Posted Image

#42 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

In case any of you haven't already, you can go here for a bunch of screenshots/information about the announced games! :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#43 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

This was shocking.

I thought that the Wii U was in trouble before this E3 but I thought maybe Nintendo could reveal a few system sellers, not one of those is a system seller just remakes of old games and 3ds games.

Wii U will be dead in the water this Christmas - sure it will limp along, but as a major player? game over.

#44 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Retro lied about doing a game people wanted them to, no one wanted another donkey kong

Posted Image

#45 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Lets hope for more news and I agee Mario Kart looked awesome, with that X and Smash Nintendo had a good showing. Its just again not a lot of games(it felt like a handful) and most of them we already new about them. I feel disappointed simply because I wanted Metroid and new Zelda.

Remember, Nintendo announced a lot of games before E3. So it's not a lot of games from what they showed today, but we still have more games to look forward to.

Neither of those games are anywhere near system selling for me.

I think Donkey Kong is a system seller, and I don't doubt Mario has the ability to sell. Just doesn't have my money.

Now give me a huge, epic Mario with graphics that rival Mario Kart 8, and I'll buy it.

This was shocking.

I thought that the Wii U was in trouble before this E3 but I thought maybe Nintendo could reveal a few system sellers, not one of those is a system seller just remakes of old games and 3ds games.

Wii U will be dead in the water this Christmas - sure it will limp along, but as a major player? game over.

Donkey Kong, although not what I wanted from Retro, will sell systems. Mario 3D looked fun, just not "next Gen". Mario Kart 8 looked amazing and will sell millions of units day one. Bayonnetta 2 looks fun, refreshing, and has brilliant HD graphics. X looks like a good open world adventure with JRPG elements. Again, looked stunning.

Super Smash? Of course that will move elements. And I totally called Mega Man being on a Nintendo console! Lol

Retro lied about doing a game people wanted them to, no one wanted another donkey kong

That statement was never actually said.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#46 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

My only complaint, lack of good games this christmas, I already owned DKCR and DKCR3D so DKCTF is not appealing to me, as for SM3DW while i looks fun i wished they've tried something different instead of rehashing 3D Land like they've been doing the NSMB series.

The only games that caught my eye during the direct was Smash bros. and MK8, both of which are coming out next year.

I hope Nintendo has more games to announce because to someone like me who's next-gen plans are Wii U and 3DS only, this is really disheartening :(

#47 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I was happy with everything apart from the Super Mario 3D Land remake. That was a big disappointment for me.

#48 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm pleased with what has been announced for wii u. I'd give it a 8/10. I feel Nintendo are getting back on track.

The big disappointment is 3rd party games or lack of. Still no reason to buy a wii u if you don't like Nintendo games.

On a technical level Monolith definitely showed the wii u in the best light. Very impressive.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds. I was disappointed to read that xbone pre-orders are still at healthy numbers. Frankly I was hoping for a collapse in interest in xbone.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds console wise but at least I know I'll have plenty of games to play on my wii u even if the gaps between each one may be longer than I hoped for.

#49 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

My biggest disappointment, for me, was Super Mario 3D World. Yes, 3D Land is fun and all. Peach not being captive for once is a plus (then, again, Nintendo never really put effort plot-wise for their platformers) but.......... I expected so much more for a 3D Mario. 3D Land was perfect for the 3DS. Oh, look it sold amazingly, let's do an HD game with the same concept and add a Cat powerup.

The 2nd disappointment was the lack of 3rd support. Without this support, I feel that only Nintendo games are supporting Nintendo console. :(

Beside that, Mario Kart 8 looks awesome. Bayonetta 2 is growing on me. W101 too... and, of course, Pokemon X & Y. I could make a list but I really don't feel like it at all.

Edited by Lebon14, 11 June 2013 - 12:32 PM.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#50 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

all those games look like 64 games.

Said no smart gamer ever.

To OP, thanks for the pics montage, sums our E3 pretty well!
Posted Image

#51 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm pleased with what has been announced for wii u. I'd give it a 8/10. I feel Nintendo are getting back on track.

The big disappointment is 3rd party games or lack of. Still no reason to buy a wii u if you don't like Nintendo games.

On a technical level Monolith definitely showed the wii u in the best light. Very impressive.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds. I was disappointed to read that xbone pre-orders are still at healthy numbers. Frankly I was hoping for a collapse in interest in xbone.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds console wise but at least I know I'll have plenty of games to play on my wii u even if the gaps between each one may be longer than I hoped for.

I completely agree. Nintendo isn't big enough to completely fill the gap. The problem I see they are trying to do too much and they don't have enough help. That should have been clear when Sora saught outside help for Super Smash Bros 4.

Nintendo needs to directly partner with third party publishers -- like Ubisoft and Activision -- or they need to hire new members, create all new teams and/or buy developers.

But, all in all, it was a good showing. For Nintendo fans.

#52 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

That statement was never actually said.

That statement has been made actually.
Posted Image

#53 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

now, what to play until 2014?

Game & Wario 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#54 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

That statement has been made actually.

Not by Retro. It was a rumor. I once believed it until someone here, I think it was 3dude, but I'm not sure who, proved me wrong. I'll look tonight on the forums and see if I can find that for you.

#55 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Game & Wario 

HA

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#56 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Not by Retro. It was a rumor. I once believed it until someone here, I think it was 3dude, but I'm not sure who, proved me wrong. I'll look tonight on the forums and see if I can find that for you.

Hasn't it been said on a twitter acount? Oh well, you might be right. It's still common sense to develop a game people want them to make.
Posted Image

#57 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

I did! And I can't wait to play this new adventure. Speak for yourself, man.

#58 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Then you look at what the competition is getting and you realise that's a pretty small lineup.

Sonic is also coming this year I believe.

That is 7 games for the Wii U that all look excellent. 7 is more than enough.

Especially considering I have a 3DS as well.

Bring the noise.

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hasn't it been said on a twitter acount? Oh well, you might be right. It's still common sense to develop a game people want them to make.

:'( yeah I know. I don't know why they made another DK.

#60 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

I still in shock with Retro, after they hired a bunch of dudes from different companies and they end up doing DK...a side scroller just to add insult to injury.

i wasn't happy at 1st, but then i saw dixie kong and felt a little better. Still, Retro should have dipped their hands in something else, and then if they wanted to, visit Donkey kong later in wii-u's life. But oh well, i know i'll buy donkey kong as well as the other games and will enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!