Photo

Who buys a Nintendo console for third party multiplats, anyways?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who buys a Nintendo console for third party multiplats, anyways? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

What games do you usually buy?

1. Virtually only Nintendo games (2 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

2. Nintendo games and some exclusives (8 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

3. Nintendo games, exclusives and some multiplatform games (34 votes [46.58%])

Percentage of vote: 46.58%

4. I buy them with the intention of playing all games on the same console (17 votes [23.29%])

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

5. I have multple consoles for playing different games (12 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Wasn't final fantasy 6, the sixth game in that series?

Ass creed etc. are just a handful of games from a list of thousands released yearly.
Were you one of those people who said the Wii was rainbow because it had some "shovelware" on it?

There's never been big Hollywood style industry mentality in gaming before the last gen, it's like summer movies.
Gaming was niche, now there's money in it. blame the PS2.
It's a big circle jerk. They see there's profit if they make it appeal to the lowest common denominator, they advertise, everyone sees the advertisements and thinks that's what they should be interested in, because most gamers are children looking to belong somewhere, then journalists catch on and hammer it home more, leading to more money for the makers and more advertisements, cycle that for a few years.

ff6 sure was. Though at the time we only knew about 3. The first one was a nice different take on the ultima experience. the 2nd (or fourth) was pretty interesting story wise, and the third (or sixth) happened to click with me so well because it featured fresh new talent that has a way of doing things that just strike me the right way (I dont really care for any of the other ones, especially once square decided going pre rendered backgrounds means gutting the adventure side of gaming). They did it again with chrono trigger, a VERY fresh take on the genre. Then xenogears, then bk (didnt much care for xenosaga, didnt have the same focus, oh well) then xenoblade, and im very much looking forward to X.

I dont think thats too terribly saturated spread over twenty years.

As for popcorn gaminb, theres no big profit in it anymore. The bloated budgets have spiraled out of control, and now not only are we playing boring reskins of the same handful of games over and over again. They cant turn a profit despite selling millions of units. Just look at re6 and tomb raider. They are all desperately trying to make every game a hit franchise lie call of duty, or one of the other handful of cinematic mega hits. And when it fails because not every game can be a mega hit, they try and turn it into call of duty. And when that fails, do they see the error of their ways? No, they blame us.

They will change, or their will be another changing of the guard. Old for new.

And I will be there again to light the gigantic corpses on fire and dance around the smoldering remains.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#62 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

IM SORRY BUT THE AGUMENT GET ANOTHER CONSOLE IS SO """"""""""""FANBOY"""""""" ITS TEAR DOWN CHEEK SADDENING...

if i buy a ps4 what does this eqate

il answer because i doubt you know

IM SUPPORTING A INDUSTRY THAT FRANKLY NEEDS TO DIE AND DIE FAST

i will not back a dualshock fps in a Wii remote world THAT IS A ACT OF silly ponyATION

get a ps4 for fifa why buy nintendo or buy another console

EXCUSE ME

i buy a ps4 then ea the evil continues to give me ps1 controls and out dated dumbed down games and gamepaly and mechanics

IF I BUY WIIU AND """""""""""""""22DEMAND GAME DEVS SUPPORT IT CURRECTLY AND TRUTHFULLY"""""""

I GET A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF FIFA GAMEPAD AS MANAGMENT TACTICS SCREEN AND WII REMOTE AND NUNCHUCK AS A RTS /TRADITIONAL CONTROL SET UP

PRESTO IV INVESTED IN >>>>>>NEXT GENERATION GAMING AND THRU THE ACT OF PURPHOSING A WIIU<<<<<<<<<<<<  ENCURRAGED CREATIVITY FORWARD THINKING NEW WAYS TO PLAY

LOL AT XBONE AND PS4 THERE IRELEVENT TO A REAL GAMER

#63 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

IM SORRY BUT THE AGUMENT GET ANOTHER CONSOLE IS SO """"""""""""FANBOY"""""""" ITS TEAR DOWN CHEEK SADDENING...

i will not back a dualshock fps in a Wii remote world THAT IS A ACT OF silly ponyATION

EXCUSE ME

i buy a ps4 then ea the evil continues to give me ps1 controls and out dated dumbed down games and gamepaly and mechanics

IF I BUY WIIU AND """""""""""""""22DEMAND GAME DEVS SUPPORT IT CURRECTLY AND TRUTHFULLY"""""""

I GET A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF FIFA GAMEPAD AS MANAGMENT TACTICS SCREEN AND WII REMOTE AND NUNCHUCK AS A RTS /TRADITIONAL CONTROL SET UP

PRESTO IV INVESTED IN >>>>>>NEXT GENERATION GAMING AND THRU THE ACT OF PURPHOSING A WIIU<<<<<<<<<<<<  ENCURRAGED CREATIVITY FORWARD THINKING NEW WAYS TO PLAY

3qx5j0.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#64 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

EXCUSE ME

Your thoughts are very.. logic, i think. Then again, it's not really that hard to misinterpret anything you say. 

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#65 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

EXCUSE ME

PRESTO IV INVESTED IN >>>>>>NEXT GENERATION GAMING AND THRU THE ACT OF PURPHOSING A WIIU<<<<<<<<<<<< ENCURRAGED CREATIVITY FORWARD THINKING NEW WAYS TO PLAY

3qx5j0.jpg

Classic.

#66 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I agree with you but, for people who can only get one console and want the Nintendo exclusives it sucks because then they can't play some of the great multiplatform games like GTAV 

If your old enough to legally play GTA you should be old enough to afford more than one console.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#67 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

If your old enough to legally play GTA you should be old enough to afford more than one console.

Or to join the PC master race

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#68 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

As I said, tons of Nintendo only players such as myself buy the third party games. Just got Splinter Cell Blacklist, enjoying the exclusive Gamepad features. Will be getting Sonic Lost World, Batman Arkham Origins, and Watch Dogs. 

#69 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Some people have more important things to pay for than 2 games consoles at around £400 each.

#70 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Don't shove the Nintendo system to the side and go: "oh yeah, if you want Nintendo games get that"... "if you want third party games get the Playstation" 

#71 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Don't shove the Nintendo system to the side and go: "oh yeah, if you want Nintendo games get that"... "if you want third party games get the Playstation"

I dont get 3rd party games on playstation.

Sotc_boxart.jpg
256px-Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg
Ghosthunter.jpg
darkcloud_ps2box_usa_org_01boxart_160w.j
Dark_Cloud_2.jpg
256px-Alundra.jpg (rip studio liverpool. God this gen was mostly crap... mostly)

8252729323f94854ba6ebjpg-84366d_800w-610

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#72 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

They were actually saying on this weeks Weekend Confirmed podcast that this gen has been the best one ever.

Given that the variety of games has narrowed hugely over the last 7 years I don't see how you can make that claim.

#73 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, as soon as you turn 18, you magically become rich.

Edit: I actually don't know the law of your country, here it's legal to play any game at any age. My point is just that your argument is silly.

Edited by storabajskorven, 27 August 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#74 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

The problem is that many wish we could have the best of both worlds.

Why can't we have a powerful console that plays the Nintendo exclusives and gets versions of the 3rd party games that aren't watered down.

Hell. I can't even play a dvd on the damn thing, much less a bluray.

Arrrrg.

Well I do like Nintendo games and can afford 2-3 consoles. Am I the target market?

Looking at the dismal sales. ...I would say no. People are waiting for the other 2.

Edited by Dharmanator, 27 August 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#75 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I enjoy a few 3rd party multiplat games as long as they aren't butchered ports lacking features or else I will get it on another system.

Not true. Many young adults are poor.

Signature_DK.png

#76 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

I pretty much only play nintendo games... on all my consoles.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#77 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

I like the innovation Nintendo bring with their consoles but am interested in 3rd party titles as the Wii U will be my only console this generation. 

#78 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Some people have more important things to pay for than 2 games consoles at around £400 each.

And some people pay for the exact same things, if you work hard and are smart with money you can afford almost anything, even things such as Ferrari's etc are within reach of the common man these days.

Yeah, as soon as you turn 18, you magically become rich.

Edit: I actually don't know the law of your country, here it's legal to play any game at any age. My point is just that your argument is silly.

We have age ratings and restrictions here in aus, and you don't have to be rich at all to afford 2 basic home consoles at the age of 18, you just have to work hard. I worked from the day I was 14 and 9 months, worked every night after school and on weekends, still got through school with good grades, the majority of people I know did the same thing.

I enjoy a few 3rd party multiplat games as long as they aren't butchered ports lacking features or else I will get it on another system.

Well there is only one person who can change that isn't there.

Edited by cannonshane, 27 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#79 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

And some people pay for the exact same things, if you work hard and are smart with money you can afford almost anything, even things such as Ferrari's etc are within reach of the common man these days.

We have age ratings and restrictions here in aus, and you don't have to be rich at all to afford 2 basic home consoles at the age of 18, you just have to work hard. I worked from the day I was 14 and 9 months, worked every night after school and on weekends, still got through school with good grades, the majority of people I know did the same thing.

It's not as simple as that. I'm a full time student with a part-time job. I have rent, food and utilities to pay for as well as helping out my parents when I can. I cannot afford two £300+ consoles and it doesn't matter how "hard" I work. There are people I know who cannot afford one console because they have even bigger responsibilities and have people who depend on them.

Climb down from your ivory tower and stop being so naive.

#80 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

I did pretty much the same as you, I don't live in an ivory tower, I'm just a realist, you might not be able to afford both consoles at this very moment, but if you put your mind to it, in the not to distant future you will most likely be able to. Its all about priorities. If it's what you really want, make it happen it's as simple as that.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!