Photo

Who would you want developing a potential Wii U Star Fox?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Okay, we all want it. Nintendo should know we want it. However, many capable developers exist that could do a good job. Treasure, having made Sin and Punishment would be an excellent choice. Hideki Kamiya wants to develop it, and after seeing the games Platinum has made, they'd be a very good choice as well. And of course, there's Retro. They've proven to be able to revive dormant Nintendo franchises, and are becoming sort of the modern version of 90s Rare. 

For me personally, I'd like to see Platinum develop the game. Kamiya has publicly stated he wants to do it, and Platinum has had a good relationship with Nintendo recently. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Nintendo buying them after Bayonetta 2 is finished and having them work on Star Fox. I think it would be a good match. 

So, would you like to see be the developer? Platinum? Treasure? Retro? EAD? Someone else entirely? Or are you convinced we won't get a Wii U Star Fox at all? Let us discuss.

Edited by Rainbow Dash, 25 June 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I want Retro developing it. They deliver cunning games and it should be just right for the series.

#3 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

The thing is, we haven't seen Retro make anything than other than Prime and Country Returns. We really have no idea of how a Retro developed Star Fox would turn out.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

The thing is, we haven't seen Retro make anything than other than Prime and Country Returns. We really have no idea of how a Retro developed Star Fox would turn out.

Have you played Metroid Prime 2? The graphics toward the middle to end of the game were pretty much what I would want to see from the graphics of a Star Fox game.

#5 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I'm not talking about graphics, it would obviously use the full power of the Wii U. I mean game-play wise, story wise, style wise, especially compared to previous entries. Retro can make great games, but are they right for Star Fox? That's a question we can't really answer at this point.

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Nintendo EAD

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I would like platinum games developing it, Kamiya has came out 3 TIMES NOW saying he wants to make a Star Fox game, once in 2010, once 10 months ago, and again last week. NINTENDO GIVE HIM THE CHANCE!!!

Recently Miyamoto has said the reason we haven't seen a star fox game (and F-Zero) is because he has no innovation for them... Miyamoto you release NEWSUPERMARIOBROS 4 JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO AND NOW MAKING SUPERMARIO3DWORLD!! GAH, Think of it like this, Nintendo created some cake, but they don't like the cake so they placed it in a draw, but refuse to give anyone else the cake and keeping ti for themselves to not eat... WHAT'S THE POINT! We just want a new game!!! 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

I want activision to make it they make shooters.

#9 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

I want activision to make it they make shooters.

Does this mean we can have yearly Star Fox reskins with slightly different maps and weapons? 

#10 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Konami or Insomniacs

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Platinum games is the perfect developer for it. I want to see a new project from Retro. Platinum is prefect for starfox, the gameplay would be amazing, and the graphics would be stellar as well. Plus they have been asking to create one for a year now, give it to the Miyamoto!! I am sure I would not be dissapointed. I want starfox to step out of the on rail shooter genre and become an action adventure 3rd person shooter, with massive space battles and huge environments. That would be awesome. I don't trust retro with a starfox anyways. To me they have made 3 mediocre games and one absolutely amazing game (DKCR).

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

I would like platinum games developing it, Kamiya has came out 3 TIMES NOW saying he wants to make a Star Fox game, once in 2010, once 10 months ago, and again last week. NINTENDO GIVE HIM THE CHANCE!!!

Recently Miyamoto has said the reason we haven't seen a star fox game (and F-Zero) is because he has no innovation for them... Miyamoto you release NEWSUPERMARIOBROS 4 JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO AND NOW MAKING SUPERMARIO3DWORLD!! GAH, Think of it like this, Nintendo created some cake, but they don't like the cake so they placed it in a draw, but refuse to give anyone else the cake and keeping ti for themselves to not eat... WHAT'S THE POINT! We just want a new game!!! 

Someone has been watching Shokio, but I agree. Let the guys who want to make it well make it especially if the guy who want's to make it makes great games. Even Sega said they wouldn't mind making another F-Zero.

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

I want Treasure to make it, because their game history is consisted of on-rails shooters. Games like Sin and Punishment and Ikaruga all play amazingly, and they are the best at sci-fi space shooting (well, there would be Factor 5, but I really didn't want to bring that up...I MISS YOU!)

I think a Star Fox that people want (one like 64) would be a waste for Retro to do because that game is really short, and Retro should do long epics. Platinum games would also be a good choice, because they have always done short, but replayable games, and they specialize in flashy, awesome action games.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 25 June 2013 - 04:07 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Nintendo does good work, I'd want them to do it. I don't like that they rely on other studios...

#15 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Retro. A lot of people want them to do it.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#16 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Nintendo does good work, I'd want them to do it. I don't like that they rely on other studios...

Well, technically Retro is Nintendo, so unless you're talking about EAD, I don't know who you would have in mind.

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Before Metroid Prime, we had no idea how a Retro Metroid would look. Before DK Returns, we didn't know how DK would work with Retro. Both ended up good.

However, I want Platinum Games because I don't want the backlash Retro would have of they made a new Star Fox game.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I loved Star Successor I am actually going to go with Treasure.

#19 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Before Metroid Prime, we had no idea how a Retro Metroid would look. Before DK Returns, we didn't know how DK would work with Retro. Both ended up good.

However, I want Platinum Games because I don't want the backlash Retro would have of they made a new Star Fox game.

Backlash? I really don't think there would've been any backlash, considering most were expecting their game to be Star Fox.

#20 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

My obvious choice would be Namco, but just because of the Ace Combat games.

Besides them, Treasure - like mentioned above -, Sega (all those Panzer Dragoon games and Space harriers). If you want to keep it more arcade-like. For something more serious, probably Konami, Platinum Games, Ubisoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!