• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has explained to investors that the company is busy working on system-wide asynchronous multiplayer for Miiverse. Basically this means that you will be able to send your play data to Miiverse for others to download and play against at a different time. There’s no information on when asynchronous multiplayer is going to be implemented, but it’s certainly an interesting development by Nintendo.

Source: http://mynintendonew...-miiverse-soon/

Well this is awesome, I didn't see or hear about this at all, what about you guys?

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 30 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

What Iwata actually said, was that Miiverse offers an experience when you can share you single player thoughts online with the multiple people on the console.

He also said in the same session how he's constantly being mis-quoted by the "media".

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

What Iwata actually said, was that Miiverse offers an experience when you can share you single player thoughts online with the multiple people on the console.

He also said in the same session how he's constantly being mis-quoted by the "media".

Lolol

#4 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Let´s hope the translation is correct!

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

LOL, I hope this is true now.

#6 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

If the first one was right my guess is it will be to download ghost data for mario kart

#7 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

This is really cool. It's basically an online version of what I used to do with Mario Kart 64. See, back in those days I didn't have anyone to compete against locally. Instead I would compete with Ghost data saved to a Memory Card, mailed back and forth between my cousin and I. Yes, postage was a little expensive and after a while it became the reason we eventually stopped doing this, but for a few months we had a great time competing with each other's ghost data.

So... now that I can do that without having to spend money on postage I'm all for this!

Edited by Phanto, 01 July 2013 - 08:56 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Miiverse, Multiplayer, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!