Photo

Who buys a Nintendo console for third party multiplats, anyways?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who buys a Nintendo console for third party multiplats, anyways? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

What games do you usually buy?

1. Virtually only Nintendo games (2 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

2. Nintendo games and some exclusives (8 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

3. Nintendo games, exclusives and some multiplatform games (34 votes [46.58%])

Percentage of vote: 46.58%

4. I buy them with the intention of playing all games on the same console (17 votes [23.29%])

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

5. I have multple consoles for playing different games (12 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

What you're saying right now is just inspirational cliche bs, which just proves you don't live in the real world.

#82 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

And some people pay for the exact same things, if you work hard and are smart with money you can afford almost anything, even things such as Ferrari's etc are within reach of the common man these days.

We have age ratings and restrictions here in aus, and you don't have to be rich at all to afford 2 basic home consoles at the age of 18, you just have to work hard. I worked from the day I was 14 and 9 months, worked every night after school and on weekends, still got through school with good grades, the majority of people I know did the same thing.

Well there is only one person who can change that isn't there.

I'm confused. Please elaborate.

Signature_DK.png

#83 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

We all enter the world the same way and leave it the same, what you do in between is up to you. I came from a poor family were our parents, although tried there best struggled to provide for us. I worked my ass off when I was younger to get the things I have now, all I'm saying is, don't assume everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth, if you put your mind to it you can do anything, and call it inspirational bull crap if you want but it's the truth.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#84 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

We all enter the world the same way and leave it the same, what you do in between is up to you. I came from a poor family were our parents, although tried there best struggled to provide for us. I worked my ass off when I was younger to get the things I have now, all I'm saying is, don't assume everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth, if you put your mind to it you can do anything, and call it inspirational bull crap if you want but it's the truth.

Believe me mate. I have goals that i'm working for.

Signature_DK.png

#85 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

And that's a good thing, stick to it and you will achieve them.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#86 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

It's not as simple as that. I'm a full time student with a part-time job. I have rent, food and utilities to pay for as well as helping out my parents when I can. I cannot afford two £300+ consoles and it doesn't matter how "hard" I work. There are people I know who cannot afford one console because they have even bigger responsibilities and have people who depend on them.

Climb down from your ivory tower and stop being so naive.

I bought my ps3 for 200 bucks with two controllers and six games in 2008.

You are purposefylly creating an impossible fantasy scenario.

There are no rules stating you have to buy all consoles at launch, and brand new.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#87 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

IM SORRY BUT THE AGUMENT GET ANOTHER CONSOLE IS SO """"""""""""FANBOY"""""""" ITS TEAR DOWN CHEEK SADDENING...

if i buy a ps4 what does this eqate

il answer because i doubt you know

IM SUPPORTING A INDUSTRY THAT FRANKLY NEEDS TO DIE AND DIE FAST

i will not back a dualshock fps in a Wii remote world THAT IS A ACT OF silly ponyATION

get a ps4 for fifa why buy nintendo or buy another console

EXCUSE ME

i buy a ps4 then ea the evil continues to give me ps1 controls and out dated dumbed down games and gamepaly and mechanics

IF I BUY WIIU AND """""""""""""""22DEMAND GAME DEVS SUPPORT IT CURRECTLY AND TRUTHFULLY"""""""

I GET A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF FIFA GAMEPAD AS MANAGMENT TACTICS SCREEN AND WII REMOTE AND NUNCHUCK AS A RTS /TRADITIONAL CONTROL SET UP

PRESTO IV INVESTED IN >>>>>>NEXT GENERATION GAMING AND THRU THE ACT OF PURPHOSING A WIIU<<<<<<<<<<<<  ENCURRAGED CREATIVITY FORWARD THINKING NEW WAYS TO PLAY

LOL AT XBONE AND PS4 THERE IRELEVENT TO A REAL GAMER

What you are saying is pure fanboyism. It's good to have multiple consoles so you can experience a plethora of games. And why are you typing like that? To get extra attention?

Signature_DK.png

#88 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I bought my ps3 for 200 bucks with two controllers and six games in 2008.

You are purposefylly creating an impossible fantasy scenario.

There are no rules stating you have to buy all consoles at launch, and brand new.

I assumed we were talking about buying two full price brand new consoles. Otherwise what would be the point in even talking about it since I could go out and buy a PS2 for £20? For argument's sake we are talking about buying consoles in the short term, not talking about years down the line after saving and saving and then eventually buying a PS4.

Doesn't matter anyway since this argument is over.

Edited by Hunter, 27 August 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#89 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

You'd have to have a pretty lavish lifestyle to be able to buy every single game you want and have time to play them all, even if they are all on the same console. I will get Nintendo games at launch because they aren't usually discounted, but other games and consoles it's best to wait. I had gotten Bioshock Infinity only a few weeks ago when there were discounts and coupons bringing it down to $28, for example.

And the consoles themselves will be discounted over time, though I doubt you'll see anything more than $100 off in the first year if the Wii u is any indication.

Edited by grahamf, 27 August 2013 - 01:37 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#90 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

you can take eight games out of that fifteen because they are on DS, GB, NES etc just Nintendo have been around longer than Playstation or Xbox, there is a hell of a lot of sequels in the Nintendo list to, Nintendo consoles over the years have been losing the depth & range of games on the platform.

Last I heard the 3DS was selling like hotcakes.

Signature_DK.png

#91 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

I did pretty much the same as you, I don't live in an ivory tower, I'm just a realist, you might not be able to afford both consoles at this very moment, but if you put your mind to it, in the not to distant future you will most likely be able to. Its all about priorities. If it's what you really want, make it happen it's as simple as that.

The point is Nintendo was trying trying to build it cheap as possible but charging a premium price. They could have build a better box with less profit margin. But they cared not for the blight of the workingman.

All they care about is making just good enough Run the games they make and not worrying about what outside developers wanted. Sony did care and they will rock this gen.

#92 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

The point is Nintendo was trying trying to build it cheap as possible but charging a premium price. They could have build a better box with less profit margin. But they cared not for the blight of the workingman.

All they care about is making just good enough Run the games they make and not worrying about what outside developers wanted. Sony did care and they will rock this gen.

I have to agree with you on this. Not so much on a horsepower level but on the quality of the raw products used.

My 3DS XL can barely touch anything without the paint coming off in some places. And the Wii U casing is just atrocious. It feels so cheap and makes those plastic noises.. and gets scratches from literally EVERYTHING it touches. Even from a plain wood surface. It's unacceptable. 

Both systems have good designs, but they feel so damn cheap. I'd rather pay $249 for 3DS XL with a premium look, instead of a $199 machine that looks a feels like a toy. 

I miss the premium look of my DSi :/

Edited by Arkhandar, 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#93 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

My 3ds XL and wii u still look as good as the day I got them, and I'm not overall careful with them either. Hell I don't eve of have a screen protector on the gamepad

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#94 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

My 3ds XL and wii u still look as good as the day I got them, and I'm not overall careful with them either. Hell I don't eve of have a screen protector on the gamepad

Mine are in relatively good condition too, and kudos to Nintendo for the GamePad screen.. but the casings, they still feel very cheap, especially the Wii U.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#95 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

So, you're saying that everyone, regardless of what family they were born in, can be rich enough to own two video game consoles if they just work hard enough? Using yourself as an example just proves that it happened to one perosn, not that it is possible for everyone. But I'll just leave you with your beliefs. I mean, people believe in all sorts of things, right?

#96 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

This is nonsense, since a load of developers came out saying how great the Wii U was. Also with Wii U still selling at a loss how can that nonsense about profit be true?

Truth is the 3rd party situation is still down the lack of sales. If we all go crazy for Watch Dogs then Ubisoft will put a lot of effort into future Wii U games.

#97 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

This is nonsense, since a load of developers came out saying how great the Wii U was. Also with Wii U still selling at a loss how can that nonsense about profit be true?

Truth is the 3rd party situation is still down the lack of sales. If we all go crazy for Watch Dogs then Ubisoft will put a lot of effort into future Wii U games.

Have you seen the books? I highly doubt it is selling at a loss. Maybe the are amortizing development cost in the first year. ... who knows. Know way that souped up GC is selling at an actual loss. I don't believe it for a second.

Also where are these developers? Once again it is the weakest system for reasons I mentioned and this will make most developers steer clear.

Case in point I will be buying the PS4 watch dogs with 95% certainty. As I am sure will be the case with any multi-plat. Just like last gen.

Others feel the same. I am just saying it.

#98 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Have you seen the books? I highly doubt it is selling at a loss. Maybe the are amortizing development cost in the first year. ... who knows. Know way that souped up GC is selling at an actual loss. I don't believe it for a second.

Also where are these developers? Once again it is the weakest system for reasons I mentioned and this will make most developers steer clear.

Case in point I will be buying the PS4 watch dogs with 95% certainty. As I am sure will be the case with any multi-plat. Just like last gen.

Others feel the same. I am just saying it.

http://www.gamesindu...wii-u-at-a-loss

The weaker systems have won the past 6 or so gens in a row.

Your logic isnt lining up with reality.

Even if the wii u does end up losing, your logic and arguments are still erroneous.

Its like sayingbthe skyis blue because its made of paint.Well, yess the sky is indeed blue but... yeah.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#99 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

http://www.gamesindu...wii-u-at-a-loss

The weaker systems have won the past 6 or so gens in a row.

Your logic isnt lining up with reality.

Even if the wii u does end up losing, your logic and arguments are still erroneous.

Its like sayingbthe skyis blue because its made of paint.Well, yess the sky is indeed blue but... yeah.

I would hardly say the Wii Won the last gen. Yes for sheer number of units sold Nintendo did very well. For selling Mario games etc. Yes, no argument. That is wonderful.

But as a consumer I needed a second system to enjoy multi-plat games at the best they could be. Sales of those games were dismal on the Wii in comparison to the other 2.

This is still in the minds of developers and consumers. The long term brand of Nintendo home consoles lost big time. They are now thought of as "the other system". Not even close to first choice.

What did black ops 2 sell on Wii U... like 25, 000?

I bought one because I buy all the systems. So I am kind of an outlier.

This round Nintendo does not have the magic gimmick to sell 100 million units. I am guessing Wii U will top out at 20-30 million. It will be the Mario/Zelda system in many homes and that is it.

That is my argument and I see no data to suggest I will be wrong.

PS4 well be in more homes world wide than Wii U in about 6 months if Sony can handle the production.

Edited by Dharmanator, 28 August 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#100 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I would hardly say the Wii Won the last gen. Yes for sheer number of units sold Nintendo did very well. For selling Mario games etc. Yes, no argument. That is wonderful.
But as a consumer I needed a second system to enjoy multi-plat games at the best they could be. Sales of those games were dismal on the Wii in comparison to the other 2.
This is still in the minds of developers and consumers. The long term brand of Nintendo home consoles lost big time. They are now thought of as "the other system". Not even close to first choice.
What did black ops 2 sell on Wii U... like 25, 000?
I bought one because I buy all the systems. So I am kind of an outlier.
This round Nintendo does not have the magic gimmick to sell 100 million units. I am guessing Wii U will top out at 20-30 million. It will be the Mario/Zelda system in many homes and that is it.
That is my argument and I see no data to suggest I will be wrong.
PS4 well be in more homes world wide than Wii U in about 6 months if Sony can handle the production.

Lol.

You are so trying this argument on the wrong person.

Its so ineffective. Check out my previous posts.

What you are crying about, I want to happen. I want it to happen on all 3 consoles and multiplats can fester with the rest of the garbage.

Your tears are like a delicacy to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!