Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

The controls are as tight as capcom/clover/platinums best. And there is an option for EVERYTHING, got a move you never like to use but sometimes accidentally draw it instead of something you want? You can actually turn the move off.

The drawing on the screen is self explanatory and simple (I dont like it because i dont want to take my hands off the controls), and with the right stick, its an improved version of okami's celestial brush.

The actual button controls are the best out there, but the game gives nothing to you, you earn everything. Anyone can stumble through the game like a chump, but, and you can already check this out on youtube, platinum/pure platinum runs showcases how deep the rabbit hole goes if you have the skills.

How much you can enjoy the game can literally be seen by how interesting it is to watch you play.

http://it.ign.com/re...-il-capolavoro-

Apparantly Italians love it. Hmm... makes sense.

Well, I loved Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus Uprising, both of which have apparently "difficult" controls, so I think I will love The Wonderful 101 as well.

Bring the noise.

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

They're fine.

The only truly bad score.
And it's because of some French jokes.
Looks like this guy wants some hits for his website.

Im amazed he actually managed to get it to play on his wii.

Probably why he had such a miserable time with it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

Im amazed he actually managed to get it to play on his wii.

Probably why he had such a miserable time with it.

I noticed that too, I wanted to rip his heart out and spit in his chest.
It's very annoying that it's hard to find "Wii U" sections most places.
And look at the p4 and x1 sections popping up everywhere. It's biased, and so horsing annoying to add an extra pile of rainbow to a simple task of trying to find something you want for a platform.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#44 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I actually think the review is pretty fair judging by my own experience with the game though I haven't play the whole game and I currently don't plan to. I usually don't really like her reviews, especially the Pikmin 3 one, but this wasn't the case here.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#45 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

I actually think the review is pretty fair judging by my own experience with the game though I haven't play the whole game and I currently don't plan to. I usually don't really like her reviews, especially the Pikmin 3 one, but this wasn't the case here.

Im still just amazed an ign review managed to pick a score that coincides with what they
wrote, true or not.

Im not really going to look any deeper until i get the whole game myself.

That being said, if every other thing she wrote you found suspect, vegas odds state this isnt an exception where she magically actually understood something infinitely more complicated than what you feel she typically fails at.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#46 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...rful-101-review

Oh dear, the lesbian from IGN doesn't rate it highly. That must mean it's terrible.... :rolleyes:

Uhhhh is the lesbian thing an insult or is that actually true?

You shouldn't call people lesbians just because they don't give the game 9 or 10 outta 10

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#47 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

the-wonderful-101-8-19-05.jpg

gotta love the refferences!

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#48 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

http://www.metacriti...e-wonderful-101

I already said that this game was being hyped up months before the reviews rolled in.

It's a decent game and had potential like the IGN reviewer said but could have been a lot better in her opinion. Still looks fun, but I'll wait for a price cut on this one. 

I don't see why OP is so offended by the review, I mean it's just her opinion. I never understand how people take review scores so personally. Feel free to go get a job at IGN and you too can review games. If you are so offended you can always go to YouTube and upload your own video review of the game. YouTube is becoming a common place for game reviews as well. 

OP is raging so hard in this thread. Take a chill pill. Your game isn't as perfect as you thought it would be. 

And really the "lesbian" comment in your post? Is that necessary? 

Nice Pikman 3 review by the way! That is exactly what you should do instead of raging like the OP lol 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 20 August 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#49 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Feel free to go get a job at IGN and you too can review games. If you are so offended you can always go to YouTube and upload your own video review of the game. YouTube is becoming a common place for game reviews as well. 

OP is raging so hard in this thread. Take a chill pill. Your game isn't as perfect as you thought it would be. 

And really the "lesbian" comment in your post? Is that necessary? 

Nice Pikman 3 review by the way! That is exactly what you should do instead of raging like the OP lol

Could be a hurdle since the game isn't out yet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#50 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Could be a hurdle since the game isn't out yet.

Well of course which I think is a bit unfair that these websites can review the game but the rest of us can't yet. But I still believe the IGN review was fine and the anger is a little unwarranted when the author didn't flat out bash the game and she did give the game a generous score just because a game doesn't score a 9.0 doesn't mean it's bad. 

#51 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

An average youtube user shows us how difficult the controls are, even for the "profesional and experienced" reviewers

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#52 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

I didn't think the review was that bad- and from the other reviews, she echoes the concerns of others with the controls- but they all say that the game is fun, creative and refreshing. Not sure if I'm going to get it at release b/c I have several games that I haven't even played all that much but own.... Plus there's others in the pipeline that I want coming out soon.  But will eventually get it I'm sure. 

#53 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

This time around, I honestly don't care about the reviews. A demo is out, so I made my judgement on if I wanted this game or not depending on the demo. Since I really enjoyed the demo, I'll be getting it. Even if the demo wasn't out, all the reviews are still giving it decent scores, so I'd still consider getting it.

Edited by Firejonie, 21 August 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#54 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

This time around, I honestly don't care about the reviews. A demo is out, so I made my judgement on if I wanted this game or not depending on the demo. Since I really enjoyed the demo, I'll be getting it. Even if the demo wasn't out, all the reviews are still giving it decent scores, so I'd still consider getting it.

EXACTLY! The demo more than sold me even more on the game. I still can't believe we are having this controls issue still. My two older kids are under the age of 10 and are playing this game getting gold and platinum on levels. I really can't believe this is one of the gripes with this game.

#55 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yeah, ok I've been playing this game for a few hours now annnnddd..... what was that ign reviewer thinking?

I'm sorry I know opinions and all that but this game imo is an almost perfect action game.

Controls? No problem

Story & characters? Interesting and funny

Gameplay? Exhilarating, pure fun, very solid and has a deep combo system.

Also how does the game not explain itself?

Have you not heard of the electronic manual?

Btw watch this video if you want to see how to properly play this game and why ign's review did it no justice at all

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 25 August 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#56 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Agreed on reviewers- I was looking at reviews for two games that I have. Sonic and Need for Speed.  I like both but I don't see how NFS is rated higher.

Yeah, ok I've been playing this game for a few hours now annnnddd..... what was that ign reviewer thinking?

I'm sorry I know opinions and all that but this game imo is an almost perfect action game.

Controls? No problem

Story & characters? Interesting and funny

Gameplay? Exhilarating, pure fun, very solid and has a deep combo system.

Also how does the game not explain itself?

Have you not heard of the electronic manual?

Btw watch this video if you want to see how to properly play this game and why ign's review did it no justice at all

#57 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

First game I'm getting with my Wind Waker bundle. I love the anime style characters and story. 

#58 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I gotta say I'd take ign over Gamespot any day. However i did like rich and Audrey over keza. I found that they cared more about the details i care about as a gamer. But if you want a really great totally biased website, check out Nintendosushi.com. i discovered them this winter and they are really interesting. Just three British dudes rocking a website.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#59 SwagandOnly

SwagandOnly

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:benjohnsonnn

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Great scores in general. It's a game you love it or hate it anyway. :)

Why reading reviews when you can just download the demo and see it for yourself?

It gives you an idea on what the game is like. Besides, why do weaboos like you play these demos when you can buy the game when it comes out?

swagandonly.com

#60 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

It gives you an idea on what the game is like. Besides, why do weaboos like you play these demos when you can buy the game when it comes out?

Because the demo is free while the full game is $60.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!