Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sonic is also coming this year I believe.
That is 7 games for the Wii U that all look excellent. 7 is more than enough.
Especially considering I have a 3DS as well.

It might be enough for you, but with so many individuals in existence with so many different opinions on what's a fun game, it's a paltry selection.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#62 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Seven is more than enough for me, considering that there's still some games that I want to get- Zombie U, Injustice, Dungeons & Dragons, and maybe a couple of others.  That said, it might not be enough for a lot of gamers out there.

Sonic is also coming this year I believe.

That is 7 games for the Wii U that all look excellent. 7 is more than enough.

Especially considering I have a 3DS as well.

#63 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't understand how anyone can defend Nintendo. It's sheep leading sheep. It's clear from yesterday's E3 Nintendo Direct and the Nintendo Power Hour on GT (which had interviews with Reggie) that the Wii U is a console that doesn't have a plan of action. 

Nintendo have promised a great E3. They said they weren't having a conference this year because, and I quote, "It's all about the games". However, it has now become clear that Nintendo didn't have a conference purely because they just didn't have anything to announce. What did we learn in Nintendo's direct yesterday in terms of new games? Art Academy U? Oh whoop-di-do. The lack of 3rd party games is EXTREMELY worrying. Sure, there is no denying that Mario Kart, Zelda etc etc will sell some consoles. Sure, I'd agree. However, the vast difference between this generation and last is that the Wii had a gimmick that children *love*. The Wii U's gimmick (the GamePad) isn't as strong and it isn't as easily and cheaply affordable. So, who is going to buy a £250 console just to play Mario? Not many people, although some will. Besides all that, Nintendo promised great exclusives. For the first time in a very long time, Nintendo was going to be offering good quality games as opposed to the same old below-standard port we've became used to on the Wii and Nintendo just haven't delivered, and it's worrying. 

During the GT Nintendo hour with Reggie, the interviewer kept on trying to push Reggie for answers about lack of 3rd party support, and Reggie just avoided the questions and quite frankly, was just talking utter rubbish throughout the entire thing. Like literally. It was hard to watch. Reggie basically implied that people were buying the Wii U just to play Mario/Zelda/Fit U etc etc. He also kept refering to the U as a first party console. It's just worrying. Then they had that surprise announcement! Everyone got excited, with GT thinking a new game was going to be announced, with ONM Chandra thinking a new game was announced, gaming communities were buzzing after the lack-luster Nintendo Direct we received - were they about to prove everyone wrong and show Nintendo was still relevant? What did they announce? Wii Fit Girl for SSB. It annoyed a lot of people, not because of Wii Fit Girl, but because it is now clear Nintendo just don't understand their consumers. The GT announcers got particularly annoyed about it, and went as far as refering to Nintendo as "The little league" trying to fight (and failing) the professionals (Sony/MS).

Frankly, it isn't good enough. Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit and Zelda should of been launch titles. With Wii Fit U now being delayed until WINTER, it is not going to come out over a year after the console was released, same with MK8, same with SSB, same with Zelda.  The issue here is this: by this time, PS4 and Xbox 1 will have been released. How many gamers are going to buy a £250 console, with limited capabilities compared to Sony and MS's consoles? With limited game released? With no 3rd party exclusives? Especially when the PS4 is just £75 more. 

This E3, Sony are giving their gamers what they want. They looked at the market and reacted to it. Nintendo, on the other hand, just seem clueless. It's like they have no business plan. I'm worried about the future of the Wii U. After this E3, no one can defend Nintendo anymore. Maybe it is time to be more vocal so that Nintendo will listen. it's worked for Sony fans as we have seen. The problem with Nintendo fans is they bury their heads in the sand and just blindly follow (granted, not all of us do :P!), but maybe it is just time to say enough is enough.  I'm not denying some great games are coming, but it's not enough - especially following the huge hype from Sony. Once Nintendo pushes the people who invested in the U away, they won't get them back - people won't take the same risk twice.

Edited by Coggit, 11 June 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#64 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

:'( yeah I know. I don't know why they made another DK.

Now I see why they didn't show it last year
Posted Image

#65 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't understand how anyone can defend Nintendo. It's sheep leading sheep. It's clear from yesterday's E3 Nintendo Direct and the Nintendo Power Hour on GT (which had interviews with Reggie) that the Wii U is a console that doesn't have a plan of action. 

Nintendo have promised a great E3. They said they weren't having a conference this year because, and I quote, "It's all about the games". However, it has now become clear that Nintendo didn't have a conference purely because they just didn't have anything to announce. What did we learn in Nintendo's direct yesterday in terms of new games? Art Academy U? Oh whoop-di-do. The lack of 3rd party games is EXTREMELY worrying. Sure, there is no denying that Mario Kart, Zelda etc etc will sell some consoles. Sure, I'd agree. However, the vast difference between this generation and last is that the Wii had a gimmick that children *love*. The Wii U's gimmick (the GamePad) isn't as strong and it isn't as easily and cheaply affordable. So, who is going to buy a £250 console just to play Mario? Not many people, although some will. Besides all that, Nintendo promised great exclusives. For the first time in a very long time, Nintendo was going to be offering good quality games as opposed to the same old below-standard port we've became used to on the Wii and Nintendo just haven't delivered, and it's worrying. 

During the GT Nintendo hour with Reggie, the interviewer kept on trying to push Reggie for answers about lack of 3rd party support, and Reggie just avoided the questions and quite frankly, was just talking utter rubbish throughout the entire thing. Like literally. It was hard to watch. Reggie basically implied that people were buying the Wii U just to play Mario/Zelda/Fit U etc etc. He also kept refering to the U as a first party console. It's just worrying. Then they had that surprise announcement! Everyone got excited, with GT thinking a new game was going to be announced, with ONM Chandra thinking a new game was announced, gaming communities were buzzing after the lack-luster Nintendo Direct we received - were they about to prove everyone wrong and show Nintendo was still relevant? What did they announce? Wii Fit Girl for SSB. It annoyed a lot of people, not because of Wii Fit Girl, but because it is now clear Nintendo just don't understand their consumers. The GT announcers got particularly annoyed about it, and went as far as refering to Nintendo as "The little league" trying to fight (and failing) the professionals (Sony/MS).

Frankly, it isn't good enough. Mario Kart 8, Wii Fit and Zelda should of been launch titles. With Wii Fit U now being delayed until WINTER, it is not going to come out over a year after the console was released, same with MK8, same with SSB, same with Zelda.  The issue here is this: by this time, PS4 and Xbox 1 will have been released. How many gamers are going to buy a £250 console, with limited capabilities compared to Sony and MS's consoles? With limited game released? With no 3rd party exclusives? Especially when the PS4 is just £75 more. 

This E3, Sony are giving their gamers what they want. They looked at the market and reacted to it. Nintendo, on the other hand, just seem clueless. It's like they have no business plan. I'm worried about the future of the Wii U. After this E3, no one can defend Nintendo anymore. Maybe it is time to be more vocal so that Nintendo will listen. it's worked for Sony fans as we have seen. The problem with Nintendo fans is they bury their heads in the sand and just blindly follow (granted, not all of us do :P!), but maybe it is just time to say enough is enough.  I'm not denying some great games are coming, but it's not enough - especially following the huge hype from Sony. Once Nintendo pushes the people who invested in the U away, they won't get them back - people won't take the same risk twice.

First off, lets start off by saying what some people are thinking -- Nintendo needed more today. I don't know why you are referring to today's event's as yesterday news, maybe some sort of symbolism in there. But I think everyone can agree: Nintendo needed more today.

However, to say Nintendo didn't announce new titles today is rubbish. Mario 3D World was a new title. Sure, as someone who probably doesn't like Mario (just like me), it's not a huge deal. But tons of kids are going to want to play Mario 3D World -- read this post here. On top of that, older Mario fans -- who do exist -- will be happy for it too. Hell, even though I am not a Mario fan, after watcing the video in HD in EShop I kind of want it too. I want to introduce my son, who will be turning 4, to this game and the fact he can play with me is exciting. This game is a lot better then what my ex-wife's fiance shows my son, Call of Duty. But that's a whole other discussion.

This isn't even getting into Mario Kart 8, which makes me want to buy a Mario Kart game. You know when I last bought one? Nintendo DS. Which, I hardly played it. My wife at the time mostly did. I played the SNES, the Nintendo 64, GCN and finally, they Nintendo DS version. Haven't even seen Mario Kart 7 (I was like WOAH! You can go in WATER!? Then I heard that was in Mario Kart 7!), never played Mario Kart on Wii. But looking at how grand the graphics are -- I mean, literally, huge tracks that go up in the air and go from land to under water. All looks fun and exciting. Also, again, I can play this game with my children -- but more than that, I can even share highlights during the race on Miiverse!? What? Really? Holy cow!

Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze looks like a blast. Again, I wanted something different from Retro, but this is what we get and it's going to be a fabulous game. The graphics are quite amazing, watching itr from the EShop. So how is this not releasing new info about games?

And why is it that people forget about the Pre-E3 Direct, that did also announce new games. They announced an exclusive partnership with Sega, where Nintendo will get three exclusive Sonic titles for Wii U. One, Mario & Sonic Winter Games, which is awesome because I love Snow Boarding games and the snow effects looked awesome. The game play also looks solid, and the fact I can do amazing cool jumps even makes the deal better. Second being Sonic Lost World, which looks like another great Sonic game (after a big list of flops). Third ... yet to be announced.

New Super Lugi Bros U. Again, this is not just an add on -- it has 80 new levels. Oddly enough, I am a Lugi fan (LOVED Lugi's Mansion!), so this game makes me excited. Surely I am not the only one in the world who is.

Oh, last but certainly not least, Super Smash Bros U. Super Smash Bros. 3DS. First time on a hand held. First time a non-Nintendo developer assisted in making the game(s). And MEGA MAN (I called it! Sorta lol) was a BIG bonus for me. Wii Fit Trainer was unexpected, and after seeing the developer interview direct for this game, the Villager looks like an awesome, powerful character that might end up being annoying. But that's a good thing. I am SUPER excited for this game, and if you aren't, then you're just odd.

So, lets count over these E3 Weeks, what Nintendo has shown. SSBU/3DS. SLBU. M&S Winter. Sonic Lost Worlds. Donkey Kong Country. Mario Kart 8. Mario 3D World. That's 8 new titles from Nintendo, and Sega. I'm not including the other games, you know, the ones you also forgot to mention. Wonderful 101. Pikman 3. Bayonetta 2. X. The last two we haven't actually seen game play until E3. So sure, they may have been announced, but they were still a mystery to us. And again, this is completely skipping other 3DS games. I'm not even going to go over those, because I don't have a 3DS so why would I care right now.

Before I forget, Dues Ex: Human Evolution Director's Cut is coming to Wii U, and although not exclusive (I didn't even know ppl considered it "exclusive") and looks awesome.

Edited by MorbidGod, 11 June 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#66 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

I agree. I liked Nintendo's showing and I'm not really too concerned about its future in the console market, especially now that there's one less competitor to deal with. *Cough* *MicroCought*

One more thing...

smashbros-lg.jpg

Imagine Mario in his Dr. Mario costume: "DK, please turn and cough"

:laugh:

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#67 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

First off, lets start off by saying what some people are thinking -- Nintendo needed more today. I don't know why you are referring to today's event's as yesterday news, maybe some sort of symbolism in there. But I think everyone can agree: Nintendo needed more today.

However, to say Nintendo didn't announce new titles today is rubbish. Mario 3D World was a new title. Sure, as someone who probably doesn't like Mario (just like me), it's not a huge deal. But tons of kids are going to want to play Mario 3D World -- read this post here. On top of that, older Mario fans -- who do exist -- will be happy for it too. Hell, even though I am not a Mario fan, after watcing the video in HD in EShop I kind of want it too. I want to introduce my son, who will be turning 4, to this game and the fact he can play with me is exciting. This game is a lot better then what my ex-wife's fiance shows my son, Call of Duty. But that's a whole other discussion.

Okay - i should of said, Nintendo announced nothing we didn't know wasn't coming (except the Art Acamedy and Donkey Kong). So, lets go over what you've mentioned quickly:

Super Luigi: Same old, same old. Rehash. Offering nothing new except a green costume instead of a red one.

Mario Kart: Again, same old. 

Donkey Kong: Looks exactly like the already recently rereleased 3DS version,

Mario 3D word: hello Super Mario 3D Land sequel. 

Super Smash Bros: Same old, same old.

Nintendo seems to have forgotten any sort of originality. 

and sure, Dues ex etc etc... oh wait, graphically superior versions are coming to the other 2 major consoles. The new Batman - Nintendo will be missing out of some DLC content it has been reported. 

Also, I never once said Nintendo didn't have good games - merely good 1st party games are not going to be enough to shift consoles this generation like it was with the Wii.

#68 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

I would have liked to have seen a few more titles- not really for me, but rather so Wii U can pick up some momentum this Christmas.  There's enough titles for me to last well into next year with the existing line up and what's planned for the end of the year.

Okay - i should of said, Nintendo announced nothing we didn't know wasn't coming (except the Art Acamedy and Donkey Kong). So, lets go over what you've mentioned quickly:

Super Luigi: Same old, same old. Rehash. Offering nothing new except a green costume instead of a red one.

and sure, Dues ex etc etc... oh wait, graphically superior versions are coming to the other 2 major consoles. The new Batman - Nintendo will be missing out of some DLC content it has been reported. 

Also, I never once said Nintendo didn't have good games - merely good 1st party games are not going to be enough to shift consoles this generation like it was with the Wii.

#69 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Your opinion is your opinion, and I can't ask for anything else. However, I don't think many people have the same thoughts as you. http://www.ign.com/a...lusive-to-wii-u

There are plunty of people with optimistic views on what Nintendo has to show. There are of course people with views similar to yours. And that is the nature of all things.

However, as someone who believes in challenging one's thoughts, why is Mario Kart 8 same old same old? Why is Donkey Kong "same old same old"? Just because it is a 2D Platformer, doesn't make it the same. Mario 3D World, how is it that a sequal is now a bad thing? Super Smash Bros? Same old same old? The stages are going to be even different between versions. The characters are being improved (Bowser is faster and stronger now). Every character has his or her own unique attacks, strong points and weakness. Mega Man doesn't have a lot of punching attacks, but focus more on gun attacks. Did you even watch the other videos, going more in depth on these games? (I am givng you Super Lugi, but I still say there are people excited for this game).

So here is why I don't think Mario Kart 8 is same old same old. WIth the SNES, the n64, GCN and DS versions of the game, never have you been able to go under water, never have you ever had anti gravity and loops and so many choices. ON the loops you could on some levels drive on the top of bottom, on one level you could drive on the track or go on the wall. The levels are huge, and vast, and you can also have bikes. Again, on MOST of the Mario Kart titles, these aren't features that were in those games but is making it's way into this version. If you say it's same old same old because it has karts, then every Halo is same old same old because they have guns in them (and no, I don't think every Halo is same old same old).

Donkey Kong doesn't looks like anything been released before. Again, did you actually watch the Developer Interview for this title? Donkey Kong now has a rotating camera that allows for new views and new game play elements not seen before. Retro spent a long time working on the Donkey Kong character, making him look furry. They've added the ability to pick up enemies and plant's, something not been added in previous Donkey Kong games. This ability can help you solve puzzles and open switches. Each playable character, one mystery character, Diddy, Dixie and Donkey Kong, has their own unique abilities. And there are places you can't go unless you yhave Dixie, which means if you choose Diddy you'll have to find out secerts in the level to be able to go on and beat the level.

Super Mario 3D World just a re-has sequel? Really? How many console, 3D Mario games have allowed for multiplayer? That in and of itself makes it new. Not a re-hash. Not even mentiong the Cat Suit, which looked odd at first, but is kind of cool how you can crawl on walls, have attacks similar to what a cat would do. Sure, the second feature is just an attack -- but being able to climb on any wall is exciting, where in the past you couldn't. It's been so long, though, I don't even know if you COULD climb on walls in the past. The Game Pad also lets you find hiddon objects, freeze enemies or stop things from moving. That is pretty nifty, also again, new. The pipes are clear, which add a new game play element. In the past you didn't have to worry about bad guys in the pipes, and you couldn't move freely in these pipes. Now, however, you can. You can find coins, you can run into bad guys, which then subtracts points from your score. This is kind of interesting to me. Another exciting thing, that to my memory we didn't have before, is ranking. Each player is ranked at the end of the level -- so now it's a compition and not just your friend helping you out. Again, if a sequel to a popular game with added features, new game play elements and even adding multiplayer -- something people really wanted in Super Mario 3D Land apparently (quick google search) -- is a bad thing, then I guess Splinter Cell Blacklist is also just another re-hash title and should be scrapped.

So once again, how are these bad games? How are they same old same old? How is it that every other game developer can use the same characters and same themes, over and over, and that be okay ... then Nintendo does it and it suddenly is horrible. I understand if these aren't your type of games -- but then why buy a Nintendo console? Honestly, how many Nintendo consoles have you ever bought for non Nintendo titles? And I mean exclusively. You just wanted that one, third party game, or series and that's it. "I bought the GCN so I can play Madden!" said no one ever. "I bought a Wii so I can play Sonic."  said very few people. I'd be surprised if even 1000 people ever said that. In fact, in recent memory, the only console this doesn't apply to is the Wii U. I personally bought the Wii U for ZombiU, Lego City Underground, Wonderful 101 and Pikman 3. Those are the games I originally wanted to play on Wii U. Three of those games weren't made by Nintendo. But I bought Wii for Zelda and Metroid. GCN for Lugi, Zelda, Metroid and Eternal Darkness. n64 for Star Fox. I didn't ask for a SNES and didn't really know what one was until my parents bought it for my sister and I, so I don't count that one. You see? History shows, that Nintendo sells Nintendo consoles. AND LOOK at Wii U, the one exception to this rule, and Nintendo is struggling with sales. That's because they trusted third party developers to sell their console, and that didn't happen.

This E3 Nintendo at least brought games that were good and what they should have had last year. But, at least they do have them now.

#70 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

As other people have said, just too safe and nothing absolutely new.  I'm sure every game they announced will be quite fun, get great reviews, but most of those games feel too similar or have had another game come out too recently.  The biggest offender is Mario.  Once they get 3d world and MK8 out the door they need to give this guy a break before they run him into the ground.

From the start of the last console generation to now we have:

New Super Mario Bros

New Super Mario Bros 2

New Super Mario Bros wii

New Super Mario Bros U

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Mario 3D Land

Now they want to add New Super Luigi U and 3D World?  Too many too often for me.  We knew this game was coming awhile ago.

I bought Mario Kart 7, and I have no desire for another.  I don't think I'll be buying another mario kart til they bring back the double dash mechanic and let me double up with someone online.  Both me and my brother, who lives 4 hours away, would buy that in a heartbeat and relive our double dash fun everyday.  Once again, we knew this game was coming.  Also, the whole anti-gravity thing with the main track (which became the 8 in the logo) being a mobius strip isn't enough to excite me.  F-Zero GX had a mobius strip back in 2003.  Where's my new F-zero with great graphics online?  That would show off the power of the system.

With DKC, it was more a problem that we were expecting Metroid or Star Fox, combined with the fact that they just put DKCR on 3ds.  For some people, they're getting a sequel to a game in less than a year.  I got my fill of DK with DKCR for wii. 

We knew Pikmin 3 was coming.  No surprises there

Wind Waker HD looks great, but until I here a significant change was made to the game (adding back in the 2 dungeons that were removed or a master quest) I'm gonna have to pass.

Smash Bros is Smash Bros.  Can't complain and actually got me a little hyped.

X looks fantastic and I want it, but they didn't show anything new here.  Would've liked some story tidbits.

Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2.  Hopefully the people saying Nintendo was gonna ruin it and make it family friendly can shut up.  The trailer opened with a crotch shot essentially.

Pokemon X/Y was fine.  They dropped the Fairy bombshell (that...sounds weird to say) which is all they needed to with that.

If anyone here actually got excited about Wii Fit U and Wii Party U, tell me how you did it.  I'd really like to know how you did that.

Everything else got swept under the rug.  They should have spent some time talking about Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, or Deus Ex.  Again, not saying the games they showed were terrible, just expected and nothing to get excited about, and aren't going to convince people who were unsure about getting a Wii U.  Still better than last year's E3.  They spent like 2 hours talking about Nintendo Land total then.

I can't complain too much.  MH3U, Sonic Lost World, and Rayman Legends will keep me busy till Smash.  It feels like I'm lucky they had Monster Hunter, or I'd still have no reason to own a wii u until Rayman.

Looooooooooong pooooooost...Least it's out of my system now

#71 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

So once again, how are these bad games?

I'm not home at the moment, so a quick reply. I'll reply properly later BUTTT, I never once said they were bad games. In fact, I'll bet they'll be good games and I'll be picking up Super Luigi, 3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Pokemon X & Bayonetta. Probably Wind Waker too. I said that there is no originality in their games and that first party exclusives aren't enough to secure the U's success. 

#72 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm not home at the moment, so a quick reply. I'll reply properly later BUTTT, I never once said they were bad games. In fact, I'll bet they'll be good games and I'll be picking up Super Luigi, 3D Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Pokemon X & Bayonetta. Probably Wind Waker too. I said that there is no originality in their games and that first party exclusives aren't enough to secure the U's success. 

I'll be waiting for your reply, trust me, I understand being on a mobile does make it hard to do what is needed for a proper reply.

Let me further add to my statements, with IGN's help.

Nintendo has always been trying to push the designs of Mario Kart stages to new extremes, finding crazier themes, crazier layouts and crazier concepts to build into otherwise-normal race tracks. But there were guidelines – not to mention physics – that seemed to always hold imaginations in check. None of those rules apply now, as a little taste of the future means Mario Kart now feels like something out of F-Zero, while still retaining its own signature style of pacing and item-based combat.

And I would beg to differ. Donkey Kong sold 5m+ units on Wii. I would expect it's direct sequel, not a remake for a handheld, to sell just as well. Maybe even sell some consoles to owners who previously hasn't made that jump yet. That bundled with Mario 3D World, which is a sequel to a game that out sold Mario Galaxy by it's 13 month mark, will sell Wii U to many 3DS owners who hasn't even considered buying a Wii U because now they have their multiplayer feature, and many other added elements. Again, I am not counting her Wonderful 101, which I think is a system seller, Pikman 3 which I believe will do better because of the game pad (stratagy games don't make sense on a normal console). And I haven't mentioned WIi Fit U, which is SURE to sell, since the last one sold 20m+ units.

Oh, and how can I forget Sonic Lost Worlds? Sonic Generations on PS3/Xbox 360/3DS sold around 3 million units. You telling me those Sonic fans aren't going to consider a Wii U to play that game? Sonic Colours, a Wii and DS exclusive, sold around 2.65 million units. And the fact Nintendo is helping to publish this game and paying money to keep it exclusive. The last Mario and Sonic Olympic game sold 3m+ units on the Wii. How many of those users you think are going to want a Wii U now?

I'm sorry, these titles coming this year is enough to sell Wii U's. Assuming Nintendo does something called advertise .. which hell, they are doing with Best Buy starting tommorow. A huge push of getting these games in people's hands to play them. And Nintendo may not be able to advertise their consoles, but they know how to advertise their games.

#73 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I like Mario Kart and don't want to sound negative.....but all I hear people saying is how awesome mk looked. Really? Those where very fast shots but frame by frame I still see very basic models and textures. Sure it must feel cartoony but if so I'd like it to be more like a Pixar Mario Kart. I know that Pixar is prerendered but if I look at the Forza and GT games, they look like they have many more textures and models. The game characters look cool but the world itself is kind of low poly. Surely the WiiU could handle more....

I think Nintendo and many other devs explain that with racing games of this particular art style, they intentionally create low res assets to create a stronger sense of speed. In a more realistic game, you'll probably spend half of the time watching car porn, hence high res for stills.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#74 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

As other people have said, just too safe and nothing absolutely new.  I'm sure every game they announced will be quite fun, get great reviews, but most of those games feel too similar or have had another game come out too recently.  The biggest offender is Mario.  Once they get 3d world and MK8 out the door they need to give this guy a break before they run him into the ground.

From the start of the last console generation to now we have:

New Super Mario Bros

New Super Mario Bros 2

New Super Mario Bros wii

New Super Mario Bros U

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Mario 3D Land

Now they want to add New Super Luigi U and 3D World?  Too many too often for me.  We knew this game was coming awhile ago.

I bought Mario Kart 7, and I have no desire for another.  I don't think I'll be buying another mario kart til they bring back the double dash mechanic and let me double up with someone online.  Both me and my brother, who lives 4 hours away, would buy that in a heartbeat and relive our double dash fun everyday.  Once again, we knew this game was coming.  Also, the whole anti-gravity thing with the main track (which became the 8 in the logo) being a mobius strip isn't enough to excite me.  F-Zero GX had a mobius strip back in 2003.  Where's my new F-zero with great graphics online?  That would show off the power of the system.

With DKC, it was more a problem that we were expecting Metroid or Star Fox, combined with the fact that they just put DKCR on 3ds.  For some people, they're getting a sequel to a game in less than a year.  I got my fill of DK with DKCR for wii. 

We knew Pikmin 3 was coming.  No surprises there

Wind Waker HD looks great, but until I here a significant change was made to the game (adding back in the 2 dungeons that were removed or a master quest) I'm gonna have to pass.

Smash Bros is Smash Bros.  Can't complain and actually got me a little hyped.

X looks fantastic and I want it, but they didn't show anything new here.  Would've liked some story tidbits.

Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2.  Hopefully the people saying Nintendo was gonna ruin it and make it family friendly can shut up.  The trailer opened with a crotch shot essentially.

Pokemon X/Y was fine.  They dropped the Fairy bombshell (that...sounds weird to say) which is all they needed to with that.

If anyone here actually got excited about Wii Fit U and Wii Party U, tell me how you did it.  I'd really like to know how you did that.

Everything else got swept under the rug.  They should have spent some time talking about Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, or Deus Ex.  Again, not saying the games they showed were terrible, just expected and nothing to get excited about, and aren't going to convince people who were unsure about getting a Wii U.  Still better than last year's E3.  They spent like 2 hours talking about Nintendo Land total then.

I can't complain too much.  MH3U, Sonic Lost World, and Rayman Legends will keep me busy till Smash.  It feels like I'm lucky they had Monster Hunter, or I'd still have no reason to own a wii u until Rayman.

Looooooooooong pooooooost...Least it's out of my system now

http://e3.nintendo.c...e-wind-waker-hd

You should watch that. They are improving things about Wind Waker HD. Hopefully one of those things is the lack of a water temple. Being a game mostly in the ocean, I cried when I found out there wasn't a water temple.

#75 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I haven't been much of Nintendo fan for a long time but what they showed at E3 really got me interested...I actually feel like I want a Wii U now.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#76 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

So, this is my overall impression coming out of this E3 - assuming there is no more news.

Unfortunately, ND E3 edition was exactly what i feared it would be: Iwata alone showing game after game with little to no excitement. No special edition, no nothing. Just game after game with only a few words in between them. Words that at this point don`t really excite people (talking about when Iwata described the in game advantages of HD, like the fur in DKCR TF).

Looking back to the ND in January, you had basically been given the recipe for this E3. You take out the Art Academy and DKCR and what was left?

Back then  you even had the news about a new Yoshi coming out this year, GBA titles for VC, but somehow there was no talk about it yesterday. Why?

Hadn`t Nintendo basically handed out this E3 in January and they might have caused a bigger splash yesterday.

But that`s not even the worse part, to me.

Where was the CoD trailer? How can a game (no confirmed by Activision - finally) like that be missing from Nintendo`s E3? How?

Why wasn`t it shown to all those viewing the ND? I just can`t understand it.

So, besides Ubisoft, Sega and WB, who else is developing for Wii U, now?
I can see that Wii U`s got it covered for the rest of this year. But what is coming next year?

Looking at the japanese market, where`s Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc.?
I thought Nintendo would show in the japanese ND some games for them, but there was nothing there either.

When i remember Reggie`s words that Nintendo would go after the MS and Sony fans i just can`t stop thinking i unprepared they were for this gen.

They knew they mistakes they made with 3DS and repeated them all; they knew what kind of games MS and Sony fans loved and did nothing to try to make the same games for Wii U - exclusive to Wii U.

Where`s Wii U`s Halo, Forza, Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Gears of War, MMOFPS?

All this or at least part of it should have been revealed yesterday and it wasn`t.

#77 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

So, this is my overall impression coming out of this E3 - assuming there is no more news.

Unfortunately, ND E3 edition was exactly what i feared it would be: Iwata alone showing game after game with little to no excitement. No special edition, no nothing. Just game after game with only a few words in between them. Words that at this point don`t really excite people (talking about when Iwata described the in game advantages of HD, like the fur in DKCR TF).

Looking back to the ND in January, you had basically been given the recipe for this E3. You take out the Art Academy and DKCR and what was left?

Back then  you even had the news about a new Yoshi coming out this year, GBA titles for VC, but somehow there was no talk about it yesterday. Why?

Hadn`t Nintendo basically handed out this E3 in January and they might have caused a bigger splash yesterday.

But that`s not even the worse part, to me.

Where was the CoD trailer? How can a game (no confirmed by Activision - finally) like that be missing from Nintendo`s E3? How?

Why wasn`t it shown to all those viewing the ND? I just can`t understand it.

So, besides Ubisoft, Sega and WB, who else is developing for Wii U, now?
I can see that Wii U`s got it covered for the rest of this year. But what is coming next year?

Looking at the japanese market, where`s Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc.?
I thought Nintendo would show in the japanese ND some games for them, but there was nothing there either.

When i remember Reggie`s words that Nintendo would go after the MS and Sony fans i just can`t stop thinking i unprepared they were for this gen.

They knew they mistakes they made with 3DS and repeated them all; they knew what kind of games MS and Sony fans loved and did nothing to try to make the same games for Wii U - exclusive to Wii U.

Where`s Wii U`s Halo, Forza, Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Gears of War, MMOFPS?

All this or at least part of it should have been revealed yesterday and it wasn`t.

To be honest I never expected the wii u to be the same experience as Sony or Microsoft consoles and I shall be buying a PS4 for such genres in addition to purchases of the great wii u nintendo games like Zelda, mario, mario kart etc. However the xenoblades type game for wii u from Monolith is already looking nice and I'm hopeful there will be handful at least of non Nintendo games that reach similar visual standards over the wii u's lifetime. Again I'm not a believer that the wii u is a powerful console but I'm more than happy with the graphics shown. However the crucial detail is how it plays and how much is going on in the world with regard physics, a.i, weather effects etc that will give it that extra atmosphere and playability.

I will be happy to eat my words about wii u power though if watchdog on wii u can deliver something clearly visually better than 360/PS3 with a competitive frame rate.

#78 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

As I stated in my introduction thread, I have not owned a Nintendo console since the 64 days.

Sorry but I think most long time members do not tend to read the introduction threads.

#79 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

The main reason I was disappointed in nintendo's e3 was because there weren't many surprises in the Direct. It was like an appetizer, a little something to prepare for the main course, but there was no main course. The other reason is that I was hoping for a 3D mario game, like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine, not like 3D land, which in my opinion would work better on the 3DS. So it wasn't a bad showing, just needed a bit more.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#80 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

To be honest I never expected the wii u to be the same experience as Sony or Microsoft consoles and I shall be buying a PS4 for such genres in addition to purchases of the great wii u nintendo games like Zelda, mario, mario kart etc. However the xenoblades type game for wii u from Monolith is already looking nice and I'm hopeful there will be handful at least of non Nintendo games that reach similar visual standards over the wii u's lifetime. Again I'm not a believer that the wii u is a powerful console but I'm more than happy with the graphics shown. However the crucial detail is how it plays and how much is going on in the world with regard physics, a.i, weather effects etc that will give it that extra atmosphere and playability.

I will be happy to eat my words about wii u power though if watchdog on wii u can deliver something clearly visually better than 360/PS3 with a competitive frame rate.

I never expected Wii U to be as attractive as a PS3 or Xbox 360, i just expected it to try harder and make some strides.
But so far, i haven`t seen Nintendo even trying.

According to Miyamoto`s words, Nintendo is focusing only on games coming this year and that they don`t want to reveal everything at once.
This could be a good strategy... for anyone else but Nintendo, specially after the bad start of Wii U.
Wii U won`t be up there with XB1 and PS4 but that`s not what matters: it`s the games. And Nintendo didn`t came prepared and refuses to show what it`s preparing beyond a short period of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!