games are multiplat before the release of the consoles, or at least common enough among the avid gamers, who are most likely to be the majority of early adopters. I don't see anything except boosting their E3 ego. What did they do, make a bet for a couple billion that they'll "win" E3?

Posted Image

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

E3 2014 and future terms of agreement: any action to demote or prevent a action from a seperate party will result in disqualification from your participation in E3.

#19 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Assuming this rumor is true, how much does it really accomplish? At most people will be not sure if a couple of games are multiplat for a few months? I'm pretty sure it will be common knowledge that the games are multiplat before the release of the consoles, or at least common enough among the avid gamers, who are most likely to be the majority of early adopters. I don't see anything except boosting their E3 ego. What did they do, make a bet for a couple billion that they'll "win" E3?

You would be amazed at how many people buy what they see the most. If you shout at someone to buy something long enough, they'll start to want to buy it. Microsoft knows this. If the only product being advertised is theirs, they "win" E3.

#20 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

come on sony pay them more! and dont be stupid and let it slip your doing it like microsoft!

i will be extremely surprised if microsoft actually does this. maybe if it didn't get out they would, but seeing the hate comments you gotta be pretty dumb to do it. well, unless you already paid them....

bb0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!