• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#81 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

To be honest I never expected the wii u to be the same experience as Sony or Microsoft consoles and I shall be buying a PS4 for such genres in addition to purchases of the great wii u nintendo games like Zelda, mario, mario kart etc. However the xenoblades type game for wii u from Monolith is already looking nice and I'm hopeful there will be handful at least of non Nintendo games that reach similar visual standards over the wii u's lifetime. Again I'm not a believer that the wii u is a powerful console but I'm more than happy with the graphics shown. However the crucial detail is how it plays and how much is going on in the world with regard physics, a.i, weather effects etc that will give it that extra atmosphere and playability.

I will be happy to eat my words about wii u power though if watchdog on wii u can deliver something clearly visually better than 360/PS3 with a competitive frame rate.

Watch the third party real on EShop. Watch Dog's looked very good.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#82 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

It might be enough for you, but with so many individuals in existence with so many different opinions on what's a fun game, it's a paltry selection.

You can never please everyone.

Bring the noise.

#83 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am buying a PS4. Now, that doesn't mean I'm abandoning my Wii U. My plan is that when a multiplatform title is coming to both PS4 and Wii U, I will purchase the Wii U version exclusively. The PS4 is for all the exclusive titles Nintendo won't be getting.

Edited by Phanto, 12 June 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#84 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

So when is the first system seller for Wii U coming out?  Nintendo is either going to get hammered over the holidays or it will be a wash if people take a "let's wait and see" approach on the PS4 and Xbox One.  Either way there is little doubt that they should have released the console after some of the heavy hitters were farther along in development.  There is not much point in launching first if you will have nothing to show for that lead.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 12 June 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#85 SwagandOnly

SwagandOnly

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:benjohnsonnn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Why does the title of Super Mario 3D World have 3D in it?

Every Mario game released now is either 3D or 2.5D, so what's the point?

swagandonly.com

#86 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

So when is the first system seller for Wii U coming out? Nintendo is either going to get hammered over the holidays or it will be a wash if people take a "let's wait and see" approach on the PS4 and Xbox One. Either way there is little doubt that they should have released the console after some of the heavy hitters were farther along in development. There is not much point in launching first if you will have nothing to show for that lead.

I don't know all of the dates. I'll check later. But I know Wonderful 101 is coming in Sept. I think with all the super hero movies a super hero game will do well.

#87 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

all those games look like 64 games. 

Anything wrong with that?  :P Oh, and Bayonetta 2, X, Smash, and Mario Kart are getting me really excited for Q4 2013 and Q1/2 2014. Well, there goes the money in my wallet.

kisame.png

#88 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

VERY dissapointed,terrible outing at e3 for nintendo,games looked well under par graphically,im getting a real next gen console,saving up for a ps4 :) my wii u is no more.

#89 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

VERY dissapointed,terrible outing at e3 for nintendo,games looked well under par graphically,im getting a real next gen console,saving up for a ps4 :) my wii u is no more.

can't tell if trolling or idiot

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#90 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

im either a troll or idiot now lol because i was dissapointed with nintendos e3 outing? was crap imo all games looked WELL under par to me,you my friend are the only idiot holding onto the notion that the wii u is some sort of powerhouse when it is NOT!

every game (and i mean every game) on both the other nxt gen consoles blew all nintendos games away,ive tried to love my wii u and convince myself they would show me how great it is at e3 but they didnt.

bye bye wii u

#91 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Mario Kart 8 says hi.

#92 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Mario Kart 8 says hi.

Was not impressed with it at all,looked just ok to me and thats it,i was expecting MUCH more detail and effects,its just my oppinion,i was/am very dissapointed and am defo getting a ps4.

#93 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

im either a troll or idiot now lol because i was dissapointed with nintendos e3 outing? was crap imo all games looked WELL under par to me,you my friend are the only idiot holding onto the notion that the wii u is some sort of powerhouse when it is NOT!

every game (and i mean every game) on both the other nxt gen consoles blew all nintendos games away,ive tried to love my wii u and convince myself they would show me how great it is at e3 but they didnt.

bye bye wii u

idiot confirmed

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#94 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

idiot confirmed

you are either 10years old or a special case,i am allowed to have my oppinion and just because it dosnt match yours you try to bait me..

Go do your homework!

Edited by syks-1, 12 June 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#95 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't know all of the dates. I'll check later. But I know Wonderful 101 is coming in Sept. I think with all the super hero movies a super hero game will do well.

Oh yeah I'm definitely getting that game, but I really don't expect that it will move many consoles.  It seems entirely too quirky to be a system seller.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#96 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Was not impressed with it at all,looked just ok to me and thats it,i was expecting MUCH more detail and effects,its just my oppinion,i was/am very dissapointed and am defo getting a ps4.

It's actually not an opinion, its fact. Mario Kart 8 couldn't run on a 360. The environment is huge, and doubt the entire environment could be on screen , going that fast on any of the older consoles.

It's also fact that Watch Dogs looks the same as the PS4 Version. And that one of the best looking games at E3 was "X". Again, that even impressed Desert Punk, someone who doesn't think the Wii U is a powerhouse (which it isn't). But obviously it's capable of running next Gen games (as you are using the word).

These aren't opinions. This is fact. Now you may not like the style Nintendo chooses to use. That's possible. That is an opinion. But saying that the graphics aren't impressive, and they aren't next Gen, when clearly it is ... Well, that's trolling.

#97 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

The more I think about it the more I curse Nintendo going for the USP of the new controller. It adds nothing except confusion. Asymmetric gaming just confuses people. I watch my 6yr old and his friends fight over the controllers and the loser gets the new controller! they all prefer the old controllers. Any games that use the Wii U pad screen are ignored.

This controller must add approx $100 to the price of the unit and it is this and the fact that the games are simply not here that has killed this console.

Nintendo could have massively undercut the PS4 and Xbox one and people would have bought it just to play updated HD versions of the Nintendo games they know and love. If you want to own the under 12 video game market you have to come in at a price of $199 or less AND include a pack in game.

Edited by albatross, 12 June 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#98 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

It's actually not an opinion, its fact. Mario Kart 8 couldn't run on a 360. The environment is huge, and doubt the entire environment could be on screen , going that fast on any of the older consoles.

It's also fact that Watch Dogs looks the same as the PS4 Version. And that one of the best looking games at E3 was "X". Again, that even impressed Desert Punk, someone who doesn't think the Wii U is a powerhouse (which it isn't). But obviously it's capable of running next Gen games (as you are using the word).

These aren't opinions. This is fact. Now you may not like the style Nintendo chooses to use. That's possible. That is an opinion. But saying that the graphics aren't impressive, and they aren't next Gen, when clearly it is ... Well, that's trolling.

if you say so,all the games looked well under ps4 and xbox imo and i dont care what anyone says,its my oppinion that matters to me as its my money that will be spent on games,ive sold my wii u anyway and know i will be more than happy with my ps4 when i get it :) oh and ive always loved nintendo since the original nes,i have owned every console from them including the crap wii,i like there art style etc but there e3 showing and games didnt impress me at all! :(

#99 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Mario 3D World, Zelda the Wind Waker HD Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, the Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, and Wii Fit U will all release this year.

Edited by RogueStatus28, 12 June 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#100 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I still in shock with Retro, after they hired a bunch of dudes from different companies and they end up doing DK...a side scroller just to add insult to injury.

Metroid R.I.P. :(

Edited by EvilMoogle, 13 June 2013 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!