Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I think the best course of action is to make the report button really big and really shiny so people will use it more often.

• Zok likes this

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#22 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

WOAHHHH DUDE CHILL OUT, I wasn't having a go at you, but I will say this, no arguments shouldn't be started they don't help at all, AND this isn't fanboys just plain attacking the Xbone, it's gamers sticking up for WHAT RIGHTS THE CONSUMER HAS, we have a right to an opinion and we also have freedom of speech.

Oh and I also find what you said could be offensive to some people, your supposed to be a Mod, act like one.

Just because GC is a mod it doesn't mean he needs to act all sugar and spice and nothing but nice 24/7. He can act how he wants. And i see what he means by sayin people should think before they post. That's exactly how fights are started, People not agreeing with opinions, fanboyism, bashing. All of that. If people would actually think before they post. We wouldn't need a bigger moderating team.

Edited by Toon Link, 13 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just because GC is a mod it doesn't mean he needs to act all suar an spice and nothing but nice 24/7. He can act how he wants. And i see what he means by sayin people should think before they post. That's exactly how fights are started, People not agreeing with opinions, fanboyism, bashing. All of that. If people would actually think before they post. We wouldn't need a bigger moderating team.

Dude, your my friend calm down, why the hell am I getting all the sh!t today first GC now you, I wasn't having ago at anyone just expressing my opinion, which I have a right to do, I'm just a gamer, trying to stick up for what is right, that's all, I heard on an article today aswell that MS could be advertising the Xbone illegaly by not telling consumers at live events about it's restrictions, and MS employees have been spotted advertising the Xbone at the Wii U Best Buy events, are people gonna have ago at me about that too, are people gonna throw sh!t at me for that too? Like I said Gamers are stupid they spend all thier time p!ssing on a console then as soon as the pre order counter opens they flock to it like sheeple.

#24 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

The Xbox One deserves all the hate it gets for anti-consumerism and Microsoft forcing use a piece of plastic that watches your every move.

You ladies need to handle other people's opinions, and if the XBONE is crap then let them think it as long its within the rules it does no harm.

Edited by Rod Serling, 13 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#25 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think the best course of action is to make the report button really big and really shiny so people will use it more often.

It used to be red, but I don't know why feldo didn't keep it that way...

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Dude, your my friend calm down, why the hell am I getting all the sh!t today first GC now you, I wasn't having ago at anyone just expressing my opinion, which I have a right to do, I'm just a gamer, trying to stick up for what is right, that's all, I heard on an article today aswell that MS could be advertising the Xbone illegaly by not telling consumers at live events about it's restrictions, and MS employees have been spotted advertising the Xbone at the Wii U Best Buy events, are people gonna have ago at me about that too, are people gonna throw sh!t at me for that too? Like I said Gamers are stupid they spend all thier time p!ssing on a console then as soon as the pre order counter opens they flock to it like sheeple.

I'm gonna be honest with you mate. You don't have a great content-in-post history. You also get overly emotional to a lot of things that occur on the forum. It makes it hard for some members to tolerate your approach to the internet.

I think you should go back on a lot of the content you've posted before, and reflect on possibilities as to why it might be some people find that about you. You can learn a lot from your own posts. I'm more than confident you'll find a lot of 'over the top' posts from your own hands.

Consider this as advice from a person who doesn't want to see people get banned.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

The Xbox One deserves all the hate it gets for anti-consumerism and Microsoft forcing use a piece of plastic that watches your every move.

You ladies need to handle other people's opinions, and if the XBONE is crap then let them think it as long its within the rules it does no harm.

Finally, that's what I've been saying, maybe not in the best way though.

I'm gonna be honest with you mate. You don't have a great content-in-post history. You also get overly emotional to a lot of things that occur on the forum. It makes it hard for some members to tolerate your approach to the internet.

I think you should go back on a lot of the content you've posted before, and reflect on possibilities as to why it might be some people find that about you. You can learn a lot from your own posts. I'm more than confident you'll find a lot of 'over the top' posts from your own hands.

Consider this as advice from a person who doesn't want to see people get banned.

I understand what your saying, but I'm not the only one, other peoples history is just as bad, sometimes worse, I express my opinion, that is all, some people choose to be nasty and spiteful on purpose, not mentioning any names. Also what do you mean I don't have great content-in-post history?

#28 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

So.... How 'bout dat Wii U?

#29 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Also what do you mean I don't have great content-in-post history?

What I mean is, you have a habit of posting in ill-favoured light. Particularly to news regarding the video game industry.

First off, swearing and filter bypassing. I'm not gonna nanny state anyone but it does become irritant to a lot of people (not specifically you, this goes for everyone).

Secondly, posting fanboyishly. Don't deny it, I've seen it. Whether it's posting ill about Sony and Microsoft, or posting in a raving mad style about Nintendo (often doubled up with Julio's posts as well, that's how I can clearly remember it). It's not a good behaviour to carry on the forum. I've seen it coupled with the first point as well. Just because it's a forum dedicated to the state of the Wii U, doesn't mean everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy nor does it have to be a place of Nintendo fanboys nor is it right to knock down on the efforts of other companies and developers.

Actually, on that last point, it's against the rules to knock down on other companies.

Finally, responding to an opposite opinion. People have different ways of doing it. Take Desert Punk. If 3Dude puts him in his place, he just ignores the whole thing and waits eagerly for the next beating. But he doesn't whinge. I think CAPU's taken everything to heart, and now barely posts. When he does, it's not annoying like it used to be. Not the greatest way to take it. Then you can take me, who'll find the first avenue he can to turn it into a dirty joke.

As for you, currently from what I see you take things to literal to quick. I'm worried you don't take a breath when you fight back. Same goes for a lot of members. I said Julio, and feel free to add Saturn to the list at any time.

To clarify and conclude, I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. Nope, far from it. I'm just stating what I see. And you'll think you'll find a lot of members with a similar view. Of course, you could say I can't speak for the masses, and neither can I. Consider it a gut feeling that there's a level of agreement in what I've said.

So, Goku, shape up and get on my level.

AuzzieWingman.png

#30 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

What I mean is, you have a habit of posting in ill-favoured light. Particularly to news regarding the video game industry.

First off, swearing and filter bypassing. I'm not gonna nanny state anyone but it does become irritant to a lot of people (not specifically you, this goes for everyone).

Secondly, posting fanboyishly. Don't deny it, I've seen it. Whether it's posting ill about Sony and Microsoft, or posting in a raving mad style about Nintendo (often doubled up with Julio's posts as well, that's how I can clearly remember it). It's not a good behaviour to carry on the forum. I've seen it coupled with the first point as well. Just because it's a forum dedicated to the state of the Wii U, doesn't mean everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy nor does it have to be a place of Nintendo fanboys nor is it right to knock down on the efforts of other companies and developers.

Actually, on that last point, it's against the rules to knock down on other companies.

Finally, responding to an opposite opinion. People have different ways of doing it. Take Desert Punk. If 3Dude puts him in his place, he just ignores the whole thing and waits eagerly for the next beating. But he doesn't whinge. I think CAPU's taken everything to heart, and now barely posts. When he does, it's not annoying like it used to be. Not the greatest way to take it. Then you can take me, who'll find the first avenue he can to turn it into a dirty joke.

As for you, currently from what I see you take things to literal to quick. I'm worried you don't take a breath when you fight back. Same goes for a lot of members. I said Julio, and feel free to add Saturn to the list at any time.

To clarify and conclude, I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. Nope, far from it. I'm just stating what I see. And you'll think you'll find a lot of members with a similar view. Of course, you could say I can't speak for the masses, and neither can I. Consider it a gut feeling that there's a level of agreement in what I've said.

So, Goku, shape up and get on my level.

That's the thing though, I've never been a fanboy, I'm not very happy with Nintendo at the moment for the lack of 3rd party support, I'm not very happy with Sony cos' you must have a PS+ account to play multiplayer, and I'm not very happy with MS for the obvious reasons, sometimes the odd thing may slip out that makes me come off fanboyish, and I do joke arround a lot, but most of the time I just tell it how it is and express my opinion, that's all, sorry if I offended anyone.

#31 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well, all I'm saying is, there's a difference between expressing your opinion, and expressing it appropriately at a level that the generally community likes. I believe it's coined 'Netiquette'.

Try reading over your own posts before putting them through. You can't make mistakes that way.

AuzzieWingman.png

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Well, all I'm saying is, there's a difference between expressing your opinion, and expressing it appropriately at a level that the generally community likes. I believe it's coined 'Netiquette'.

Try reading over your own posts before putting them through. You can't make mistakes that way.

Thank's :)

#33 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

If I may offer a suggestion to solve this problem without making any real changes:

Everyone who wants to contribute to the smooth operations of this forum volunteer to do the following:

Pretend you work for this forum and treat any conflict or rule infraction with professionalism. 

Simply make a thread dictating everything you are agreeing to do, reply to it, like your signing it, place a title of some kind in your signature, and get a moderator to make it a sticky. Proceed politely pointing things like duplicate threads, double posts, argumentative behaviors, and other annoyances out. Better yet, try to discuss them. Delete the word, 'fanboy' from your vocabulary. 

Trust me. I have ran across a good amount of console fans that loved one brand or another. When I was younger, I argued like this with them. Now, I simply discuss it. I do not care if they like the Wii U, but, chances are, I like games on their favorite platform, and we find common ground. If I act like a jerk, I make Nintendo look bad (or AMD if we are talking about PC's vs consoles). 

This approach would be great. You could report posts if it were absolutely necessary, but you could try to solve the problem first, through discussion. The moderator tools should only come into play if someone is more or less belligerent. 

Through all of my experience lurking on forums, and through participating in many subjects, this seems to be the best manner possible. 

I appreciate your consideration. 

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

^ horsing care bears ^

You don't need to defend a moderator, it's their job to take criticism.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

^ horsing care bears ^

You don't need to defend a moderator, it's their job to take criticism.

I think we have found our new mod.

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

me be mod, me delete everything, even if not spam. you trust me, me spy on you.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Although I don't agree with Microsoft's business practices I don't talk hate and doom on it anymore. 

Signature_DK.png

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

I think we have found our new mod.

Auzzie?

Yeah, if she'd actually grow a pair and accept it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Although I don't agree with Microsoft's business practices I don't talk hate and doom on it anymore. 

Well done you - sarcasm

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 14 June 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#40 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

no, you just make 5 threads on how nobody is allowed to hate it. but your not as bad as you used to be.

Edited by Princeboo, 14 June 2013 - 08:25 AM.

bb0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!