#103 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

In some ways it was but in some ways it wasn't.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#104 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

To me they played it real safe, aside from not showing Metroid or Zelda they also didn't show anything new. I bought the wiiu cause I knew games such as Mario,ZeldaSmash,etc. would arrive on eventually but I also would have liked new ip's from Nintendo. I remember once talking with a friend about this and she told me Nintendo always adds new ideas to their products like Zelda or Mario which makes them unique to their franchise but I always wondered why not make those ideas into something new entirely instead of relying on established franchises.

#105 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

To me they played it real safe, aside from not showing Metroid or Zelda they also didn't show anything new. I bought the wiiu cause I knew games such as Mario,ZeldaSmash,etc. would arrive on eventually but I also would have liked new ip's from Nintendo. I remember once talking with a friend about this and she told me Nintendo always adds new ideas to their products like Zelda or Mario which makes them unique to their franchise but I always wondered why not make those ideas into something new entirely instead of relying on established franchises.

They do have a new IP. Wonderful 101. Yes, we have seen it before, but it's a new IP and coming out this year.

They also did show a lot of new games we haven't seen before. Mario Kart 8. Donkey Kong. Mario 3D World. Super Smash Bros.

Yes, they did play it safe. Can't argue that. But they did bring games that Nintendo fans will love.

Oh, and X is a new game. Officially we don't know if it's a Xenogear game or not.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#106 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

X could also be a new IP.

#107 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

I am buying a PS4. Now, that doesn't mean I'm abandoning my Wii U. My plan is that when a multiplatform title is coming to both PS4 and Wii U, I will purchase the Wii U version exclusively. The PS4 is for all the exclusive titles Nintendo won't be getting.

That's my plan actually, a PS4 for the games I want that the Wii U doesn't get, as well as the next Twisted Metal game.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#108 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

That's my plan actually, a PS4 for the games I want that the Wii U doesn't get, as well as the next Twisted Metal game.

Does that franchise exist still?

#109 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Does that franchise exist still?

Yes, the most recent one (a reboot just titled "Twisted Metal") came out for PS3 not too long ago

Edited by kokirii, 27 June 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#110 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

There was a game for the PS3 back in 2012, so yeah the franchise isn't dead yet! :D

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#111 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Yes, the most recent one (a reboot just titled "Twisted Metal") came out for PS3 not too long ago

Ah ha! I didn't know!

#112 Colton S

Colton S

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I thought it was good. Smash Bros, Pokemon, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8 really sold me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!