Photo

Any ideas to make the site more appealing?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

All we really need is more activity and more members. 

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#62 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

We had a decent amount of members but they cried and left when the chat was removed instead of sticking around. It was booming E3 period though.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#63 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

We had a decent amount of members but they cried and left when the chat was removed instead of sticking around. It was booming E3 period though.

That's weird. More reason to bring chat back

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#64 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

The staff doesn't care. They make it seem like they do, but they couldn't care less  with what the people want. They say they're "open" to feedback, but they never implement what the members want. If I was in charge of this dump, I guarantee you I'll turn it around in two months top.

You also have the ladies like Villager/Miltionius/and Molester Man who do nothing at all but complain about this site and do ABSOLUTELY nothing to try and improve it. Moronic cynics.  Then again you have the guys like Firejonie and Blake who live in the past and remembrance about the good ol' days and how they used to spend endless hours on a chatroom having great times, yet they haven't done a damn thing to try and suggest anything for this site to improve. My main issue is that Mournblade and her lack of trust in her staff, he doesn't want to promote anyone else to Super Mod. Chaotix is a moderator for a joke forum, Routerbad died probably, and nobody cares about the effort 3Dude puts in his post, yet he doesn't get promoted? And then we have Feld0 who's obsessed with a show directed for four year girls, who's admitted to people that this place is only up because of MLP revenue. He doesn't give a damn about these forums, history shows it. There's so many people out there willing to buy a Wii U forum and see the potential in it, but Feld0 is too contemptuous to sell this place because she gets to put it on her resume of sites. 

Nobody puts in an effort. No one. Everyone is either full rainbow or just loving flapping there twelve year old gums and don't have respect for an old man. 

Edited by Smoke Meth HAIL SATAN, 11 September 2013 - 05:05 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#65 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

That's weird. More reason to bring chat back

A room would be a bad idea unless it has constant supervision but a front page chatbox may work.

Signature_DK.png

#66 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

who's obsessed with a show directed for four year girls

Hey man,n me matrixchicken and tom (I assume) are all bronies. Don't try and use that as a character flaw unless you`re tryin' to start something. Just saying.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#67 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

My main issue is that Mournblade and her lack of trust in her staff, he doesn't want to promote anyone else to Super Mod. Chaotix is a moderator for a joke forum, Routerbad died probably, and nobody cares about the effort 3Dude puts in his post, yet he doesn't get promoted?

There is no trust problem, I created the section mod idea because I didn't want 5 or more super mods, which wouldn't be needed (when Andy and Josh were still mods).

You want news?  Here it is:

I am still figuring out my schedule for college and am getting less and less freetime, that is, if I want to pursue programming and computer science.  The reason there isn't a new mod is because I have been lazy and haven't opened discussions with the others on the subject yet.

I want to have a mod for the RP/Games section so it doesn't fall apart again.  I have already talked with Chaotix about his position as he will be stepping down as a mod for reasons.

As for Routerbad, I haven't contacted him, but he isn't here due to personal reasons, some members are already aware of (a few of which who contacted me about it).

As for 3Dude, I have a good amount of respect for him and he has done great so far.  I haven't yet talked to him about the option of super mod yet, but he isn't underappreciated.

You spend time criticizing members here and talk quite a bit about how you'd be able to change things, yet you were one of the causes for a degeneration in the community for quite some time if I remember correctly.

#68 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

A chatbox that can be viewed from the front page would be a good idea.

As I just told Nollog the best idea would be a chatbox that can be viewed from the front just like 3DSF

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

But we could try it out if you really want to be a 3dsforums.com clone.
It'll draw members in if it's visible before you register, sure.
You just really seem to want chat. Mournblade should do it to test you all out.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#69 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

There is no trust problem, I created the section mod idea because I didn't want 5 or more super mods, which wouldn't be needed (when Andy and Josh were still mods).
You want news?  Here it is:
I am still figuring out my schedule for college and am getting less and less freetime, that is, if I want to pursue programming and computer science.  The reason there isn't a new mod is because I have been lazy and haven't opened discussions with the others on the subject yet.
I want to have a mod for the RP/Games section so it doesn't fall apart again.  I have already talked with Chaotix about his position as he will be stepping down as a mod for reasons.
As for Routerbad, I haven't contacted him, but he isn't here due to personal reasons, some members are already aware of (a few of which who contacted me about it).
As for 3Dude, I have a good amount of respect for him and he has done great so far.  I haven't yet talked to him about the option of super mod yet, but he isn't underappreciated.

You spend time criticizing members here and talk quite a bit about how you'd be able to change things, yet you were one of the causes for a degeneration in the community for quite some time if I remember correctly.

I critize members here because they deserve it for being tools. At least I don't live in the past Mournblade, I move forward. We're in the sane place we've been on since May. We need an Admin that doesn't wait 678865 years to act and knows what's best for business

#70 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Can anyone please tell me what exactly is wrong with the Wii U News section of the site?

To be honest I don't think having a section of the forum dedicated to Wii U News not updated since the 13th of August is very appealing to any potential members. Is there any chance it could be fixed?

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#71 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

The app is probably broken.

#72 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

The app is probably broken.

That sucks. Still though, I think it might be a good idea to get it working again if possible; and perhaps we could replace Wii U Go with some other source of news considering the last time Go updated was March.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#73 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Can anyone please tell me what exactly is wrong with the Wii U News section of the site?

To be honest I don't think having a section of the forum dedicated to Wii U News not updated since the 13th of August is very appealing to any potential members. Is there any chance it could be fixed?

none of the writers are active anymore.

Mournblade, open that section up to use for making threads and rainbow. It'll stop the one-line "topics" we always get.
Well, I say stop, I mean move.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#74 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Mournblade, open that section up to use for making threads and shit. It'll stop the one-line "topics" we always get.

Looking at it, it's probably a good idea.  I currently don't know how the wiiu news bot works or even if I have "permission" to modify it, but there has never really been a point to it other than migrating traffic to the inactive blog (which wont be active, as feldo had to approve articles from writers).

I can probably make an announcement Friday of some sort about wii u news and stuff for that section.  I don't think I have to contact feldo, he wanted traffic for wiiugo, but there will be no traffic if there are no updates.  Plus, discussion over news has always seemed better than just news while people will discuss that news in another section.

#75 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Here is an idea:

The Wii U News posts.

Make them able to be replied to.

And have them posted in appropriate sections (ie: hardware, software, etc.)

That would drive replies and interest, rather than having the news in a closed off section.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 12 September 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#76 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

The staff doesn't care. They make it seem like they do, but they couldn't care less  with what the people want. There is a difference between being caring about things and actually being able to act upon them.

You also have the ladies like Villager/Miltionius/and Molester Man who do nothing at all but complain about this site and do ABSOLUTELY nothing to try and improve it. Because posting the most depressing news stories you can find is improving things, right?

Then again you have the guys like Firejonie and Blake who live in the past and remembrance about the good ol' days and how they used to spend endless hours on a chatroom having great times, yet they haven't done a damn thing to try and suggest anything for this site to improve. I haven't seen constant posts from either Firejonie or Blake resembling anything like you're talking about.

My main issue is that Mournblade and her lack of trust in her staff, he doesn't want to promote anyone else to Super Mod. I believe there's a difference between "doesn't want" and "lack of good options"

Chaotix is a moderator for a joke forum, Don't see anything wrong here

Routerbad died probably, Yeah, this is a problem

and nobody cares about the effort 3Dude puts in his post, yet he doesn't get promoted? Personally, I think that 3Dude acts rather derogatory towards other members of the forum in his posts...not sure I want that in a super mod

And then we have Feld0 who's obsessed with a show directed for four year girls, Technically, most cartoons don't have a "you have to be this old in order to like it" stamp on them

who's admitted to people that this place is only up because of MLP revenue. Right. So?

He doesn't give a damn about these forums, history shows it. There's so many people out there willing to buy a Wii U forum and see the potential in it, but Feld0 is too contemptuous to sell this place because she gets to put it on her resume of sites. Or maybe it's just not worthwhile selling the forums from a monetary perspective. I mean, think about it. If this place is only running because MLPF's revenue is keeping it going, wouldn't that basically mean that this forum is a money pit for any potential buyer?

Nobody puts in an effort. No one. Except for the people that post on topics, of course.

Everyone is either full rainbow or just loving flapping there twelve year old gums and don't have respect for an old man. Not sure what "old man" you're talking about, here.

Response in bold italics

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#77 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Looking at it, it's probably a good idea.  I currently don't know how the wiiu news bot works or even if I have "permission" to modify it, but there has never really been a point to it other than migrating traffic to the inactive blog (which wont be active, as feldo had to approve articles from writers).
I can probably make an announcement Friday of some sort about wii u news and stuff for that section.  I don't think I have to contact feldo, he wanted traffic for wiiugo, but there will be no traffic if there are no updates.  Plus, discussion over news has always seemed better than just news while people will discuss that news in another section.

THIS JUST IN, MOURNBLADE BROWSES THE FORUM WITH CENSORS TURNED OFF!!!!!

Sounds good.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#78 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

This is the problem, you people don't see the problem, you choose to ignore it. 

#79 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

none of the writers are active anymore.Mournblade, open that section up to use for making threads and rainbow. It'll stop the one-line "topics" we always get.Well, I say stop, I mean move.

This.

Just do this and activity will increase.

#80 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

This.

Just do this and activity will increase.

I have to agree. if we could have some sort of incentive for members to write interesting articles, we can vote on the or something and the good ones go to the news area.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!