Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

http://mynintendonew...-worst-version/

US gaming publication GameSpot has reviewed Rayman Legends on Xbox 360 and Wii U and concludes that the Wii U version is the worst of the bunch. The publication says that this is simply down to the Murfy stages which utilise the Wii U GamePad touchscreen. The reviewer claims that these stages break the flow of the game. GameSpot has awarded the game 8.0 on the Wii U, while the Xbox 360 version has scored 9.0.

“Legends on the Wii U slams on the breaks in certain levels by putting you in control of Murfy, a helpful fly, while the AI moves Rayman. Here, you must shift your focus to the GamePad as you spread guacamole and ready catapults in an attempt to guide your bipedal friend to safety. These levels are a noticeable misstep in a game bursting with great ideas. Rayman walks forward without any involvement from you for long stretches, and oftentimes waits stubbornly while you try to pull object in the exact place he desires. Vacillating between passive and fiddly is a poor way to inject diversity. Even when things run smoothly, controlling Murfy isn’t engaging because progress requires neither puzzle solving nor dexterity on your part. There is some appeal in playing with a friend because anyone controlling Murfy can torment his or her friend. But, Legends stumbles in these stages, especially compared to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions in which you control Murfy with a button tap while running as Rayman.”

picardfacepalm.gif

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

In other words: "WAH THEY DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND FUN LET'S CRY ABOUT IT"

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

The button press wasn't even fun because you had to slow down and wait for Murphy to be able to interact with the object. At least playing as Murphy is enjoyable. Not to mention the Wii U version is best for multiplayer because you can have 5 people at once, and Murphy makes the multiplayer even more fun because unlike Boost Mode, you actually do something engaging.

Then again, this is the same site that couldn't figure out Skyward Sword's motion controls and played ZombiU like Nazi Zombies...

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 02 September 2013 - 01:28 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

There are some stages indeed that are problematic (I actually had to switch to the Wii U Pro Controller and play with it and the GamePad simultaneously...) but overall I don't think the AI is that stupid. And the person who wrote this obviously hasn't tried to gather everything in each level to comprehend how creative you actually have to be sometimes to keep up with the rhythm of the AI.

I'm tired of that anti-WiiU propaganda we've been witnessing.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Isn't this the same website who gave ducktales 4.5 because when you die you start at the beginning of the level again, Hated skyward sword because he couldn't move his arm? I HIGHLY Doute anyone will take him seriously. TONS of people have said the Wii U (Or Vita) Versions are the best, he's the ONLY guy who's said ps3/xbox 360 is better. Eeh i guess everyone has their opinions, just this guys opinion is wrong.

Edited by Chrop, 02 September 2013 - 06:39 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

How is this possible when it was built from the ground up for the Wii U? Are they not good? 

Isn't this the same website who gave ducktales 4.5 because when you die you start at the beginning of the level again, Hated skyward sword because he couldn't move his arm? I HIGHLY Doute anyone will take him seriously. TONS of people have said the Wii U (Or Vita) Versions are the best, he's the ONLY guy who's said ps3/xbox 360 is better. Eeh i guess everyone has their opinions, just this guys opinion is wrong.

ITP: Gamefaqs is a person. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Facepalm...

Nothing more can be said.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#8 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

i guess thats why the wii u version outsold the ps360 versions in UK

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Tom McShea review, not surprising.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

This IS Gamespot, after all. I am not sure how much credibility they still wield with gamers after giving The Last of Us an "8"....far below the rest of the reviewing community. Also, check out the Gamespot reviewer profiles sometime. They take trolling popular games as a badge of honor by saying things like, "Hates all the games you love" and other gems that have no place being expressed by "professionals."

Edited by McMurphy, 02 September 2013 - 09:00 AM.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#11 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

This makes me wonder is there really a site we can trust for its reviews? There have been so many fails at IGN and GameStop recently that sometimes I think the game journalism might be dead.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#12 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yah I personally enjoy playing as Murphy. I've actually heard the WiiU was the best version from other sites. Either way who cares, the game is going to be awesome.

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

This makes me wonder is there really a site we can trust for its reviews? There have been so many fails at IGN and GameStop recently that sometimes I think the game journalism might be dead.

How's this?

http://www.computera...anigans-review/

http://www.nintendow...om/review/35322

Edited by grahamf, 02 September 2013 - 09:42 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Idc, I bought the PC version

also lol gamespot suks

794144.png?13383682

#15 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

LOL gamespot 

bb0.gif

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

In b4 they give the PSV version 9.9/10

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

It's Gamespot so I didn't expect a good review from them. Their bias against Nintendo is very blatant.

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I can see why some people might not like the manually controlled Murfy segments, and prefer the button presses. But I don't think it's worth a whole point taken off. I honestly don't agree with Gamespot with some of their reviews. That 4.5 score to DuckTales HD was just because "waa it's too hard" and "waaaa it has cutscenes", highly unjustified.

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Coming from Gamespot that doesn't surprise me. They never liked Nintendo's innovation or features. It makes me wonder if they just hate Nintendo all together..

In other words: "WAH THEY DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND FUN LET'S CRY ABOUT IT"

Exactly.

Signature_DK.png

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

The problem is this game was originally built for the WiiU only, it's likely that some of their gamepad features had to be tweaked thoroughly in order to make it playable on the other platforms.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!