Photo

Nintendo of America responds to #NintendoRegionFree campaign for WiiU and 3DS.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

http://www.barrelrol...ocking.html?m=1

UPDATE (3/7/13 - 16:31 AEST): Response from Nintendo of America
"Nintendo has no plans to remove region locking from our systems. By taking this approach, Nintendo is able to include parental controls and ensure compliance with regional standards and rating systems."

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 CLOSED

CLOSED

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

But... I want region free so bad :(

#3 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

POPULAR

#Cut4RegionFreeNintendo

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

I don't see this stopping Sony or Microsoft. >_>

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm kind of on Nintendo's side with this one. I can't read Japanese anyway, so why would I want to play a game in Japanese?

...or French, or Italian, or any other language other than English. Can't read those languages.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well this is stupid, way to be behind even more Nintendo.

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Nintendo needs to come out of their shell and drop region-locking. Don't they understand the Wii U needs all the games it can get?

Nintendo needs to come out of their shell and drop region-locking. Don't they understand the Wii U needs all the games it can get?

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm kind of on Nintendo's side with this one. I can't read Japanese anyway, so why would I want to play a game in Japanese?

...or French, or Italian, or any other language other than English. Can't read those languages.

Japan isn't the only region people would be importing from. As for languages, this world is diverse, and too many people know other languages other than English.

Edited by Gaymer, 03 July 2013 - 08:44 AM.

• Doc likes this

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

People are PETITIONING AGAINST THEM, THEY'VE HEARD INTERVIEWERS AND CUSTOMERS ASK FOR IT, and they're still so stubborn...

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

They've been making the stupidest decisions as of late, lets see.

Your competitors have a more powerful next gen console and both can be able to play games from other regions, the Wii U is barely getting any support because of lack of population and hardware.

How is this not a good idea, they better plan on getting all games for all regions instead of a specific country like Japan did with the Wii.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Or we could just change their plans by pushing for it even more. Don't take no for an answer!!!

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Admittedly it makes more sense for countries like Austrailia where games are slow to arrive and expensive, but otherwise I don't see it beeing a big deal for most people. And the rest can always just import a Wii U for that region if they will be buying a lot of games from there. Hdmi is hdmi, so the ntsc vs pal stuff is history.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!